IGNORED

Blue Jeans? (Rory McIlroy Nike Announcement)

Fourputt
Note: This thread is 4089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

I like jeans, but I don't think I would wear them on a golf course, even if it became accepted. They're just not comfortable enough when you're moving around. When I go to the indoor driving range in the winter I don't wear jeans, even though I do wear them most days for doing other stuff.

Right. Besides the just, I dunno, 'out of place' look of jeans on the course, they're just not practical. Stick a couple of golf balls & a handful of tees in the front pocket of some tight jeans & try to fish a ball out. Not to mention jamo's point of moving around or trying to make an athletic swing in jeans.

Golf just lends itself to baggier clothes, imo.

The question I'd ask is why are you wearing tight jeans?  If you get them to a proper fit, they aren't tight, they are loose and comfortable.  Wrangler relaxed fit, or even better, Rustlers brand at Target.   $20 or less, nice comfortable fit, can be worn working in the yard one day, then put in the wash and off to the course the next.

To each his own.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erik, would you consider 'bronco busting' or bull riding 'athletic activities'?  Let's ask Fourputt, as he sounds like a former frontier/pioneer type from Colorado, what such rodeo guys and gals wear on the job.

Me? I like linen and always long sleeves and big hat.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

The question I'd ask is why are you wearing tight jeans?  If you get them to a proper fit, they aren't tight, they are loose and comfortable.  Wrangler relaxed fit, or even better, Rustlers brand at Target.   $20 or less, nice comfortable fit, can be worn working in the yard one day, then put in the wash and off to the course the next.

To each his own.

Exactly.  (Personally, I like to wear Jeggings [sp?] whenever I can)  Courses should allow those since I'm pretty sure they're not actually made of denim ;)

P.S.  I do find it pretty amusing that there is a fairly large consensus amog courses about not allowing denim, and quite a few places starting to disallow cargo shorts/pants, yet nobody seems to have any objection to the stuff that John Daly continues to trot out there?

If you had a vote on which is more acceptable between Jordan's cargo shorts and Daly's "God Bless America" pants, I find it hard to believe that the overwhelming majority wouldn't prefer the cargo shorts.  Now, back on topic.

Colorado is more about outdoor activities than rodeo. For all my non-golfing outdoor stuff I wear Kuhl jeans, a cotton and nylon or spandex blend. Expensive but worth it for the feel and performance of the fabric alone. The big pockets, gusseted crotch and articulated knee design would perform well on the course but at $75 there are more affordable golf choices.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm not sure what your point is here... Are you just trying to whip people into a frenzy again?

I have only two things to say about jeans on the golf course:

I don't care if someone else wears them, but I also support courses that have a policy of "no jeans."

Jeans are almost exactly the opposite of a good material for an athletic activity. They're heavy, aren't particularly warm, don't stretch, and absorb water (and sweat) like it's their sole purpose in life. Many, MANY other fabrics are better for golf.

I find jeans to be very warm in cold weather.  (This is the first year I haven't worn jeans in the winter and that has been because I found some heavy weight cargo pants that I like.)

Somebody asked about a couple of rodeo events..    Those are definitely athletic events (anyone who disagrees has never tried them!) and as most everyone knows, jeans are the standard for rodeo attire.

I do agree that there are better fabrics available for golf though..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

• Administrator
Originally Posted by joekelly

Erik, would you consider 'bronco busting' or bull riding 'athletic activities'?

Neither the bulls nor the broncos wear jeans.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Exactly.  (Personally, I like to wear Jeggings [sp?] whenever I can)  Courses should allow those since I'm pretty sure they're not actually made of denim ;)

P.S.  I do find it pretty amusing that there is a fairly large consensus amog courses about not allowing denim, and quite a few places starting to disallow cargo shorts/pants, yet nobody seems to have any objection to the stuff that John Daly continues to trot out there?

If you had a vote on which is more acceptable between Jordan's cargo shorts and Daly's "God Bless America" pants, I find it hard to believe that the overwhelming majority wouldn't prefer the cargo shorts.  Now, back on topic.

You like to wear Jeggings?  The tights that look like jeans?  LOL

Originally Posted by joekelly

Erik, would you consider 'bronco busting' or bull riding 'athletic activities'?

Levi Strauss used denim to create jeans just for these activities.  Denim is a very strong fabric.  They are also good to create a make-do flotation devise.  We used to use them when teaching Life Saving.  You tie off the legs and flip them over your head to fill them up with air.  The air stays in a while.

But I still wouldn't wear them golfing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
Originally Posted by boogielicious

They are also good to create a make-do flotation devise.  We used to use them when teaching Life Saving.  You tie off the legs and flip them over your head to fill them up with air.  The air stays in a while.

Huh?

Wait, I get it - you're saying that ripped jeans are not only unfashionable for many, but they could KILL YOU too!?! Got it!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!