IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I checked with the restaurant at Talega, for those of you who are interested in breakfast, and they are not open in the morning before we tee off, however, they have a "breakfast on the go" thing that they tell me is available starting at 6:30.  The menu consists of a Breakfast bacon burrito or breakfast bacon biscuit for $5, or oatmeal, cereal, or a parfait for $4.

Sounds like maybe you'll be better off at IHOP or Denny's or McDonalds on the way in.

Yeah, what will we do without our runny french toast???

Denny's meetup anyone? https://maps.google.com/maps?safe=off&ie;=UTF-8&q;=dennys+san+clemente&fb;=1≷=us&hq;=dennys&hnear;=0x80dcf45b5929569f:0x3a26054814cc7bbf,San+Clemente,+CA&ei;=tZu7UaCEBYPW8gTRt4GIDA&ved;=0CJwBELYD

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jefkve

Denny's meetup anyone? https://maps.google.com/maps?safe=off&ie;=UTF-8&q;=dennys+san+clemente&fb;=1≷=us&hq;=dennys&hnear;=0x80dcf45b5929569f:0x3a26054814cc7bbf,San+Clemente,+CA&ei;=tZu7UaCEBYPW8gTRt4GIDA&ved;=0CJwBELYD

LOL ... that is right across the street from my office, and when I zoom into street view I can see that I was at work when they mapped it because my car is right there in the parking lot. :)

EDIT:  And if you prefer IHOP, it's straight up Pico towards the course ... as is McDonalds, Carls Jr, Starbucks, and probably a few other places I am not thinking of right now.

I checked with the restaurant at Talega, for those of you who are interested in breakfast, and they are not open in the morning before we tee off, however, they have a "breakfast on the go" thing that they tell me is available starting at 6:30.  The menu consists of a Breakfast bacon burrito or breakfast bacon biscuit for $5, or oatmeal, cereal, or a parfait for $4.

Sounds like maybe you'll be better off at IHOP or Denny's or McDonalds on the way in.

Originally Posted by jefkve

I'll probably be stopping by IHOP before I get to the course, then.  There probably aren't any places nearby that serve grits, I'm assuming?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'll probably be stopping by IHOP before I get to the course, then.  There probably aren't any places nearby that serve grits, I'm assuming?

Really wish we had Cracker Barrel out here cuz I love that place ... But we don't and I don't know of any other places that might serve them either. :(

I am not familiar with the exact area, But there is a place listed in this website in San Clemente open at 6:30am 7 days. http://www.breakfastorangecounty.com/ However, my son and I will probably pick up the breakfast hamburger at Carl's Junior on the way down. It's hard to wake him up this early on Sundays. Look forward to seeing you at the course. Go E team, at least we are another vowel team.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

I am not familiar with the exact area, But there is a place listed in this website in San Clemente open at 6:30am 7 days.

http://www.breakfastorangecounty.com/

However, my son and I will probably pick up the breakfast hamburger at Carl's Junior on the way down. It's hard to wake him up this early on Sundays.

Look forward to seeing you at the course.

Go E team, at least we are another vowel team.

Palizada is a couple of exits further down for those of you/us coming from the north, but, hot damn, those peanut butter pancakes look f***ing delicious!!!!!!!

For Carls Jr (or IHOP) just exit at Pico and head inland.  Both are right next to each other in the Lowe's shopping center on your left about a mile and a half in from the freeway.  After you eat, get back on Pico, continue inland (I'd say east, but I think it's actually north, believe it or not) to Vista Hermosa and make a left, then another left on Avenida Talega.  Left again at the stop sign and then left again into the parking lot for the course.

See ya'll in a week!!!

Palizada is a couple of exits further down for those of you/us coming from the north, but, hot damn, those peanut butter pancakes look f***ing delicious!!!!!!!

That Breakfast Orange County does look good, I'm fine with that.  I'll be there or IHOP around 6:45.  Whatever works best for you guys.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

That Breakfast Orange County does look good, I'm fine with that.  I'll be there or IHOP around 6:45.  Whatever works best for you guys.

Yeah I was thinking about trying the Breakfast Orange County place.  If other folks plan on meeting up for breakfast I'll gladly go where the group wants to.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Gents,

In light of the upcoming event at Talega, I am presented with an unusual problem.  I recently decided to change out my previous irons for a more "player/friendly" model, considering recent changes to family size (2 children in the past 26 months) and a very busy work schedule.

I received my new set last week, only to discover that they are a horrible fit for me and my game (Callaway X-Hot Pro with PXi95 shafts...the shafts are way too light, and are unplayable).  I spent my Father's Day morning this AM at Roger Dunn in Santa Ana, and initiated an order for a replacement set of clubs...but I have no idea if they will be ready for this next weekend.

I confess, my schedule has been ridiculous of late, and I made this move without giving any thought to the So Cal event.  I feel like a total d*ckhead now that I have seen the thread and how many of you guys are all set up and committed.  I am hopeful that my new sticks will arrive by Friday (Mizuno ships quickly, or so I'm told), but am concerned about what I might do in the meantime if I am without proper equipment.

