nevets88

My Swing (nevets88)

852 posts / 89691 viewsLast Reply

After a lot of videoing on course and reviewing, narrowed it down to 2 major swing faults.

First one is across the line at A4, top of backswing, wrist is cupped, too much external rotation, pull down the arms. Basically, the ball ends up right but usually something not good. The good news if identified, can fix it right away, the feeling is more internal rotation and lead wrist flex before getting to A4 but "turning into lead shoulder" otherwise drop the arms and chunk it. When trying for more club head speed, this problem is exacerbated, transition is chaotic, so working on that.

Bad transition

Fixed, next swing, maybe a little too much lead flex and shallow?

Second fault is shifting plane out to ball and hit towards heel or heel, fix so far is more "cover", hit the toe, keep right elbow closer to body on downswing. Will post details later.

Also videoing short game shots and learning tendencies as well. Wish I started videoing course shots earlier.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is the closest the course swing has matched the range swing. Hole was 425, cut the dogleg a little, 150 left to pin, center of fairway. Still hate the right knee kicking out and hip going towards ball around A7. One of the rare occasions where I turned the brain off and coming off the face, it felt like it wasn't going to go very far, but carried the bunker, no problemo. Bethpage Yellow #13. When you put the camera far back, less chance to screw up the angle.

Backswing around the green has always been too long, too much hinge. Have been working on making it more compact. This chip went too long, but the backswing is much improved. Tempo is a little quick, snatchy, will work on making it more smooth.

Wow, it looks pretty crowded. Not much room to dive down into your angles at transition. It looks like you have to hang back on your heels and stand up to get out of the way of the club coming down.

Trying to keep left butt cheek on "wall" behind me.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:59 PM, virtuoso said:

Wow, it looks pretty crowded. Not much room to dive down into your angles at transition. It looks like you have to hang back on your heels and stand up to get out of the way of the club coming down.

Yeah, my hands were not deep at top of backswing. One of the pieces my pro has me working on is more weight forward.

I noticed I’ve been pulling the hands left, across the body maybe, post impact, tried keeping the body steep and turning to the left side fully, while making the arms go “out” to first base and key #4 looks better. More in to out, fewer out to in toe hits