Jump to content
nevets88

My Swing (nevets88)

852 posts / 89776 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Pitching? That's for shorter distance shots, not shorter… distances to the net, no?

Yea, you’re right. I just looked at my settings on the app, it’s on indoors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Pitching? That's for shorter distance shots, not shorter… distances to the net, no?

Yes, I need just use it and see if it works with my setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Yes, I need just use it and see if it works with my setup.

I did notice a bit of variation with respect to how far back the MEVO was placed. I did a 7 foot session and my 7 iron was going 140ish. I moved it up to 6 feet, and it increased to 145. I didn’t test 5 feet. Erik’s review got the most accurate results with driver at 7 feet. But that was outdoors or maybe in Golf Evolution where the net is pretty far away. My net is only 7 feet away.

So for now, with my net, I am really only focusing on launch angle, spin and smash factor. Smash tells if it was a good hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I did notice a bit of variation with respect to how far back the MEVO was placed. I did a 7 foot session and my 7 iron was going 140ish. I moved it up to 6 feet, and it increased to 145. I didn’t test 5 feet. Erik’s review got the most accurate results with driver at 7 feet. But that was outdoors or maybe in Golf Evolution where the net is pretty far away. My net is only 7 feet away.

So for now, with my net, I am really only focusing on launch angle, spin and smash factor. Smash tells if it was a good hit.

The net is portable, I guess I could find a nearby field and set up the net and get some more distance between net and ball.

Man, I should have set up this net a long time ago. It is really nice just walking right up to a hitting station, no driving, no traffic. It was literally sitting in storage still in the box for over a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The net is portable, I guess I could find a nearby field and set up the net and get some more distance between net and ball.

Man, I should have set up this net a long time ago. It is really nice just walking right up to a hitting station, no driving, no traffic. It was literally sitting in storage still in the box for over a year.

It can’t be too far away if you want to hit wedges. I can’t hit above my gap wedge on my set up. They launch too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't like swing right now, hands exiting too left, low, only have myself to blame for not practicing much. Looked at old video and like these swings better post impact although coming in from inside a lot, will try and get back to these swings. Will use the alignment sticks more during practice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Starting to feel more comfortable with swing. A little scrunched up at 4, not stretched out, but through impact better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Finally swung a driver, first swings since March. Very rotational, standing up, not staying in inclination let alone "covering", getting down to ball, but it's a start. The tree on the left is a little in my head as well. The noise is pretty loud, not really comfortable with swinging too many drivers, a lot of neighbors around me.

5 iron, a more comfortable club to be swinging. I think I've gotten back to where I was in March, will start working on more weight forward and turn, plus more staying in inclination for the driver.

I can go to an outdoor range, there's one open in Long Island, not comfortable with going there yet.

Last swings I made in March before everything shutdown.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Left hand started getting real cuppy around post impact, throw in a little chicken wing, so thumbs towards target around A7.5, arms straight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Things got busy and also really sucked at golf coming back so took a break. Regular pro moved to NY and is 30 minutes away nice not to have to block off half a day to go way out to Jersey, just be done in under 2 hours. Took one lesson about a month ago and worked on stuff myself. Key #4. Staying in inclination. Not letting arms getting out in front of me. A6 - A7 keep clubhead from going too out towards ball.

A tale of two swings. Barely got toe on ball and huge shank, lol. Still figuring out path control, but better awareness.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Paid so much attention working on stuff from last lesson, short stretch cycle, covering the ball, focused on DTL view, didn't notice trail shoulder was going too far forward plus arms not straightening post impact. Basically added making whoopie to the giraffe and bracing while extending arms to target. 9, 6, 4, Driver. Doing this with 4I and longer is not easy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...