IGNORED

My Swing (jbishop15)

jbishop15

• Administrator

Much better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

The work continues. If I'm not diligent, the shaft gets too inside too early on the backswing. I'm also working on shortening my backswing, which I do a shitty job of here. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Backswing and downswing work paying off.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• 2 weeks later...

These are the videos I submitted to evolvr. The work continues. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Forgot to mention: I purchased a full set of Edel wedges and irons [3-PW, 52, 60] a few weeks ago. They'll be here in another week or so.

I am very excited! 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

31 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

Forgot to mention: I purchased a full set of Edel wedges and irons [3-PW, 52, 60] a few weeks ago. They'll be here in another week or so.

I am very excited! 

AWESOME! Post some pictures when they get delivered. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just now, saevel25 said:

AWESOME! Post some pictures when they get delivered. 

I definitely will. I can't wait. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Edels are here, and in the bag.

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

• Upvote 4

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Nice!!!! :beer:

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Love the look of those irons - my Edel wedges are still a couple of weeks away at best :-(.

Keep up the good work with the swing!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

12 minutes ago, b101 said:

Love the look of those irons - my Edel wedges are still a couple of weeks away at best :-(.

Keep up the good work with the swing!

Thanks! I'm loving these clubs so far. 

Fresh wedge grooves are quite a shock. I hit one a few days ago that spun twenty feet off the green into the water. These cut through the ground so easily that it took me a while to calibrate. 

Latest swing. Working on two things: standing the club up more on the backswing, and shallowing it more on the downswing. Making good progress. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

4 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Fresh wedge grooves are quite a shock. I hit one a few days ago that spun twenty feet off the green into the water.

Out of curiosity and for comparison, what were your previous wedges and how old were they?

Also, those irons look beautiful!:beer:

Irons look fantastic. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

11 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Out of curiosity and for comparison, what were your previous wedges and how old were they?

Also, those irons look beautiful!:beer:

I've gone through two wedges in the past year: a Nike 60 degree, in which I wore the grooves near completely smooth, and a Ben Hogan 60, which I got for twenty bucks at an old used club store. The Hogan was at least ten years old, with worn grooves. I had to lean on both of those mother****ers to get them to check up, and I did the same with the Edel. 

They feel beautiful, too! Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Irons look fantastic. 

Thanks man. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Everything about them has been better than expected. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

29 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

I've gone through two wedges in the past year: a Nike 60 degree, in which I wore the grooves near completely smooth,

How long did that take you?  I think my current wedges (Ping Glides) are about two years old at this point.  Nothing too noticeable to me with the grooves wearing.

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

How long did that take you?  I think my current wedges (Ping Glides) are about two years old at this point.  Nothing too noticeable to me with the grooves wearing.

I had the Nike for about two years, I think, maybe a few months more. The bottom center grooves were beginning to pinch closed on the Hogan by the time I got my Edels. I use the 60 for everything 130 yards and in, so it gets a lot of use. 

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Video I just submitted to evolvr.

Happy with progress, but not there yet.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

(edited)

The feel is "drop club to right heel" to help shallow downswing. Really pleased with improvement, not so much with camera angle.

Edited by jbishop15

Hunter Bishop

My Bag