IGNORED

Other than Tiger, who else is a lock to play well at The Masters ?

MGNJ88
Note: This thread is 4027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger has to be the favorite and Phil always steps up his game at Augusta.  Given the way Rory and Bubba are playing I doubt they will be anywhere near the top.  I can see Bradley contending too though I think the pressure is getting to him.  It seems his OCD pre-shot routines are getting worse every time I see him.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see someone other than Tiger (Rory, Mahan, or Phil) but can u really bet against Tiger right now? Do you guys remember 4 or 5 years ago when it was even money for Tiger vs the field? Tiger looks like he's in that same form. That being said I still can't stand Tiger...

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Tiger has to be the favorite and Phil always steps up his game at Augusta.  Given the way Rory and Bubba are playing I doubt they will be anywhere near the top.  I can see Bradley contending too though I think the pressure is getting to him.  It seems his OCD pre-shot routines are getting worse every time I see him.

I believe Rory has a shot to get things turned around by then (and I mean contend, not just finish in the top 15), but obviously he hasn't given us much reason to expect it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I believe Rory has a shot to get things turned around by then (and I mean contend, not just finish in the top 15), but obviously he hasn't given us much reason to expect it.

Like the T-86 he's currently sitting on in Houston?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Graeme McDowell will have his best Masters I think two of the South Africans will finish front page leaderboard: Schwartzel and Oosthuizen Dark horses: one of the Swedes either Hanson and (if he qualifies currently #53 owgr) Henrik Stenson

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by uttexas

Graeme McDowell will have his best Masters

I think two of the South Africans will finish front page leaderboard: Schwartzel and Oosthuizen

Dark horses: one of the Swedes either Hanson and (if he qualifies currently #53 owgr) Henrik Stenson

I think Graeme is a good choice as well, I think he has the game mentally and physically to deal with the pressure of Augusta

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Ugh I hope Schwartzel finishes last, such a schmuck. I would love to see GMac and Louis do well though.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by k-troop

Like the T-86 he's currently sitting on in Houston?

Yeah, I was well aware of his current standing when I posted that.

I'm also gonna predict that DJ does well.  No rhyme or reason for it though.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Bird E3

No Oosthuizen yet. I know he's having a tough start, but I think he will be in the top 5.

Yep,so close last year and I think his style fits this course.

Originally Posted by loadwire

I fancy Keegan Bradley to do well, playing well of late and certainly has the game for Augusta.

I second this thought.  Dude has one major under his belt... He makes clutch putts, and has been getting top 10's so far this year.  I think with the work he has put in, learning the course under Phil's tutelage (per Twitter he's played practice rounds there with Phil for the last several years).  I could definitely see him getting a green jacket.  And then long putter debate will be rekindled.

Now it looks like Rory has decided to play Valero (San Antonio) next week to continue to work on his game before the Masters.

--------

San Antonio, TX –Rory McIlroy, who held the No.1 ranking in the world for much of last year and until last week, committed this afternoon to compete in next week’s Valero Texas Open.

McIlroy, who is competing at the Shell Houston Open this week, is entered into the Valero Texas Open for the first time and will be the highest ranked player in the field. He is currently No.2.

McIlroy has accumulated six PGA TOUR titles, including the 2011 U.S. Open and 2012 PGA Championship, since turning professional six years ago.

http://www.valerotexasopen.org/2013/03/rory-mcilroy-commits-to-valero-texas-open/

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Now it looks like Rory has decided to play Valero (San Antonio) next week to continue to work on his game before the Masters.

--------

San Antonio, TX–Rory McIlroy, who held the No.1 ranking in the world for much of last year and until last week, committed this afternoon to compete in next week’s Valero Texas Open.

McIlroy, who is competing at the Shell Houston Open this week, is entered into the Valero Texas Open for the first time and will be the highest ranked player in the field. He is currently No.2.

McIlroy has accumulated six PGA TOUR titles, including the 2011 U.S. Open and 2012 PGA Championship, since turning professional six years ago.

http://www.valerotexasopen.org/2013/03/rory-mcilroy-commits-to-valero-texas-open/

Good decision.  I'm pretty sure he made the cut, but his game isn't looking close to being ready for Augusta.  Maybe another week to work out the swings issues and get used to the new clubs will help.

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...
Is Hoffman in?

Nope: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Masters_Tournament

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!