IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by BostonBrew

Do you usually grip down that far on the club? Or is this just because you were indoors and didn't want to risk hitting something?

Yes I do, but it is only .5-.75" though, not as much as it looks in the posture reference photo.  If you were looking from the other side you would see the heel pad is higher.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by cipher

Yes I do, but it is only .5-.75" though, not as much as it looks in the posture reference photo.  If you were looking from the other side you would see the heel pad is higher.

Right on. Just curious.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Looks good.  I'd say that you compare pretty well with Lee Westwood here: http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture/0_30  except with even better "chin tuck."

Yeah just trying to find the right balance of knee bend and back posture.  My latest lesson was all about improving the posture and hips and the motion of the hips.  I had of course gotten too "under" in my posture.  If you will excuse me I need to go rub my backside up against a wall for a drill.

Nate

Much better results with the long irons already.  Gotta keep working the drills but love hitting it high like this.  Follow through is goofy but not what I am concerned with right now, just a by product maintaining the current feel.  Need to do a lot more slow motion work.

Embedded image permalink

Nate

A nice morning for some golf.

Nate

Nice!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Great scoring Cipher! Super jealous. I'm also struggling to find the right posture for me. I'm sure Erik will help out with that this weekend.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Nice!!!

Thanks amigo!  First time shooting 36 this year.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Great scoring Cipher! Super jealous. I'm also struggling to find the right posture for me. I'm sure Erik will help out with that this weekend.

I am jealous of you going out there to Erie.  Have fun!  I plan on heading out there in late August or early September as well.

Nate

Thanks amigo!  First time shooting 36 this year.

I am jealous of you going out there to Erie.  Have fun!  I plan on heading out there in late August or early September as well.

Yeah, should be a good time. Weather is supposed to be perfect, but we'll see...

Ryan M

A nice morning for some golf.

This might be a dumb question but what do your notations on the second and third line mean?  I'm guessing the "F" is for FIRs and "G" is for GIRs?  And the line below?  Just trying to see what other people do to keep track of their rounds.  Thanks!

Golf is hard.

Originally Posted by maddog0512

This might be a dumb question but what do your notations on the second and third line mean?  I'm guessing the "F" is for FIRs and "G" is for GIRs?  And the line below?  Just trying to see what other people do to keep track of their rounds.  Thanks!

Not dumb at all.  The numbers below are putts.  The "N" is when I miss an up and down and the "Y" is if I make up and down.

Nate

Not dumb at all.  The numbers below are putts.  The "N" is when I miss an up and down and the "Y" is if I make up and down.

Besides the N and Y, I use the same exact system. Haha.

Lately I've had a lot of Fs, and very very few Gs. :(

Ryan M

Besides the N and Y, I use the same exact system. Haha.

Lately I've had a lot of Fs, and very very few Gs. :(

You will get "G"iggy with it soon enough.  You have the right approach, skill set and are looking in the right place to get better.

Nate

You will get "G"iggy with it soon enough.  You have the right approach, skill set and are looking in the right place to get better.

I hope so. I've been "golfing" for a long time now. I'm 28 at the end of this month, and have been golfing since I was a little kid. But I'm self taught all the way, and have never really been shown how to play. Nor have I ever taken it seriously or actually tried to practice of make an effort to get better.

My short game, while sometimes shaky, borders on excellent on my good days...but no matter how good your short game is, when it takes you 4 shots to get close, you'll never score well.

Anyway, enough of the thread hijack...love the swing, congrats on the great score, and hopefully more of that is in the future...if you can shoot 36, you can shoot 35. ;)

Ryan M

Good stuff.  I'm going to use that when I play on Thursday.  Although, I'm predicting my numbers will be slightly higher

Golf is hard.

I hope so. I've been "golfing" for a long time now. I'm 28 at the end of this month, and have been golfing since I was a little kid. But I'm self taught all the way, and have never really been shown how to play. Nor have I ever taken it seriously or actually tried to practice of make an effort to get better.

My short game, while sometimes shaky, borders on excellent on my good days...but no matter how good your short game is, when it takes you 4 shots to get close, you'll never score well.

Anyway, enough of the thread hijack...love the swing, congrats on the great score, and hopefully more of that is in the future...if you can shoot 36, you can shoot 35. ;)

No worries.  I was a 15+ at age 30, played a few time a year.  I decided to start working on my game and see what I could do.  I will be turning 33 in august and my scheduled revision on the 15th of this month as of now is 3.9.  So it can be done even at stages later than most do it.  I also have not worked extremely hard on things until this year either.  I could have got to the place I am at faster had I signed up for evolvr sooner.  If you decide you want it, get the right help, I think you can become a very good player.

Nate

No worries.  I was a 15+ at age 30, played a few time a year.  I decided to start working on my game and see what I could do.  I will be turning 33 in august and my scheduled revision on the 15th of this month as of now is 3.9.  So it can be done even at stages later than most do it.  I also have not worked extremely hard on things until this year either.  I could have got to the place I am at faster had I signed up for evolvr sooner.  If you decide you want it, get the right help, I think you can become a very good player.

Thanks, I've already decided.

I have a 4 hour block booked with Erik on Saturday, and will sign up for Evolvr after I'm comfortable with the changes he'll have me make to my swing.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

Note: This thread is 912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!