IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher

Finally got some FO video this winter. I would be very happy to be anywhere close to the picture at this point. I will attach the video when I get to a computer. Had a few issues with low point and a few overdraws but most shots were solid and I am not concerned about it too much in 19 degree weather. Sorry the picture is not the greatest.

Nate

:tmade:(10.5) :pxg:(4W/7W) MIURA(3-PW) :mizuno:(50/54/60) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Finally got some FO video this winter. I would be very happy to be anywhere close to the picture at this point. I will attach the video when I get to a computer. Had a few issues with low point and a few overdraws but most shots were solid and I am not concerned about it too much in 19 degree weather. Sorry the picture is not the greatest.

It looks good! Cool!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It looks good! Cool!

Thanks Erik!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the video as promised.  Had a little wardrobe malfunction so I had to cut the FO finish a little short.  ;)  I was basically trying to see the changes that @mvmac and @iacas have been talking about with the back foot being flared out a bit too much before.  I also have a tendency to lose PP1 at A4 and so I was trying a slightly different PP1 feel that seems to be helping with that.  Club feels much more stable there.  So mainly just a couple set up things to help the swing.  As mentioned I wanted to get some FO A7 footage and I am happy where things are at with that.  I don't feel I have really regressed with that much if at all.

Pretty happy with FO A7.

Exit still looking a bit ugly to me, but I am not sure about this(this would make sense with still having a few overdraws here and there, but hey it was cold and I was not able to get the speed up enough).  Maybe better than before though.

OK...

:drool:

I cannot wait for the season to start!  I feel like Matt Foley stuck in the basement strung out on caffeine!

• Upvote 1

Nate

I cannot wait for the season to start!  I feel like Matt Foley stuck in the basement strung out on caffeine!

Can you explain this PP1 at A4?  What are you achieving with this?

Also, I agree. I have some serious cabin fever waiting for the golf season to start. On a side note a squirrel ran in front of my car today, that is a good sign :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
On a side note a squirrel ran in front of my car today, that is a good sign :dance:

That depends on how the story ends… :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can you explain this PP1 at A4?  What are you achieving with this?

Also, I agree. I have some serious cabin fever waiting for the golf season to start. On a side note a squirrel ran in front of my car today, that is a good sign

Basically I have a tendency at A4 for the crease of the right palm to loose pressure/separate from the shaft/left thumb. That is where you see especially in the older videos, where the club dips down that little extra amount.  I have tried to fell PP1 before with the right hand pushing on top of the left thumb. This is more of a pressure coming from the aft side of the shaft into the side of my left thumb and first three knuckles on the lead hand. It is basically just giving me a tighter feeling at A4 instead of a feeling of things being to loose and felling a loss of club head control.

The video is not the greatest but...

Nate

Video is set to private.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: Paradym 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
3 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Pinned RF

Video is set to private.

I know, I set it to private because it was just a crappy example of what I was talking about with the pressure point issue.

Nate

• Administrator

I know, I set it to private because it was just a crappy example of what I was talking about with the pressure point issue.

I thought it was fine.

I thought it was fine.

OK. @coachjimsc I made it public so you can see it if you like. It just is an attempt to show what I was trying to explain.

Nate

Good stuff Nathan.

Envious on how you get your left leg straight at A8. (Golf Clap)

Jim Morgan

• Administrator

It's what he's been working on for about half a year now. :) It's looking much better.

Good stuff Nathan.

Thanks Jim, but you are doing just fine.  You are getting it very quickly.  Just keep at.

The perspective is in how long I have been committed to this move. Like Erik is saying below:

It's what he's been working on for about half a year now. :) It's looking much better.

I can't remember who said this:  "Don't just practice something until you get it right, practice it until you cannot get it wrong."

Nate

It's what he's been working on for about half a year now. :) It's looking much better.

Excellent. Now I have something to shoot for...5 months and 2 weeks! ;-)

Or I'll have it by my next range session. :doh:

Jim Morgan

• Administrator

I can't remember who said this:  "Don't just practice something until you get it right, practice it until you cannot get it wrong."

You did, just now.

And I did awhile ago.

And someone else did before that. :)

You did, just now.

And I did awhile ago.

And someone else did before that. :)

Ah well, good quote anyway. :-D

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

This is from a number of months ago, but it has not changed and really bugs me. I don't like how flat I am with the driver and how I take it back too far. Or am I being overly picky about it being too flat?

Nate

This is from a number of months ago, but it has not changed and really bugs me. I don't like how flat I am with the driver and how I take it back too far. Or am I being overly picky about it being too flat?

Not sure if it is the same reference. Erik was having me see more of my right shoulder in between my left forearm and right arm. Since your right arm isn't retracted behind you, I think you are probably on the flatter side but acceptable. You aren't as flat as Matt Kutchar.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: