IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Originally Posted by Pakoh

MvMac is Hannible

Golf Swine as Mr T

BMartin as Face

And that leaves me with Murdock.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bmartin461

I love it when a plan comes together!

MvMac is Hannible

Golf Swine as Mr T

BMartin as Face

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

MvMac is Hannible

Golf Swine as Mr T

BMartin as Face

I pity the fools....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Which of you is Mr T?

MvMac is Hannible

Golf Swine as Mr T

BMartin as Face

Those of you who haven't met Golfswine yet will easily understand why he fits as B.A. Baracus once you see him.  Let's just say he's not somebody you want to mess with! ;)

Here is a pic of the cart GPS while its sitting right near the back of the blue tee box of hole 15. I either remembered it wrong or the last time I played there the tees were one box back. However, notice that those numbers apply if you aim considerably left of the bunker (which is where the aiming stick is.). If you aim at the stick then it is 200 (at least) :)

Here is a pic of the cart GPS while its sitting right near the back of the blue tee box of hole 15. I either remembered it wrong or the last time I played there the tees were one box back.

This is really styling. You guys pick really nice golf courses. Can we have an outing every month?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Good news... I have a buddy who wants to come so that puts us back to 20 golfers; which gives us 5 foursomes.

This means that all the groups will play with 80% of their course handicap and have one throwout score on every hole.

Here are the revised groups:

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Good news... I have a buddy who wants to come so that puts us back to 20 golfers; which gives us 5 foursomes.

This means that all the groups will play with 80% of their course handicap and have one throwout score on every hole.

Here are the revised groups:

Awesome, should be fun!  Go "B" team!!!!!

Are we good with these (I'm assuming) June 1 handicaps, or should we update everybody to their June 15 caps when they come around on Sunday???

In for what ever you all decide but the IE will be a bit warm and stuffy....like some in group 1!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

In for what ever you all decide but the IE will be a bit warm and stuffy....like some in group 1!

We aren't playing in IE. We're playing at Talega. You need directions or an address?

Originally Posted by hacker101

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

We aren't playing in IE. We're playing at Talega. You need directions or an address?

Yeah, just want to make sure that nobody gets lost on their way to the course Sunday.  Talega is in San Clemente, not the Inland Empire.  And here is the contact info, in case anybody wants to map it out:

Talega Golf Club

990 Avenida Talega

San Clemente, CA 92673
(949) 369-6226

www.talegagolfclub.com

I know I thought the discussion was for next outting and wanted to give you all a hard time in the process. ha-ha.

We will be there looking forward to a great day of golf and finally meeting you all.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

I know I thought the discussion was for next outting and wanted to give you all a hard time in the process. ha-ha.

We will be there looking forward to a great day of golf and finally meeting you all.

OK, good ... just wanted to make sure that everybody was on the same page.  It's gonna be fun, and I'd hate for somebody to miss it for something silly. :)

I checked with the restaurant at Talega, for those of you who are interested in breakfast, and they are not open in the morning before we tee off, however, they have a "breakfast on the go" thing that they tell me is available starting at 6:30.  The menu consists of a Breakfast bacon burrito or breakfast bacon biscuit for $5, or oatmeal, cereal, or a parfait for $4.

Sounds like maybe you'll be better off at IHOP or Denny's or McDonalds on the way in.

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!