I will PM Tristan tonight, and will do what I can to try and make this right.  Please feel free to heckle me as you see fit.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

All, Its looks as though I'm not going to be able to make it out Sunday...Just found out and am super bummed to bail at the last minute....Was looking forward to another shot at high score :p

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by carrx

Gents,

In light of the upcoming event at Talega, I am presented with an unusual problem.  I recently decided to change out my previous irons for a more "player/friendly" model, considering recent changes to family size (2 children in the past 26 months) and a very busy work schedule.

I received my new set last week, only to discover that they are a horrible fit for me and my game (Callaway X-Hot Pro with PXi95 shafts...the shafts are way too light, and are unplayable).  I spent my Father's Day morning this AM at Roger Dunn in Santa Ana, and initiated an order for a replacement set of clubs...but I have no idea if they will be ready for this next weekend.

I confess, my schedule has been ridiculous of late, and I made this move without giving any thought to the So Cal event.  I feel like a total d*ckhead now that I have seen the thread and how many of you guys are all set up and committed.  I am hopeful that my new sticks will arrive by Friday (Mizuno ships quickly, or so I'm told), but am concerned about what I might do in the meantime if I am without proper equipment.

I will PM Tristan tonight, and will do what I can to try and make this right.  Please feel free to heckle me as you see fit.

dont worry about it... the Least Valuable Player gets a free subscription to Vanity Cap magazine

Originally Posted by Pakoh

dont worry about it... the Least Valuable Player gets a free subscription to Vanity Cap magazine

Yeah, but unless he has another mystery "work conflict" I think Beachcomber already has that award sewn up!!!

Originally Posted by mvmac

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yeah I was thinking about trying the Breakfast Orange County place.  If other folks plan on meeting up for breakfast I'll gladly go where the group wants to.

I'm just going to eat something light at home and go straight to the course and give myself time to hit some balls at the range.  I'll probably try at arrive at the course at 6:45.

Just a friendly reminder, if you guys planned on warming up at the range that it is a 5 minute shuttle ride down to the range from the course (and obviously back as well).  If you guys are sitting down at a breakfast restaurant at 6:45, it seems like you're going to be rushing to get warmed up afterwards.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Yeah, I'm not exactly burning up the course these days, but that's a far cry from what would likely happen if i tried to game these sticks this weekend.  I wonder if I can play Talega with only my driver, 4 wood, hybrid and sand wedges?

This afternoon I'm going to run by the Seal Beach Roger Dunn to see if they still have my Cobra sticks.  If so, they might let me "demo" them for Saturday, in case the new clubs haven't yet arrived.  Otherwise, I'm inclined to bail, just so I don't have to do so at the last minute.

Sorry 'bout me, I feel terrible.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Yeah, I'm not exactly burning up the course these days, but that's a far cry from what would likely happen if i tried to game these sticks this weekend.  I wonder if I can play Talega with only my driver, 4 wood, hybrid and sand wedges?

This afternoon I'm going to run by the Seal Beach Roger Dunn to see if they still have my Cobra sticks.  If so, they might let me "demo" them for Saturday, in case the new clubs haven't yet arrived.  Otherwise, I'm inclined to bail, just so I don't have to do so at the last minute.

Hey Carxx,

Your on our team. Don't even sweat over the scores you might get.

My son just 3 putted 3 holes on the front 9 on Father's day at Santa Anita. My daughter, who is not going, was 15 over on the course (ladies tees). I was 26 over from the whites.

Go figure, it's golf.

Hope you still come out for some fun, in the end that's all it is.

Hope you agree with me MDL...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

carrx RD will let you borrow any set they have that is used so get one that is close. My father in law is shooting a 35 HC and me any son have been only able to hit and miss our playing due to work. My game is all over the place right now, two weeks ago had time to play 9 hit par on all but 1 hole, this Sat we played 9 again could not hit one green all my sots were left.

It is all for fun.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Don't bail now!!!!  Just as an FYI, I played a round last week with my old clubs (which are from 1997, and are 1.25" shorter than my correctly fitted clubs, and are 3 degrees flatter than my correctly fitted clubs) and I tore it up!  Besides ...

Go figure, it's golf.

Hope you still come out for some fun, in the end that's all it is.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ .....

Originally Posted by hacker101

carrx RD will let you borrow any set they have that is used so get one that is close. My father in law is shooting a 35 HC and me any son have been only able to hit and miss our playing due to work. My game is all over the place right now, two weeks ago had time to play 9 hit par on all but 1 hole, this Sat we played 9 again could not hit one green all my sots were left.

It is all for fun.

And this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

My son just 3 putted 3 holes on the front 9 on Father's day at Santa Anita.

Santa Anita on a Sunday on Father's Day!! How long did that round take??

Note: This thread is 3966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!