IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here is what we have so far:

Username

Name

Index

“Guest” (Index)

Grouping

1. iacas

Erik

--

2. mvmac

Mike

--

3. tristanhilton85

Tristan

Justin (~18)

4. Golfingdad

Drew

--

5. Beachcomber

Shawn

Michael (~10)

6. Justtapitin

Andy

~20

Manabu (~10)

7. Lihu

Lihu

~20

Kaili (~12)

8. Pakoh

Jon

~8

--

9. Golfswine

Andrew

--

10. jefkve

Jeff

--

11. Mr. Desmond

Jerry G.

???

--

12. Hacker101

Mike

???

Justin (???)

13. Big C

Colin

--

I sent a mass PM to those involved to get names and handicaps and most have gotten back to me... I just need Big C's name and hadicaps for Mr. Desmond (I know he's working on that as he said the one in his profile isn't accurate) hacker101 and his guest.

Right now we are at 18 players, so if it stays that way maybe 2 threesomes and 3 foursomes?

---

UPDATED 3/14 with Big C's name (Colin) and current index.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Right now we are at 18 players, so if it stays that way maybe 2 threesomes and 3 foursomes?

That's good. I'll make sure the game is good for three or four players. I know how to do that... I'll explain later once I make the teams and so on.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks Tristan sorry I have just not put mine and Justin's numbers up at this point to figure it out, heck I am not even carrying a score card right now.

If I was to guess mine -18? Justin's 28+?

I wont be hurt if you put us in the back of the bus..ha-ha.

It will just be great to finally meet you all, we both are really looking forward to this.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Thanks for get things done guys.

Can't wait to meet and play with you all!!!

Driver: Mizuno MP-630 10.5* S-Flex

Irons: 4-6 Mizuno JPX 800 S-Flex, 7-P Mizuno MP-58 S-Flex

Wedge: Mizuno MP-10 56*

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2

Ball: Gamer V2, Q-Star, e-6

• Administrator

Tristan, do you have a nearly full table ready?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Tristan, do you have a nearly full table ready?

Here it is:

Username

Name

Index

“Guest” (Index)

Grouping

1. iacas

Erik

--

2. mvmac

Mike

--

3. tristanhilton85

Tristan

Justin (~18)

4. Golfingdad

Drew

--

5. Beachcomber

Shawn

Michael (~10)

6. Justtapitin

Andy

~20

Manabu (~10)

7. Lihu

Lihu

~20

Kaili (~12)

8. Pakoh

Jon

~8

--

9. Golfswine

Andrew

--

10. jefkve

Jeff

--

11. Mr. Desmond

Jerry G.

???

--

12. Hacker101

Mike

~18

Justin (~28)

13. Big C

Colin

--

The only thing I don't have is Mr. Desmond's index. He has one posted in his profile but said that isn't anywhere near accurate but would figure that out. I updated mine and Golfingdad's index with our latest revisions.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Here it is:

Username

Name

Index

“Guest” (Index)

Grouping

1. iacas

Erik

--

2. mvmac

Mike

--

3. tristanhilton85

Tristan

Justin (~18)

4. Golfingdad

Drew

--

5. Beachcomber

Shawn

Michael (~10)

6. Justtapitin

Andy

~20

Manabu (~10)

7. Lihu

Lihu

~20

Kaili (~12)

8. Pakoh

Jon

~8

--

9. Golfswine

Andrew

--

10. jefkve

Jeff

--

11. Mr. Desmond

Jerry G.

???

--

12. Hacker101

Mike

~18

Justin (~28)

13. Big C

Colin

--

The only thing I don't have is Mr. Desmond's index. He has one posted in his profile but said that isn't anywhere near accurate but would figure that out. I updated mine and Golfingdad's index with our latest revisions.

Man...you guys are GOOD....

I've got to have some talk with Mr. Driver and Mrs. Putter so that I can keep up you guys....

