IGNORED

sergio garcia withdraws in arnold

golf55
Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How could it possibly surprise you? He's been guilty of this stuff for years, time and time again.

I give him a bit of a pass in this case though, because it's close to Augusta and the tournament ran longer than scheduled. He did attempt to play today and no one wanted to stay till Monday. It's fine because Arnie should call him out for disrespecting him, which is the worst thing that can happen to a golfer's reputation. Plus it's invite only, so I sincerely hope he gets left out next year for this stunt.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guess it was that 9 he scored today that took the wind out of his sails...

he followed it with a 2.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by golf55

All he had to do was play on monday to collect his prize money. withdrew cause he was tired.

would you happen to have a link to your source on this information? I was wondering if jumping out of the tree caused an injury

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

would you happen to have a link to your source on this information?

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9093066/sergio-garcia-hits-shot-tree-later-wds-pga-tour-arnold-palmer-invitational

" McGirt said when they climbed into a van to be taken back to the clubhouse, Garcia handed him the scorecard and said, "I'm out of here."

He officially withdrew.

Garcia had said earlier in the week that he was low on energy and enthusiasm and "I just want to go home." He plans to return at the Masters ."

Colin P.

Anybody else notice how sergio is always exchanging words with somebody in the crowd?He done it last week and I remember it happended last yr in the fed ex playoffs that was in new york where he was exchanging heated words with the spectators.He also hit on the group in front of him last week.That group was the ausie chambers.Chambers was making his putting stroke when the ball landed in a greenside bunker 10-15 yards behind him.

They just showed him hitting a ball out of a tree.It was atleast 10 ft high.he climbed to top and hit it out sideways to get back in fairway .He hit it with his back to the fairway..It was hilarious!

When he first joined the Tour Sergio seemed very energetic and great with the crowd.  These days, he seems like a grumpy old man, angry at the world because he didn't live up to his hype or potential.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

When he first joined the Tour Sergio seemed very energetic and great with the crowd.  These days, he seems like a grumpy old man, angry at the world because he didn't live up to his hype or potential.

i can see that...but i also think that golf isnt his main priority in life...or at least its not what gives him the most joy.  it seems like more of his job than his passion.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

i can see that...but i also think that golf isnt his main priority in life...or at least its not what gives him the most joy.  it seems like more of his job than his passion.

I think sergio is the biggest womanizer in the tour. Just not talked about but he gets with plenty of girls. I'm starting to think he dislike playing guess it really doesn't matter since adidas already threw couple mills at him.

Originally Posted by golf55

I think sergio is the biggest womanizer in the tour. Just not talked about but he gets with plenty of girls. I'm starting to think he dislike playing guess it really doesn't matter since adidas already threw couple mills at him.

How in the world do you know this stuff (he gets plenty of girls)?  The guy went 10 feet up in a tree to hit a ball. He just competed in several tournaments - I haven't looked, but it looks like his schedule is much more grueling than Lefty, TW, or Rory.

How in the world do you know this stuff (he gets plenty of girls)?  The guy went 10 feet up in a tree to hit a ball. He just competed in several tournaments - I haven't looked, but it looks like his schedule is much more grueling than Lefty, TW, or Rory.

I think he does a lot because he feels he has to. I could be completely mistaken...

Colin P.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I had high hopes for Sergio and the potential competition he posed to TW.  Unfortunately, the swing changes, the god awful pre-shot waggle and continued putting woes seems to have taken his enjoyment out of the game.  If this isn't the case, his body language suggest otherwise.  He has never hid his contempt for TW or TW's fame and fortune.  Problem is, Sergio wasn't golfer enough to back up his tuff words.  I think his feelings towards Tiger are why Sergio takes the Ryder Cup so seriously.  Sergio does have a good Ryder Cup record (16-8-4) which is much better than TW's 13-14-2.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!