IGNORED

How many here are guilty of ever hitting into anyone?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 3833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive done it a few times.  Sometimes it was because people were on the other side of a hill and I simply didnt see them and other times it was because the group ahead was slow and I figured I would, "buzz their tower" and tell them to hurry up.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Ive done it a few times.  Sometimes it was because people were on the other side of a hill and I simply didnt see them and other times it was because the group ahead was slow and I figured I would, "buzz their tower" and tell them to hurry up.

This, along with this from the pants thread:

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

I agree that if a course allows jeans, you arent being disrespectful to your fellow players, the course or the game of golf. You just look like youre low-class. If you dont care, thats cool but dont get upset when people treat you like youre trash.

Have probably told me the most I need to know about one person on this forum in the fewest amount of words.

You are a piece of work.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This, along with this from the pants thread:

Have probably told me the most I need to know about one person on this forum in the fewest amount of words.

You are a piece of work.

Awwwww.... :cry:;-)

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

i find it very disturbing that some one would intentionally hit a golf ball at other golfers or maint. personal for that matter. If I or the pro ever found out about it you would have your membership or green fee revoked on the spot.

i find it very disturbing that some one would intentionally hit a golf ball at other golfers or maint. personal for that matter. If I or the pro ever found out about it you would have your membership or green fee revoked on the spot.

But if they're low class trash in jeans, don't you think they kind of deserve to be hit into?

Well I certainly hope you buzz the wrong person's tower someday.

I was on the golf course, I accidentally cut in front of this guy on hole 9, when i was just playing the back 9. I didn't know you were suppose to wait till they finished the hole, it was a my bad. It was the first time I ever had that situation. The guy didn't catch up to me till the last hole. Were he hit a drive over my head. Lets just say, we got into a verbal shouting match.I haven't gotten that pissed off in a long time. I can understand catching me in the parking lot to let me know I should have let him through, but to hit a drive over my head. It wasn't a hole were he couldn't see me. The tee box is 30 yards above the fairway, and I was in the middle of the fairway.

Also for those who always say, "I didn't think I could get it there", well apparently you can, so just wait. Now you know you can get a ball there, so I don't presume it should happen again. I would never want a golf ball traveling at 130-160 mph to hit me. I suspect no one wants that to happen to them, so why would you do that to someone else.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Guilty. Not on purpose, but still stupid on my part.

Once, on an approach, the group in front of me walked off the green and I hooked it right by them. I should have waited until they left the hole. Luckily, they were friends of mine from the course, so I just threw my hands up and they laughed at me.

The other time I remember was off a tee. The group ahead of us was playing a bit slow, and I was feeling impatient. One of the guys in my group asked, "Can you hit them from here?" I looked at where they were and decided no, so I hit it. One of them turned around at looked at us, and I asked my group, "What's his problem?" We get to my ball, turns out I hit it over them.

Needless to say, I wait now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

??? what does that have to do with hitting into anyone?

He's referring to a comment I made in another thread stating that jeans on the golf course are low-class.  Apparently Im not allowed to share my opinion without someone getting all bent out of shape about it.

I did it about 3 months ago.  Was about 210 out w/ a lie well above my feet in the right rough.  I consider my 4i my 180 or so club.  I was going to lay up anyway, so I went ahead and hit.  In retrospect, 30 yards probably isn't enough of a buffer.  But of course I hit the best one ever and roll it up to the heels of the guys standing around the hole.  I immediately ran up to apologize to them.  When I got there they forgave me instantly and told me great shot.  I felt terrible - lesson learned.

Probably to date the best approach I've ever hit and haven't been able to duplicate anything close to it on that hole since.

This, along with this from the pants thread: Have probably told me the most I need to know about one person on this forum in the fewest amount of words. You are a piece of work.

Yep. Interesting. Wearing jeans, even when doing so is accepted by the course, is considered "low class trash", but intentionally hitting a ball into someone to speed them along is acceptable. That's a perspective you don't see every day! Thankfully..... :-\

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
Apparently Im not allowed to share my opinion without someone getting all bent out of shape about it.

So if you share your opinion that women are trash and should stay at home and cook and clean all day and never have a career of their own, you would expect that nobody gets "bent out of shape about it"?

Of course not. So… back to the topic at hand.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In no way am I saying not to voice your opinion, but you are a complete and utter idiot for even thinking about doing this, let alone doing it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

- Mark Twain

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

He's referring to a comment I made in another thread stating that jeans on the golf course are low-class.  Apparently Im not allowed to share my opinion without someone getting all bent out of shape about it.

This is that political pundit trick of implying that when somebody who calls a stupid opinion, stupid, it means they're trying to get rid of your freedom to have an opinion, versus the reality that they're simply trying to get rid of the stupid.

Not that your opinion is stupid, or anything.  But if it were...get rid of the stupid. ;-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!