Driver: Mizuno MP-630 10.5* S-Flex

Irons: 4-6 Mizuno JPX 800 S-Flex, 7-P Mizuno MP-58 S-Flex

Wedge: Mizuno MP-10 56*

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2

Ball: Gamer V2, Q-Star, e-6

• Administrator

A work in progress....

Let me know what you think.

Again it's going to be a Stableford style competition .

Let me know if there are any changes to your official handicap index by the 24th. And Mr. Desmond please approximate yours by then. :)

Originally Posted by iacas

Handicaps

80% your handicap index (we'll compile a list of handicap indeces by about March 24th or so). So if you're a 16.1, that's a 12.88 and you might get 14 strokes. We'll round to the nearest whole number. Mike and I will get zero strokes, and are eligible for the team prizes but not the individual prizes. Tristan is eligible for all.

Format

Modified Stableford

Double or Worse - Nada

Bogey - 1 Point

Par - 2 Points

Birdie - 3 Points

Eagle - 5 Points

Better - 7 Points

Winners

- The winning team is the team that amasses the most points. Each member of the winning team will hopefully be awarded a small prize.

- The highest point earner on the winning team will receive a bigger prize (which we have already).

- Ties will be settled by a closest to the pin competition if that's possible, and if not, in a putting match, the duration of which will be one hole with all team members in the event of a team tie and nine holes in the event of an individual tie for the individual prize.

Since three groups have four players, one player will effectively "sit" a hole out (his score won't count that hole) per the chart above.

I'm looking forward to this... Tristan, you know this course right?  I've never played it.  So hoping you can direct traffic for our team and lead us to victory!!!

Hey now, hold on, no local favorites going on, I think any one who has a local on there team needs points deducted prior to the start....ha-ha

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

No need to get nasty, just stating the facts for all us poor High HC guys.

Is there a prize for the person and or team with the least amount of point?

Just asking???

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Originally Posted by hacker101

Hey now, hold on, no local favorites going on, I think any one who has a local on there team needs points deducted prior to the start....ha-ha

Seriously!  I think Tristan's not answering because he's out there right now with surveying equipment mapping the entire course out for his team!

For the rest of us, there is: http://www.tukwetcanyon.com/champions-course

and there is also this one: http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel13/event/thegolfchannel13149/index.htm Check out the "course tour" (make sure you pick Champions, not Legends), its a fairly decent google maps layout of the place, hole by hole.  But don't trust the distance tool, I just realized it's a ways off - perhaps due to its 2-dimensionality.  (It told me I'd have a 130 yard approach after a 260 yard drive on a 460 yard par 4 hole)

• Administrator

Uhmm.... ;)

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I'm looking forward to this... Tristan, you know this course right?  I've never played it.  So hoping you can direct traffic for our team and lead us to victory!!!

Yeah... I don't know about that... I've played the course exactly once. And my brother may be a liability. He has the potential to really surprise but could also blow up and potentially finish dead last...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Seriously!  I think Tristan's not answering because he's out there right now with surveying equipment mapping the entire course out for his team!

For the rest of us, there is: http://www.tukwetcanyon.com/champions-course

and there is also this one: http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel13/event/thegolfchannel13149/index.htm  Check out the "course tour" (make sure you pick Champions, not Legends), its a fairly decent google maps layout of the place, hole by hole.  But don't trust the distance tool, I just realized it's a ways off - perhaps due to its 2-dimensionality.  (It told me I'd have a 130 yard approach after a 260 yard drive on a 460 yard par 4 hole)

Lets not forget http://greenskeeper.org/southern_california/riverside_county/PGA_Southern_California_Champions/playingtips.cfm

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Tristan give it up, cats out of the bag!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Yeah... I don't know about that... I've played the course exactly once. And my brother may be a liability. He has the potential to really surprise but could also blow up and potentially finish dead last...

LOL... Sounds like a few other TST'ers I know...

Seriously, if we don't win the points total... We'll at least be the best looking group out there with all of our tripped out gear, shoes, hats, etc, etc...  So we got that going for us.

Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!