IGNORED

Black TaylorMade R1 Driver

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like they stole Ping's Mat-Black finish. Which i think looks way better than any club out there, if that ping i20 was adjustable like taylmormade or Titleist i would have bought it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, if only it played as good as it looked. Had the white one. It sucked. IMHO.

Driver      -  K15 10.5 w/ Ping TFC149D Shaft in stiff

4 Wood   -  Rapture V2 17.5* Aldila S-75

Hybrid    -   Super Hybrid SS 19* w/ Matrix Program

Irons      -   i20's 3-W, UW, SW & LW w/ KBS Tour Stiff +1/2" White Dot

Putter    -   White Ice #9 33"

Ball       -   B330-S & B330-RXS

D2 Feel

Bragging about a 200 yard 7 iron is not golf.

Originally Posted by saevel25

Looks like they stole Ping's Mat-Black finish. Which i think looks way better than any club out there, if that ping i20 was adjustable like taylmormade or Titleist i would have bought it.

First thing I thought also was this is a rip off of Ping's line..............and the R1 placement reminds me of where Nike placed the Swoosh on the Covert

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Titleist 913 is beautifully black and real.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Quick question, TaylorMade says white makes the club head look bigger, inspires confidence and makes it easier to hit it in the center of the face.  So going black would......

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quick question, TaylorMade says white makes the club head look bigger, inspires confidence and makes it easier to hit it in the center of the face.  So going black would......

Make more sales with traditionalists.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Once you go white you never go ... wait a second ...

• Upvote 3

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've never been a huge TaylorMade fan and was definitely never feeling the white clubheads. Good job by TM if they release a black head. They should have ditched the big R1 logo while they were at it.

I'll be surprised if this isn't just a limited edition release. TM has gone all in with white club heads, and it has been enormously successful from a financial standpoint. Going back to black would go against TM justifications for going white in the first place, mainly that it helps alignment. Also, TM has built its marketing strategy around white for the last two years, stretching into their clothing line.  Just does not make sense to me.

http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2013/05/02/black-taylormade-r1-on-list.html

Apparently it is out. 400cc head... for a left handed player? Wonder who...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

[URL=http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2013/05/02/black-taylormade-r1-on-list.html]http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2013/05/02/black-taylormade-r1-on-list.html[/URL] Apparently it is out. 400cc head... for a left handed player? Wonder who...

Not only is that the photoshopped black and white shot of an actual R1, it could have been flipped horizontally as well. The info in this thread is better reporting than what the PGA tour equipment report put up.

[quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/66610/black-taylormade-r1-driver/30#post_840585"][URL=http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2013/05/02/black-taylormade-r1-on-list.html]http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2013/05/02/black-taylormade-r1-on-list.html[/URL] Apparently it is out. 400cc head... for a left handed player? Wonder who...

Not only is that the photoshopped black and white shot of an actual R1, it could have been flipped horizontally as well. The info in this thread is better reporting than what the PGA tour equipment report put up.[/quote] Not sure what the hell you are talking about but the pga says it was put on the compliant club list. I am guessing they have the actual club.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!