IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an 18* Callaway utility prototype hybrid iron. I can bring it tomorrow and you can borrow it for as long as you want to see if you like it( I know youve hit the 3i).I replaced it with a hybrid.

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

@cipher, would you say it is more of a smother hook (dives down and does not go far) or gets out a decent ways and then hooks?

Not really sure. It maybe goes 200 yards max.

With the swing changes I have made lately, my driver miss is a hook.  Similar to what you are saying, except I don't think it even goes 200.  The thing is, I have also hit some of the best drives I have ever hit as well.  Last Saturday, I hit a handful of drives over 250.  That is extremely rare for me.  I also hit quite a few smother hooks in the 180-200 range.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

With the swing changes I have made lately, my driver miss is a hook.  Similar to what you are saying, except I don't think it even goes 200.  The thing is, I have also hit some of the best drives I have ever hit as well.  Last Saturday, I hit a handful of drives over 250.  That is extremely rare for me.  I also hit quite a few smother hooks in the 180-200 range.

Is this the mid western local name for a "duck hook"? Or is my definition of "duck hook" wrong? I figured the name came from "Duck!" as the golfer shouts for everyone to hit the deck. :-$

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Duck hook, or I like to call it a snap hook. Just because it describes the feeling better on the shot. A snap hook really does feel like the clubhead snaps over and gets the ball turning left fast.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I always thought it was because after a golfer hits it he says.. Ohh Snap! A hook! So it was called snap hook!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I like to call it a smother hook because it "feels" like it was smothered.  Ball goes straight for a little bit but then dives quickly down and hooks.  Very un-playable due to lack of distance.

I have also hit pretty decent hooks (in amount of curvature) that actually go out straight and high for a bit, but then turn to far.  Depending on what kind of terrain there is to the left, this shot can be playable.  Most of the time (for me) it will go pretty close to full distance.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I have a "word" for it on the course, it can usually be heard from a few holes away as well.

Nate

What letter does it start with?

You'll see.

Nate

So how did the range session go?

-Matt-

So how did the range session go?

Good. Hopefully the driver is starting to behave for me. @Jakester23 was bombing his driver out there. We got some good video for his thread as well. He is doing a good job with his feels and will keep at it. He will get there.

Nate

Thanks for all the help bud. I look like I know what Im doing now. :dance: Well kinda.

Thanks for all the help bud. I look like I know what Im doing now.  Well kinda.

Anytime.

Nate

Actually able to hit some fades with this setup.  Posture needs to be fixed though.

Feel: Keeping left armpit pressure point tight on downswing/follow-through, and feeling club path working more left while not extending too early.

Set-Up Changes: Set up more open, club face open.  Right hand grip more on top.

Results: Hit middle to slightly low on the face in the center with straight fades and push fades.  A bit shorter than normal.

Nate

Looks really good and balanced. I like the setup a lot. Keep it up and let me know how it goes bud.

Question for you. When you try to make these changes to your driver swing, does it mess with your iron swing at all?

-Matt-

Note: This thread is 969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!