IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why is long game so important?  Because when it goes to hell here is what happens to your scores.  37, 39, 40, 42, 44.  Three doubles this morning...wow.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome back baby draws I have missed you.  Gave up on vertical wrist hinge but am trying to feel more right wrist extension going back and helping the club head stay slightly above plane.  Back to quicker tempo as well, don't know why I swing better that way, but I do.  Will try and add more knee flex later.  Just feels nice to hit some solid shots again even with the long sticks.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Working on some right elbow stuff.  Kind of failed.  On the plus side I have been striking it well.

Nate

Gotta try and stop the backswing about here though. Geez it is crazy how fast my tempo seems to me in the recent video. Other than being laid off as usual and not loading well, it seems pretty smooth though for how fast it is. Not sure though?

Nate

Just wanted to check some driver numbers at lunch today.  Only made seven swings without warming up so it is a small sample size.  Pretty happy with the results though.  Last year I could barely hit 240-250 with roll.  Shot #1 was off the bottom of the club with a sweet launch angle.  Ha ha!  I always get a little nervous going on these things.  Shot #4 was just a bad swing hitting the ball off the toe.  These were just controlled smooth swings trying to put the ball in the fairway.  I was not trying to see what kind of club head speed I could get.  Other than the two bad ones the results were better than I expected actually.  It pretty much confirms what I was thinking about the new driver swing.

Of the 5 good swings here are the potential averages when making decent contact:

Club Speed: 96.8

Ball Speed: 140.4

Launch Angle: 14.6

Carry: 242.2

Total Distance: 268.40

Yards Offline(average one way or another): 10.06

Nate

Just an observation, taking into account it's just a couple of swings at lunch in your work shoes.

You're hitting it way too high for your ball speed and your backspin is too low. If the monitor is accurate (which is a big if) I would look at those numbers and say get the ball a couple inches further back in your stance, aim a bit more out to the right and see what happens.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

Just an observation, taking into account it's just a couple of swings at lunch in your work shoes.

You're hitting it way too high for your ball speed and your backspin is too low. If the monitor is accurate (which is a big if) I would look at those numbers and say get the ball a couple inches further back in your stance, aim a bit more out to the right and see what happens.

Yeah I don't know how accurate it is really but pretty much confirms the distances I have been measuring off on the course.  Why is that too high if you can let me know?  Trouble with the wind?

Nate

It's just an indication that you're probably adding some loft at impact. PGA Tour average -- if we use that as a sort of baseline for better-player efficiency -- is 32 yards total height at 167 mph ball speed (obviously the harder you hit it the higher it's going to go for any given launch angle). You're apexing at nearly 40 yards with around 140 mph ball speed.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

It's just an indication that you're probably adding some loft at impact. PGA Tour average -- if we use that as a sort of baseline for better-player efficiency -- is 32 yards total height at 167 mph ball speed (obviously the harder you hit it the higher it's going to go for any given launch angle). You're apexing at nearly 40 yards with around 140 mph ball speed.

Ok thanks Stretch.

Nate

Working on the right elbow into A4.  No reason I should not be able to get this in real time.  I think I am starting to get it too cooperate.

Nate

Getting better with the elbows.  Under plane again a bit it looks like, and right knee kicking out weirdly, but not too worried about that stuff right not.  The good news is the elbows are starting to cooperate.  I will work on this a bit more before my next upload.

Nate

I pretty much have it where I can get it for now.  Correcting the cupped left wrist at A4 and working on the elbows.

Nate

I can decide what I want to be when I grow up with the driver.  I generally open up just a bit and hit a straight or slight push fade.  Lately I have been pushing a few too many shots again.  Two tee shots(that and my putting is terrible) this morning were the difference between shooting a par round and the 39 I carded.  I have spent so much time on the iron swing lately and have neglected the driver swing a bit.  Went to the range today and hit nothing but driver.  I have been working on it a bit, but am I going to work on this shot below. Closed stance with a bit of a pull.  Hopefully I can find something that works consistently.  I feel like my iron game is moving forward enough to continue getting me closer to my goal the driver is holding me back.

edit: And apparently you can upload videos from your iphone to you tube in HD(well better anyway).  Who would have known.  Sorry for that bad quality of all the prior videos.  If you guys don't have the app splice, I highly recommend it for editing videos on your iphone if you don't want to load them onto a computer.

Nate

Swing looks good, but I don't think a pull is a good pattern for you.

I look at your body and you have solid draw alignments, but the face is open quite late and you really have to square it aggressively through the hitting area. With a tendency to leave the face open, setting up further right (which tends to get you swinging more right) just gives you the opportunity to hit even bigger pushes. Rather shift the baseline left (as you said) and try and bring your swing direction closer to the target line, minimizing the penalty for your "usual" miss. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Stretch.

Swing looks good, but I don't think a pull is a good pattern for you.

I look at your body and you have solid draw alignments, but the face is open quite late and you really have to square it aggressively through the hitting area. With a tendency to leave the face open, setting up further right (which tends to get you swinging more right) just gives you the opportunity to hit even bigger pushes. Rather shift the baseline left (as you said) and try and bring your swing direction closer to the target line, minimizing the penalty for your "usual" miss. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Thanks stretch.  I will not give up on it yet though.  My latest lesson is about this and I will be working on correcting it.   Essentially I take the club down more than I should and I want to feel more out going down.  I will try it again probably once I feel I have got the lesson.  For whatever reason I did not hit one single bad push though with draw alignments and the club face open late like this. When I align for a straight fade that is when the problems are surfacing.  In the bold above do you mean square up more to the target line and make the plane more vertical going back and coming down so it is not so much in to out?

" But that's just, like, my opinion, man"...sweeeeeeet!

Nate

Just working on some funny looking exaggerations, to get a feel based on my last lesson.

• Upvote 1

Nate

Good stuff. Goofy leads to Good!

At least your not doing slow motion mapping on the range with alignment sticks poking out of your pants! That's been getting some looks LOL.

Love the dead animal motif, very...rustic.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!