IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another plus is that I learned how to hit a 4W stinger with this feel.  I was not trying to and the only downside at first was that it was all that I could do. :-D

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I am not sure if I am onto something or if I am just on something. I hit the range this afternoon just with the intent of trying some different feels to see if I can tame this driver swing a bit. I was pretty frustrated after my round this morning and how things have been going lately on the range.  I went back to a lesson that James gave me about how the club head travels up the plane in the backswing. I always take the club back slightly below the downswing plane. I decided to try and feel it going back slightly above the plane.  I did not have one pull hook and only one slight pull.  Every shot had a nice little fade to it and the contact was some of the best I have made in a long time. Again I don't know if I should be doing this or not, but in working on the head not dipping back I have been feeling that there is something else missing as well. Not sure this is it, but maybe it is a start.

I did not take my good camera so I just had to shoot this from a bench with my cell phone.  I did not think I would figure anything out worth recording.

The difference is not this big, the camera on the right was on a bench which was lower so it is exaggerating the difference.

Contact was much better as well! This was after about 15 shots.

Nate

Quote:

Show off!!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

So your basically taking the club back more above plane or more on plane?

Not exactly sure. "FEELS" above plane, possibly actually is more on plane instead of under.

Show off!!!

Sorry. :-D Wanna see my pitching wedge? ;-)

Nate

[QUOTE name="Jakester23" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/468#post_973650"] So your basically taking the club back more above plane or more on plane?[/QUOTE] Not exactly sure. "FEELS" above plane, possibly actually is more on plane instead of under. [QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/468#post_973651"]   Show off!!! [/QUOTE] Sorry. :-D   Wanna see my pitching wedge? ;-)

Dime sized brown spot???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Dime sized brown spot???

On the hosel. :-D

Nate

Awesome.

Okay, time for the link: http://www.golfwrx.com/167927/impact-location-by-handicap/

According to this, you're somewhere between a pro and the scratch golfer.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awesome.

Okay, time for the link: http://www.golfwrx.com/167927/impact-location-by-handicap/

According to this, you're somewhere between a pro and the scratch golfer.

Well I am usually somewhere between the 5-10 handicap in that chart. I was just pretty happy because I pretty much hit some of the best and most consistent drives I have hit in a while with this feel.

I honestly have no idea if I should even be messing around with this swing thought, but so far it seems to be working.  I just hope I don't have my monkey badge taken away! ;-)

Nate

The difference is not this big, the camera on the right was on a bench which was lower so it is exaggerating the difference.

@cipher I am very impressed with this break through. I had a quick look at where your swing has come from and to get to that position you've achieved above right is a credit to you.

I appreciate the camera angles are different, but man, in all seriousness, the difference is huge. Well done, bottle those thoughts!!!!

@cipher I am very impressed with this break through. I had a quick look at where your swing has come from and to get to that position you've achieved above right is a credit to you. I appreciate the camera angles are different, but man, in all seriousness, the difference is huge. Well done, bottle those thoughts!!!!

Thanks, but to be honest I don't know what significant impact the change will have long term. I plan on getting some decent video tomorrow to see what is really going on.

Nate

• Administrator
Thanks, but to be honest I don't know what significant impact the change will have long term. I plan on getting some decent video tomorrow to see what is really going on.

Yes, thanks. As you know a backswing that's slow, stops for two seconds, and then swings without a ball can only tell us so much. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, thanks. As you know a backswing that's slow, stops for two seconds, and then swings without a ball can only tell us so much. :-)

Yes, the only reason I did it was to get a visual of what I "might" be doing differently.

Nate

I know this is a little off topic but didn't you say that the bomb tech still preformed well on off center hits? Don't you have to hit one off center to have that information?

I know this is a little off topic but didn't you say that the bomb tech still preformed well on off center hits? Don't you have to hit one off center to have that information?

:offtopic:

Nate

Here you go @Jakester23 I am back on earth.  I deserve this after getting too excited yesterday.  Hit a few good ones, but also a bunch of ****ing hooks, FML.

Here is the actual difference in the take away.

I hate the hooks, if there is one thing that makes me want to quit, is when I get the flipping hooks.

Ultimately I just need to find a way to get the hips and shoulders more open at impact.

Nate

Quote:

I hate the hooks, if there is one thing that makes me want to quit, is when I get the flipping hooks.

Ultimately I just need to find a way to get the hips and shoulders more open at impact.

I'm sure you're probably past this stage of development, but I found that putting my left (in your case right) elbow closer to my body (ribs) eliminated my hooks yesterday. I hit over 120 drives yesterday, and did that after about 40 drives. Hooks were instantly gone, and after about 40 to 50 more drives, got my distance back.

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!