IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Thank you, that was what I told him that you all seem like really nice guys and will have a really good time.

So stick us in the back!

We are really nice guys, you'll like us!!  (Except Beachcomber - he's kind of a jerk! ... but don't tell him I said that)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
And here is an updated list of who's in:

1. tristanhilton85

2. mvmac

3. beachcomber

4. golfingdad (possibly)

5. hacker101 (+1)

6. pakoh

7. jefkve

8. justapitin

9. iacas (if there is disk golf after)

10. Lihu

11. uscfan

With the plus one for hacker101, that's 12 now so we have three solid groups; also there is a slight chance I may bring a coworker with me. If we can, maybe a good idea to see if we can make it for four groups and see if we can reduce it if need be.

Here is the last list I saw posted (a couple pages back) ... is it still accurate?  One of Beach's +2 is a member here now (Golfswine) and I'm pretty sure he's in, so that puts us at 13/possibly 14.

Anybody hear from Matt (mdl) or Jimdangles?  They both came last time but I haven't seen them around much lately.

Also, how come Clambake hasn't joined our group yet?  wtf, man?

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Anybody hear from Matt (mdl) or Jimdangles?  They both came last time but I haven't seen them around much lately.

I sent a PM to Lihu, mdl, and Jimdangles all at the same time and the only one who got back was Lihu. I'll try again to see if they are interested and also send one to Clambake to see if he'd like to join with us.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by hacker101

Thank you, that was what I told him that you all seem like really nice guys and will have a really good time.

So stick us in the back!

Golfdad is like the nicest guy around!  So nice, that sometimes I want to smack him...  then I remember he is twice as big as me and can kick my ass!

I am a jerk.  thats why the golf gods hate me.

Originally Posted by iacas

And to be clear, we'll probably have to pick the single best times given availability (of the host locations and the attendees) for both AimPoint and the little 5SK/short game school. I don't know that we can do two of them given the rates we're looking at charging y'all. :)

No worries at all, I understand completely.

Considering some of the signs I see posted on driving ranges about instruction, I imagine it would be difficult for you guys to find locations for these things?

Want to update everyone, looks like there is a good chance the 5SK 3 hour school on Friday April 5th.  Location still TBD but looking to have it in the Riverside area.  AimPoint will probably be after golf on Sunday.  Obviously Erik and I will talk regarding times/availability.

The Callaway guys aren't sure if they can make it, they might be traveling to Augusta that day.  Masters is the following week.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I sent a PM to Lihu, mdl, and Jimdangles all at the same time and the only one who got back was Lihu. I'll try again to see if they are interested and also send one to Clambake to see if he'd like to join with us.

Cool thx Tristan, I'll be sure to follow up with them as well.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Want to update everyone, looks like there is a good chance the 5SK 3 hour school on Friday April 5th.  Location still TBD but looking to have it in the Riverside area.  AimPoint will probably be after golf on Sunday.  Obviously Erik and I will talk regarding times/availability.

The 5SK school could possibly be a no go for me... as of right now I have to work since I already have that weekend off, but I'm going to see if I can take a vacation day. More than likely I'll be there but it just isn't a sure thing (yet). AimPoint after the golf sounds like a great idea.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Can you all tell me what the 5sk and aimpoint is?

Friday might be a bit tough also, school and work will have to see.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

Can you all tell me what the 5sk and aimpoint is?

Friday might be a bit tough also, school and work will have to see.

5SK is the 5 Simple Keys instruction system.  This is a three-ish hour school we did in September http://thesandtrap.com/t/61435/5-simple-keys-school-in-san-diego-with-dave-wedzik-erik-barzeski-bob-townsend-and-mike-mc-loughlin

AimPoint is green reading instruction.  Not actually "reading" a putt by using your eyes but by using your feet and some quick math. Understanding all the variables that go into how/why a putt breaks and how you can accurately determine where you need to aim your putter for any given putt.  Lots of misconceptions in putting and AimPoint just deals with the facts.

More info here

aimpoint site:thesandtrap.com

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

You won't pay less to do these ever again. That's all the more I'll say about pricing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I would say we are in, but need to make sure I can get the time off.

I am sure this opertunity will not come around again.

I will have a answer by Monday, work has been a bit ruff the last couple of week. When do you need a drop dead answer and the money?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

You won't pay less to do these ever again. That's all the more I'll say about pricing.

Well, if that's the case, somebody PM me info #okthanxbai

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by jefkve

Well, if that's the case, somebody PM me info #okthanxbai

PM sent :-)

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

PM sent :-)

I think the pre-pay cut-off date is two weeks prior. So what's that - March 22? Mike, hacker101 will PM you if he hasn't.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think the pre-pay cut-off date is two weeks prior. So what's that - March 22? Mike, hacker101 will PM you if he hasn't.

lol I was just going to message you figuring two weeks.  Yep Hacker has been pm'd

Mike McLoughlin

Here is the last list I saw posted (a couple pages back) ... is it still accurate?  One of Beach's +2 is a member here now (Golfswine) and I'm pretty sure he's in, so that puts us at 13/possibly 14. Anybody hear from Matt (mdl) or Jimdangles?  They both came last time but I haven't seen them around much lately. Also, how come Clambake hasn't joined our group yet?  wtf, man?

Add +1 for me, my son is interested as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

Add +1 for me, my son is interested as well.

Awesome...

Confirmed so far...

1. tristanhilton85

2. mvmac

3. iacas

4. golfingdad

5. beachcomber

6. hacker101 +1

7. lihu +1

8. jefkve

9. justapitin

10. pakoh

With Lihu's and Hacker101's +1s that puts us at 12.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Most likely I'll be a +2 again.  I'll try and bring Mike Montessi and Andrew Pennachio (Golf Swine).  Could be even more than +2 once we get the details...

Date: Sunday, April 7th

Course:

Rate:

Once those are locked down, I'll put the feelers out to my peeps and see who is interested in playing.

Thanks,

Beach

Time to put out the feelers to your peeps since we got the course (Tukwet Canyon) and rate ($50) locked down.

Beach's possible +2 would get us to 14 and we still have uscfan who hasn't confirmed and we haven't heard anything from mdl or jimdangles so we'll see. Clambake did get back to me and said that he won't be able to make this one but will check out the group and possibly join us in the future.

Originally Posted by iacas

And we'll create some kind of little "game" or something as well. If someone can start arranging foursomes, that'd be good. They'll need to be pliable but we can start consolidating that stuff.

Any ideas for some kind of little "game" we could play? Also as far as foursomes go, most of us have our handicap in our profiles so we can pretty much go off of that. Just try to make the groups as even as possible so every thing is balanced.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Any ideas for some kind of little "game" we could play? Also as far as foursomes go, most of us have our handicap in our profiles so we can pretty much go off of that. Just try to make the groups as even as possible so every thing is balanced.

Flighted by golf-forum handicap?  L. O. L. Why don't I just go ahead and tell you how far I hit it on #7?  (Hint:  it carried at least 305.)

(Just kidding as to the folks in this group, of course--but it is a funny concept.)

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 4026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!