IGNORED

Beware of FAKE Mizuno Irons

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Or just be left Handed and avoid Mizuno altogether.:~(

Yeah, just buy Ping or Callaway clubs! :-D

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

There is a mall in Shanghai called Pearl City that sells fake everything including clubs. I thought is was easy to tell they were fake. They also had fake Rolex watches, Gucci bags, etc. I don't buy counterfeit stuff, but did get some tourist items.

A friend of mine from OZ wanted to get her son a Drew Brees NFL jersey. The fake shop owner wanted $80 US for it. My friend asked me if this was a good deal. I told her I could get her a real one for $50. She walked away. The shop owner was so mad at me and yelled at me in Chinese. Even an hour later, when we walked by again, she yelled at me. :-P

When I got back to the US, I got a kids Drew Brees Saints jersey for $50 on the NFL site and shipped it to her.

You get what you pay for.

In that case, she would have paid more for less. . .

On another note, many things are made in China (including many "Make America Great" hats). So, there is a good chance you will get an authentic whatever for less money. The BIG DOWNSIDE is there's NO WARRANTY. That's actually what you pay for when you buy an authentic product.

4 hours ago, scotth said:

Sadly that seems to be the case for most club makers and new products if you are a lefty.  I feel your pain!

Yeah. . .that's the only reason why I don't have a new set of Mizuno irons.

30 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

You should have don a poll @mvmac I actually said "A" but most cases you don't have the opportunity to compare side by side during the sale or the pics are actual clubs and the counterfeit ones are sent out. 

It doesn't matter what they look like these days. You really can't tell the difference. Unfortunately, many counterfeits are from second source vendors who have all the specifications to build things the same way. So, it's not "fake", but still illegal.

A big issue is that nothing is perfect and are subject to failure at some point in time. With EBay bought stuff and/or counterfeits there is no warranted service.

You buy American products for the service, you buy Chinese products direct if you want to shave a few bucks, and the better counterfeits are identical to the "real" products. You just get no service along with it. For example, I've replaced may of my authentic shafts and club heads at a nominal or no fee. That's a big reason why I buy authentic stuff.

Of course, it should go without saying that the authentic product companies paid for all the development work and should also be rewarded for that as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Or just be left Handed and avoid Mizuno altogether.:~(

8 hours ago, scotth said:

Sadly that seems to be the case for most club makers and new products if you are a lefty.  I feel your pain!

Keep in mind this is just simply due to the numbers...left-handed versions usually sell about 7-8% of the right-handed model.  So if a company sells 3,500 sets of a right-handed iron set, they can expect to sell about 280 in left-hand, and with the tooling dies cost of about $40,000 the numbers don't shake out.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

32 minutes ago, 1badbadger said:

Keep in mind this is just simply due to the numbers...left-handed versions usually sell about 7-8% of the right-handed model.  So if a company sells 3,500 sets of a right-handed iron set, they can expect to sell about 280 in left-hand, and with the tooling dies cost of about $40,000 the numbers don't shake out.

Having been left handed all my life, I am quite aware of how few other lefties are around, and the economics.  Doesn't mean I have to like it however..... :)

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

4 minutes ago, scotth said:

Having been left handed all my life, I am quite aware of how few other lefties are around, and the economics.  Doesn't mean I have to like it however..... :)

This. And Mizuno does make left-handed clubs. Just not their prized irons as I guess they figure left-handers are hacks. lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

20 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Maybe they just wanted your credit card.

Exactly what I'm thinking 

7 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

You should have don a poll @mvmac I actually said "A" but most cases you don't have the opportunity to compare side by side during the sale or the pics are actual clubs and the counterfeit ones are sent out. 

I could tell A was a fake before even seeing B... but I'm also a long time MP player.  I could see how someone who's not, might not be able to tell via an eBay pic

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

This. And Mizuno does make left-handed clubs. Just not their prized irons as I guess they figure left-handers are hacks. lol.

The MP 25 came in lefty (along w/ 52, 53, 54)... problem is they only make so many, so they're gone quick.

On this topic in general, I care enough about playing the club I want to play, that I just buy new from a legit seller every time.  For people who don't care as much, up to them to take the risk for a deal.  A friend of mine plays a fake Scotty and fake r7 irons, and he doesn't seem to care one bit (I think mainly because he lucked out with decent knock offs)

17 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Except for Phil, and Bubba on occasion. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!