IGNORED

Keeping secrets...

hanalei
Note: This thread is 4160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I happened to have golfed one of the nicest courses I've ever played. I also play what has to be one of the best deals on the planet (different course)...I find myself wanting to share but once again the shelfish part of me doesn't want to share due to the fact that the deals I'm getting are because nobody knows about them... If I do share I feel they will no longer be available, or more difficult to obtain... Here's a glimpse[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/27/y2egu2uz.jpg[/IMG]

And I would care about a "deal" that you're getting but won't share, because........? :-\

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah, like one of the nicer and more expensive courses in the area happens to also be on an online discount website, so mid-morning you can play for cheapy cheap with a cart.  i dont tell other people about the website because i dont want them gobbling up my tee times.

Colin P.

I've told alot of old timers I've teamed up with who are not computer saavy about my $14 golfnow tee times when they are playing $44 for the same mid day round.    They are always appreciative, and I feel better telling people & helping them ... you might want to try it sometime.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by hanalei

I happened to have golfed one of the nicest courses I've ever played. I also play what has to be one of the best deals on the planet (different course)...I find myself wanting to share but once again the shelfish part of me doesn't want to share due to the fact that the deals I'm getting are because nobody knows about them... If I do share I feel they will no longer be available, or more difficult to obtain... Here's a glimpse

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post.   Are you trying to let us know that:

a)  You got to play a really nice course and you're bragging

b)  You found a deal and you're bragging

c)  You're selfish and don't like to share

d)  All of the above

Since I don't get what you're trying to say, I guess I'll pick (d)

Sorry, I meant to follow up with asking if people felt guilty keeping secrets... I play 18 hole Wailua Beach Golf course for $7.50. Pic is of a private resort/course called Kukui'ula, which held the us open qualifiers in June, $35 and they even carried my clubs from and to my car. Didn't want to sound like I was bragging, more 'Fortunate and feeling Guilty', with a hint of crowd paranoia...

Originally Posted by hanalei

Sorry, I meant to follow up with asking if people felt guilty keeping secrets... I play 18 hole Wailua Beach Golf course for $7.50. Pic is of a private resort/course called Kukui'ula, which held the us open qualifiers in June, $35 and they even carried my clubs from and to my car. Didn't want to sound like I was bragging, more 'Fortunate and feeling Guilty', with a hint of crowd paranoia...

Google doesn't turn up any hits for Wailua Beach GoIf, so I assume you mean Wailua Municipal Golf course in Kauai. I live in California but my wife and I were just out there a couple weeks ago and I played it for the first time. Awesome course for a muni. The $7.50 rate you got is great, but just to put things in perspective for those who aren't aware, that's the standard twilight rate for Hawaii residents - and standard morning rate is $15. As a non-resident I had to pay a whopping $48. Great value - tourists like me are not going to play many other Hawaii courses for less than $100.

Re Kukui'ula, I discovered that one on our recent trip, but only because I drove by it on the way to Spouting Horn. It's not among the standard lists of Kauai courses that I had ever seen. I did some research on it after I got back to the condo we were renting there, and as far as I could tell the only way to play it was to stay at the property, and cheapest options were around $1000 a night. If you could provide info on how an average guy can play that course some other way, it would be much appreciated and you would have good golf karma for a long time.

[Edit] Ah, found this: http://kolepakukuiula.com/tee-time-information. Apparently they reserve 4 tee times a day for Kauai residents. $35, and available only by lottery. I can see why you wanted to keep it secret.  :-)   Sorry for spilling the beans, but once you named the course, any Kauai resident who might have read your post could've done the same search I did.

Bill

Originally Posted by inthehole

I've told alot of old timers I've teamed up with who are not computer saavy about my $14 golfnow tee times when they are playing $44 for the same mid day round.    They are always appreciative, and I feel better telling people & helping them ... you might want to try it sometime.

nope.  im selfish.  i'd rather there be cheap tee times available for me than feel good about telling old timers about saving money, but thats just me.  literally, theres only like 6 tee times available each day.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Clambake

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post.   Are you trying to let us know that:

a)  You got to play a really nice course and you're bragging

b)  You found a deal and you're bragging

c)  You're selfish and don't like to share

d)  All of the above

Since I don't get what you're trying to say, I guess I'll pick (d)

D.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

Note: This thread is 4160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!