IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sounds good except the S55 lofts are the same as the i20/25's. No problem ordering the 9 iron with a weaker loft. You can always make the wedge a little stronger as well. I really like the 55's, actually think I hit them slightly better than the i25's. BTW you can customize the swing weight (you were talking about D0) in PING irons, that's what the weight port in the cavity is for. I go D3.

Yeah I need height anyway so I think the S55s are lower launching which may not help me...? I want to try them though. I did that with the i20s and customizing the weight in the port as well. The S300 shafts made them a heavier, but had them put lighter inserts in the ports to keep them at D0. I may go to to D1 with the next set. Not sure when that will be but I will try the latest "s" and "i" series out. My hybrid and 4w are D1 which I really like. The driver I have no idea. The Driveway is a D4 which feels heavy to me but I swing it fine.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So here is what I am thinking for my weekly schedule for this spring/summer. Usually I play nine holes each morning Mon-Fri. One of those rounds I do as a practice round with long irons(also a wedge and putter for around the greens) only.  I will probably give up another morning to work on the short game this year as my new course has a nice practice area and I need to actually work on it some this year.  Weather depending I may only play 2-3 nine hole early morning rounds per week then, and hopefully some more full rounds at the new home course throughout the year.

Nate

So here is what I am thinking for my weekly schedule for this spring/summer. Usually I play nine holes each morning Mon-Fri. One of those rounds I do as a practice round with long irons(also a wedge and putter for around the greens) only.  I will probably give up another morning to work on the short game this year as my new course has a nice practice area and I need to actually work on it some this year.  Weather depending I may only play 2-3 nine hole early morning rounds per week then, and hopefully some more full rounds at the new home course throughout the year.

That sounds good!  Do you always play alone?  or do you have a partner in crime?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

That sounds good!  Do you always play alone?  or do you have a partner in crime?

Yeah I play alone. Mainly because I really don't have a any partners in crime per se, and not many people want to get up and tee off at 5:30 either. To be honest, I kind of enjoy the quiet time in the morning. I will play more regular hours rounds this year at the new club so maybe I will meet some guys for other rounds. It is not likely though. A lot of my regular rounds other than in the morning are taking business clients out or playing with my brother or dad a few times per year.

This reminds me, that in the plan for the year I forgot to mention range time. The range by my office just opened up so I will be there a couple times per week during the noon hours practicing and filming evolvr lessons. I will probably only do one evolvr lesson a month this year for the most part. I like to really work on things slowly now as the changes are becoming more subtle. I will try and get some video to check where things are at next week.

I hit the range yesterday as we had a great day. I was really happy with how I hit everything from wedge to 4w. The driveway has been given a timeout right now, I am, trying to really dial in the 4w at the moment. The driver I started off killing it and then I started hitting hooks which was frustrating. I am continuing the never ending plight of trying to look for the right alignment and set-up with this ****ing club.  I hate it.

Nate

To be honest, I kind of enjoy the quiet time in the morning.

I am similar.  Many times I prefer to golf by myself.  It is a huge stress reliever.  Many times I play twilight from 4:00 until dark.  5 hours go by, and I realize I did not think about much else.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I am similar.  Many times I prefer to golf by myself.  It is a huge stress reliever.  Many times I play twilight from 4:00 until dark.  5 hours go by, and I realize I did not think about much else.

Yep, that is what I love about hunting as well.

Nate

Playing with one of my friends every morning is probably the root cause for me not going to the range much.

So, having a partner in crime is a blessing, but could be a *&% some other times!

I have to admit though it's fun always having someone to compete against!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Playing with one of my friends every morning is probably the root cause for me not going to the range much.

So, having a partner in crime is a blessing, but could be a *&% some other times!

I have to admit though it's fun always having someone to compete against!

Yeah I have to agree with you there. That is probably a big reason I have not been comfortable in competitive environments so far. To be honest I would love to have a partner in crime or two. But I am not one who likes a lot of friends just a couple good ones. Hard to make friends in Wisconsin as well when you are sober, people think you are strange. I should just move to Cali they would just think I am organic! :beer:

Nate

Trying to figure out why I am getting the occasional pull hook with the driver (maybe 7-8 balls of the 40 I hit). At least I am not getting the big push cut and the pull hooks this year like I was last year. I made a very subtle grip change in the right hand, that seems to have helped a bit in this session. These two shots were straight draws to slight pull draws, but not bad hooks. A decent right to left wind so they could even have be pretty straight. Something from time to time is happening that shuts down the face when I get the pull hook the start lines are obviously more to the left. My feet may look a bit closed here but if you look at the mat on the left side and consider the vanishing point they are pretty square.

Just tried to swing without much thought, and I still have the flat shoulders and the hips could be a bit better as well.  Those will probably help too if I can get them corrected.

Nate

Looks like your head is falling backwards as you go into impact. I believe this could cause your right shoulder to raise up too quickly, which could cause you to turn the clubface over.

Also, this is just before impact. It looks like your clubhead is starting to get neutral and made start to come back inside. Just looks like the driver is just a tad outside the swing path to hit a draw. So by the time you get to impact it might be more squarish to the line, or slightly from the outside-in.

Coupled, with your head moving away from the target in the backswing, could cause your pull hook if you get a neutral to outside-in swing path and the face shutting down.

I would say work on keeping that head steady in the downswing.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That swing looks very good. After watching your FO I see what I'm not doing. Your definitely getting a push off of the ground. I really like how balanced your swing is. Very good work bud.

Thanks @saevel25 , good stuff! Yeah I have always had issues with my head going back a bit like that. I know what you are saying about just before impact. What I actually like to see is a pretty straight shot or very slight push with a fall off to the right of just a few yards. That is my good shot. When I do that it goes into the woods in the background there. :-D

That swing looks very good. After watching your FO I see what I'm not doing. Your definitely getting a push off of the ground. I really like how balanced your swing is. Very good work bud.

Thanks. Basically I feel the pushing/loading into the ground in my backswing to a position to spring up in the downswing.

Nate

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Recorded some slower partial swings this morning with some new feels and I really like what I am seeing.  I will try and take it to the range today, get some video to see what is going on with a ball in front of the club.

Nate

Still struggling with the head dipping back.  Maybe not so much, but I can't tell.  It feels way different even if it is not much.  The hips look better and the right heel is off the ground more at impact and into the follow through.  Had a hard time getting any height on the ball at first.

Nate

• Administrator
It's better. It's only been about a day! :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's better. It's only been about a day! :-)

Yeah I should have it by now though... ;) I like it, feels better on the lower back too.

Nate

Note: This thread is 978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!