IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

59 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Same thing as above, more right side bend, flex lead wrist, "fall behind" at 4. The good news is that I haven't hit really bad shanks in awhile. Heel? Yes. Ball mark on shaft? No.

I’ve been working a lot lately on setup and getting center-face contact. I’ve used a dry erase marker and fitting paper. I learned as I made changes over the winter, my former distance from the ball was off. Lots of toe hits. So I’ve made adjustments. I recommend trying that for a few swings every practice or so.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve been working a lot lately on setup and getting center-face contact. I’ve used a dry erase marker and fitting paper. I learned as I made changes over the winter, my former distance from the ball was off. Lots of toe hits. So I’ve made adjustments. I recommend trying that for a few swings every practice or so.

Yep, I use dry erase as well. Haven't figured out what to use for wet conditions though.

Also with high speed video, you can tell by how the face deflects whether you hit it on the heel or toe. It's more obvious with driver but you can tell with irons as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

In the last couple of videos here, the face is pretty darn shut going to A2, kind of ignored it for awhile, but decided to "fix" it along with the stuff my instructor gave me. There's some fanning of the face open going on, will try and calm it down. Could do better with turning into left shoulder at A4 here, a little whippy in to out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Got a smart ball. Well, the Tourstriker one was sold out, wait until July, so I got a knock off on Amazon in the meanwhile - you have it inflate it and it looks flimsy, but should hold up until the Tourstriker comes. My lead elbow can get very chicken wing-y post A8 and I liked how in videos demonstrating it, the arms move with the torso. I tend to let the arms swing across the body too much post impact, instead of staying in front of body.

Cold topped the first I dunno, 4 balls using it. It really forces me to get down to the ball. And it does help sync up my arms and torso post impact. It also turns out to be an anti-shank aid, tending to hit everything towards the toe. At least it's the honeymoon stage now so we'll see about the shanks. I like the swings I'm seeing after I use the aid. Using it with the driver too and very helpful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

A progression.

Hands going out too fast. 

Overdid the shallowing bit?

I think this is more ideal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Overdoing the hip slide too much lately, not really sure what to do, tried back to target a little longer, also less weight forward at A4. Last three swings of the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Overdoing the hip slide too much lately, not really sure what to do, tried back to target a little longer, also less weight forward at A4. Last three swings of the day.

I widened my stance a small amount to help with this. You are not EE. Post a face on if you can too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I widened my stance a small amount to help with this. You are not EE. Post a face on if you can too.

Here's one where my hands are lagging behind the turn. Not sure why, too much right tilt, hips going too early.

Here's attempted fix.

I dunno, I think I need more hump the giraffe, hands more in front of me and higher at the finish?

I just look so inflexible and old man, well, I guess I'm an old man. Wish I could swing more limberly.

Steve

• Administrator

I will take a look later if you want.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I will take a look later if you want.

Yes please thank you!

Steve

• Administrator

First attempt Erik, slowed it down and not exactly turning as hard. Also tried the feel of tilting my head towards the target at 4. The regrip to strong I tried turning the club head closed to counter it, dunno if that's a good way of countering the regrip.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks, I should do that drill, god knows I need to be more fluid.

Steve

• Administrator

Yeah, I was going to recommend any days from my 30 day plan that mentioned flow or pressure or weight.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Dialed down the regrip to strong and head translating back a little bit. Noticed a little across the line and extended wrist on DTL view so adjusted. Also did a lot of the step drill, the first one in Erik's flow video.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Dialed down the regrip to strong and head translating back a little bit. Noticed a little across the line and extended wrist on DTL view so adjusted. Also did a lot of the step drill, the first one in Erik's flow video.

It probably wouldn’t hurt to film the drill and post it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

11 hours ago, billchao said:

It probably wouldn’t hurt to film the drill and post it.

This^ @nevets88.

Scott

My Swing Thread