IGNORED

Your Favorite Putter Of All Time Is?

Note: This thread is 1852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been using a Nike Unitized Tiempo for a while now (after briefly using a Scotty as well as a few others), so that's probably my favorite. It's good a good feeling and is nice a plain-looking. Definitely wouldn't be against finding something better though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Whatever's working............

I've owned 3 putters over the years. A Bullseye, an Odyssey Two-Ball putter and now an Odyssey White Ice.

I switched to the White Ice last year because the Two-Ball felt like I was putting with a brick. Still not putting great but I'm not practicing much either.

More than hitting it where I want to I need a lesson in green reading. Over reading breaks consistently........

Titleist Bullseye.  Its still the greatest putter ever made because its beautiful and forces you to have a sound putting stroke to be successful with it.  I gamed a Bullseye when I first started playing golf and IMO, its the reason why Im such a good putter.  IMO, if you want to become a good putter, forget about the big ole ugly mallet with all of its high MOI and get yourself a Bullseye and head to the practice green.

This is totally true IMHO. ESP on improving your stroke, I am golfing less than two years but would consider putting to be the strongest part of my game. About 6 months ago I was going through a slightly inconsistent period with my anser x. I honestly figured out that it came down to laziness/complacence, so I bought my self an as new American classic bullseye. My plan was knowing they are a little less forgiving to use it to sharpen the stroke up a touch for a while and maybe build a sharper routine into my game knowing I needed to but the thing is never coming out of my bag. They are untouchable in terms of distance control do even if I'm just a hair off line it's a simple tap in. I reckon if you knock your approaches close they might cost you the odd birdie, but if you are like me(happy to be on the short grass in 2 at all) they keep you around par way better than most.

Originally Posted by Mrco

This is totally true IMHO. ESP on improving your stroke, I am golfing less than two years but would consider putting to be the strongest part of my game. About 6 months ago I was going through a slightly inconsistent period with my anser x. I honestly figured out that it came down to laziness/complacence, so I bought my self an as new American classic bullseye. My plan was knowing they are a little less forgiving to use it to sharpen the stroke up a touch for a while and maybe build a sharper routine into my game knowing I needed to but the thing is never coming out of my bag. They are untouchable in terms of distance control do even if I'm just a hair off line it's a simple tap in.

I reckon if you knock your approaches close they might cost you the odd birdie, but if you are like me(happy to be on the short grass in 2 at all) they keep you around par way better than most.

Agree.  I subscribe to the saying that a great putter is a match for anyone.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Taylormade Ghost tm-110 tour been my baby for ever but have been switching between that and a yes callie 12 white

In my  stand bag

:titleist:910d2 8.5*

speedline fast 12 3w 

910h 17* 

:titleist: 712 cb/mb 3-p

:mizuno: MP-T4 56* 60*

:nike: method 001 

:srixon: tour yellow z star xv 

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Titleist Bullseye.  Its still the greatest putter ever made because its beautiful and forces you to have a sound putting stroke to be successful with it.  I gamed a Bullseye when I first started playing golf and IMO, its the reason why Im such a good putter.  IMO, if you want to become a good putter, forget about the big ole ugly mallet with all of its high MOI and get yourself a Bullseye and head to the practice green.

For the first time in many weeks, I played back to back rounds of golf with the same putter!  Forcing myself to try/use a blade putter has worked out well so far.  I am getting used to it and I believe that my putting is actually better with a blade versus the mallets that I was using before.  The Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 did very well this weekend and yesterday I had my second lowest number of putts in a round (31).  I'm hoping that this is a keeper although I have said that many times before......

Originally Posted by bjwestner

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

For the first time in many weeks, I played back to back rounds of golf with the same putter!  Forcing myself to try/use a blade putter has worked out well so far.  I am getting used to it and I believe that my putting is actually better with a blade versus the mallets that I was using before.  The Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 did very well this weekend and yesterday I had my second lowest number of putts in a round (31).  I'm hoping that this is a keeper although I have said that many times before......

I found one of these on ebay that somehow never got used. It looks like it just came through the time portal from 1975. Now that is a true blade (IMO these and the Bullseyes are the only blade putters). The feel is fantastic, makes my Anser 4 feel like it's putting rocks in comparison, and I have been putting very well since bagging it.

dak4n6

I picked up the Nike Method Core putter when it came out ( Its the one w the insert not the one Tiger uses). For me, It was love at first stroke, i really like the way it feels, but what struck me the most is how the ball stays glued to the green on the way to dropping in the hole, almost like its magnetized. I cant see myself ever changing putters again. As soon as those putters hit the clearance rack ill by a second one for back up (so they can bury me with it) LOL.

I think these are worth a mention here too. I can't speak for the insert model, to each their own. I don't like inserts. Now I'm not big on understanding club making, but I think the secret to these is in the shaft. Some putters you could feel exactly where the head is with your eyes closed. To me it feels light shaft heavy head. The method on the other hand felt much more balanced along the length if it. ie felt nicer. This post could be pure dribble but I'd golf esp in the short game strong on feel.

• 11 months later...
Here is a list of faves for me, these are the ones that rotate though my bag year after year. As you will see I love my blades, not just any blades I mean 8802 Napa styles . My roster includes, a couple of Wilson 8802's, Yes Sophia, an Odyssey #8 couple of Snake Eyes Vipers and a Cleveland Designed By Corey Pavin Limited Edition. Though my collection is small I will continue to grow it for years to come, oh I have had my share of Pings, Taylor Mades and the like but I will always seem gravitate back to the trusty blades.

• 5 years later...
On 1/16/2013 at 7:14 AM, GaijinGolfer said:

I know this is an old thread , but the Original a Acustnet Bullseye or Scotty Cameron Bullseye best feel feeling putter all time Johnny Miller !!!  forget the mallets and heavy 350 + grams putters 

Mine all time favorite was a cheapie ($10 - $20?) Zone 1 putter I found in a bargain bin.

I played this putter for 20+ years. It truly was my money club.  I finally had to retire it due to injuries it substained about a year ago. 

Replaced it with a Heavy Putter I have had for quite a while. Maybe a decade, or two. After a week, or so getting use it, and using it for the past year, I am pretty sure this will be the last putter I will ever use. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2013 at 3:07 PM, cooke119 said:

Ping D66 blade with interchangable weights in the bottom. If I don't like the way it feels that day I change the weights until I do (before the round). I putt well with it and rarely change the weights but they are fun to fool around with.

Having said this 6 years ago, it is no longer the case. I purchased a Piretti Teramo 365G, 34" and it is the best putter I have ever used. It will stay in the bag for a long time. BTW I have 11 putters in my garage, this one is the best by far.

On 1/16/2013 at 7:14 AM, GaijinGolfer said:

That's the one!

Brad Faxon

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 1852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!