IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I agree and thanks again. Im going to be working on this for the foreseeable future. This is why I love the 5 keys system they all build upon each other. I will defiantly be practicing this feel at home and when I go to the range later this week(hopefully).

No need to be defiant! Just go with the flow… let it happen! ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No need to be defiant! Just go with the flow… let it happen! ;-)

Will do boss. Im just very grateful for all of help I've got from everyone on here.

Went to the range this morning continuing to work on Key 1.  I was hitting the ball pretty well but everything was pulled.  I definitely have an cut path so almost everything was a pull cut.  I didn't get a video of my last 3 fairway woods those felt like my best swings.

Played a round this morning focusing exclusively on what Ive been working on.  I hit the ball pretty well.  I hit 3 pull draws with the driver all 3 ended up OB (I was expecting to hit pull fades which is what I was hitting on all the other drives).  I hit one iron shot a touch heavy but the rest were very solid.  I struggled with my hybrids but I figured out that I was over swinging.  Once I throttled back I hit a few good ones.  One thing I noticed (not sure if its because my Key 1 is better or what) is I was hitting my irons about 10-15 yards longer than usual. My first 3 approach shots were over the green and my forth ended up on the back fringe.  On the last 3 approaches I took a club less with better results.  It was frustrating trying to play smart hitting to the middle of the green and ending up long. :doh:

Played a round this morning focusing exclusively on what Ive been working on.  I hit the ball pretty well.  I hit 3 pull draws with the driver all 3 ended up OB (I was expecting to hit pull fades which is what I was hitting on all the other drives).  I hit one iron shot a touch heavy but the rest were very solid.  I struggled with my hybrids but I figured out that I was over swinging.  Once I throttled back I hit a few good ones.  One thing I noticed (not sure if its because my Key 1 is better or what) is I was hitting my irons about 10-15 yards longer than usual. My first 3 approach shots were over the green and my forth ended up on the back fringe.  On the last 3 approaches I took a club less with better results.  It was frustrating trying to play smart hitting to the middle of the green and ending up long.:doh:

Overall I think it is a good sign that things are starting to change.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Overall I think it is a good sign that things are starting to change.

Yeah I do want to figure out why I'm pulling everything but for now I have to stick with what Im working on.  I also would like to be able to hit a push draw but thats just because I think they look cool. :-D

Grip looks a little palmy so check that heel pad

Would like to see this picture change, feel like your right ear is closer to your right shoulder, yours is the opposite. Causes the hands to work a bit too far away from you from A1-2, makes it harder to turn and can tend to promote a path that's more across the ball.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Grip looks a little palmy so check that heel pad

Would like to see this picture change, feel like your right ear is closer to your right shoulder, yours is the opposite. Causes the hands to work a bit too far away from you from A1-2, makes it harder to turn and can tend to promote a path that's more across the ball.

Thanks for the reply mike. I actually have been working on my grip but sometimes I forget to check it before I swing.  It still feels a bit weird the correct way so if I don't remind myself to do it I revert back to my old grip.  I will definitely work on getting my setup better.  Should I feel like Im looking at the back of the ball referring to what your posted above?

Should I feel like Im looking at the back of the ball referring to what your posted above?

Yeah it may seem like that from where you are now, just rotate the head, don't move it back.

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah it may seem like that from where you are now, just rotate the head, don't move it back.

Ok thanks. Ill give it a go the next time I go to the range.

Ok thanks. Ill give it a go the next time I go to the range.

Feel free to check it in a mirror first ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

I was just messing around at home and was wondering if my grip is better or if I just think its better. Here are some pics.

Looks good except the right hand isn't sitting right. The curve of your right hand needs to "fit" along the curve of the left hand. I shouldn't be able to the palm of your right hand from the second pic you posted. Just need to slide the right hand towards you and down a little so it fits.

Mike McLoughlin

Looks pretty darn good. If I was being picky I would want to see less space between the right index finger and middle finger.

Mike McLoughlin

Well I'm all good with you being picky. I want to get better so pick away. Also thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I did something Ive never done today I hit a whole bucket of balls without taking full swing. I was working on key 2 after reading the hip slide thread. I took some videos to make sure I was doing it correctly.

When you bump the hips to start that drill, allow the shaft to lean forward with you a bit as well.  That may help you feel where impact needs to be and help with the flipping a bit.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Note: This thread is 2582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!