IGNORED

'Not good enough' for MP 53's?

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ditto!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iHack

Protrader- I have never responded to a thread before but this is absurd.  Protrader you sound delusional.  If you could play with blades you would know what shaft was right for you, you wouldnt have to guess.    You want the blades for when you hit that pure shot..any club hit pure will give you that tingly feeling.  You don't need a blade for that.  There is so much to say that I will not waste my time on.  Bottom line if you felt confident in your ability to buy these clubs you would have purchased them already. Instead you go in the store ***** footing around waiting for the right fitter to say "awesome swing you should really get these clubs.  Did you take lessons?"  Where you will then respond, "thanks no I never took lessons only started playing again about a year ago and felt it was time to step up to the blade."  Your questioning yourself about these clubs and you were upset when someone confirmed these are not for you.  I play the JPX pro love them they have the forged feel, allow me to shape shot with a good swing.  My 5 travels a true 200 yrds  however on the occasion I misswing; on that long par three over a hazard I still get a good 150 yrds of carry, allowing me to chip up and worse walk away with a boge. The blade is doing nothing like that for me I miss hit that I'm re-teeing.  I would be pissed I owned a club that looked great in the bag, looked good in my hand, & thats where the good and greats ended.

In conclusion,  a club will not create a good golf swing, practice and lessons will. You should develop a more consistant swing to allow yourself hours of endless fun with your blades.  To achieve this result you should take half the money you were about to spend on these blades and get lessons.  Visit this coach every two weeks until the $500 runs out.  In between lessons spend 20min on the range at least 3 days a week working on what your swing coach tells you.  Get good 9-18 holes played then hit the range to work on your swing.  You'll have a better idea what to work on after 18 holes then before them.  Once your consistenly hitting that purty push draw buy a used blade on ebay and go to the range with it.  Hit that consistantly, At that point you realize you will never become great unless you own blades because all these other clubs are just masking your swing flaws.  Walk into dick with confidence that when you step up to that swing monitor you will hit your purty push draw 3 times over.  When a golfer has a good swing there is no stage fright.  It's fun to swing in front of people. After the sales person is impressed and can't help but throw these forged blades into your bag, you can thank him/her for his/her time and walk out of there with a confident purchase.  With these blades in the bag you will strike fear into the hearts of those unlucky enough to get paired with you in your local tournaments.  It's either this or buy the blades now, while still haveing a 40 yard dispparitty with the same club & be forever known in your small town tournaments as THE HACK WITH THE NICE BLADES.

THE END

i did a tiger fist pump after reading this.  why is he not a FORUM LEADER yet???

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

i did a tiger fist pump after reading this.  why is he not a FORUM LEADER yet???

Too timid and soft spoken?

Mike

I have a friend who owned a set of 59's and while we both agreed they are a fanatic club and they look amazing he could not play them. He struggled with those sticks for 6 months. Last week he got to the end of his rope and he asked me to take them out for a round. He wanted to trade me for my i20's so I did. That was one of the hardest clubs I have ever hit. I am an 8 handicap and am no way a good player, but I figured I could get around the course. After a painful day I still managed to shoot an 83 and told him sorry I cannot trade that club scares the crap out of me. After he got over his depression we went to golfsmith and got him into a set of jpx 825's. and after only one round he beat his personal best score by 4 shots and his best score with the 58's by 10.

Originally Posted by Jazzfan

I have a friend who owned a set of 59's and while we both agreed they are a fanatic club and they look amazing he could not play them. He struggled with those sticks for 6 months. Last week he got to the end of his rope and he asked me to take them out for a round. He wanted to trade me for my i20's so I did. That was one of the hardest clubs I have ever hit. I am an 8 handicap and am no way a good player, but I figured I could get around the course. After a painful day I still managed to shoot an 83 and told him sorry I cannot trade that club scares the crap out of me. After he got over his depression we went to golfsmith and got him into a set of jpx 825's. and after only one round he beat his personal best score by 4 shots and his best score with the 58's by 10.

So you are recommending practice with the most difficult irons a person can stand and playing with the most forgiving they can stand?  The fact that your friend dropped 4 strokes off his personal best immediately would seem like a pretty convincing argument on the surface at least.

I've seen quit a few posts where people get one or two clubs explicitly for that purpose, just to use at the range.  Never tried it myself but maybe that idea does have merit.

This is a crazy thread I'm not 100% sure if the discussion is 58, 59, or 53 ... not that it matters much in terms of overall context but it is confusing.

Mike

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!