IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note: This thread is 3912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

What does this mean?  Her fingers don't overlap?

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Yes, also known as baseball grip, no overlap or interconnect of pinky and index.

Exactly.  I noticed it on a couple of the slow motion shots they took (from her 2 o'clock) as she was setting up to the ball.  When I was able to pry my eyes away from some of the other "sights" is when I saw it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, also known as baseball grip, no overlap or interconnect of pinky and index.

That's how I swung when I started a few years ago, but some guy talked me into changing it.

On first drive, Taylor was only 12 yards shorter than Matt straight up so Taylor playing from ladies tees really had an advantage over Matt distance wise.

That's what I was thinking.  Also, according to Taylor, Matt really got his first drive pretty good.  Now, hers may have rolled out more, but if he can only outdrive her by 12 yards on comparable swings, he was at a disadvantage that the other guys would not have been.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

but if he can only outdrive her by 12 yards on comparable swings, he was at a disadvantage that the other guys would not have been.

not as long as Brent or Jay didn't shank one into the woods, anyway.....

Bill - 

• Administrator

That's what I was thinking.  Also, according to Taylor, Matt really got his first drive pretty good.  Now, hers may have rolled out more, but if he can only outdrive her by 12 yards on comparable swings, he was at a disadvantage that the other guys would not have been.

He was reasonably far behind Jay when they played off too, though, wasn't he?

In other words, if Taylor is a little longer than most women, and Matt's a bit shorter or even average, then a little more roll or something could easily account for 12 yards. Those fairways were undulating - you could hit into the upslope and get no roll at all.

How many male vs. female finals have we had, or even matches of any real length (probably only the finals). Didn't Bri Vega also win against a male? Is that the only other time?

Perhaps the women are historically given too much of an advantage. They should play whatever tees equate to about 6500 yards, and the guys whatever gets them to 7250 or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

He was reasonably far behind Jay when they played off too, though, wasn't he?

In other words, if Taylor is a little longer than most women, and Matt's a bit shorter or even average, then a little more roll or something could easily account for 12 yards. Those fairways were undulating - you could hit into the upslope and get no roll at all.

How many male vs. female finals have we had, or even matches of any real length (probably only the finals). Didn't Bri Vega also win against a male? Is that the only other time?

Perhaps the women are historically given too much of an advantage. They should play whatever tees equate to about 6500 yards, and the guys whatever gets them to 7250 or so.

So I went seaching for info on the golf course online, and it's suprisingly hard to find stuff, compared to most upscale courses here in the US.  I did find this scorecard in a few places, so, maybe it's accurate???

As laid out, it doesn't make sense (because I know the last 3 holes were 5,4,4) but I vaguely remember Tom saying something about the nines being switched at the beginning of the show when he said the "tournament tees."  7,8 and 9 are 5,4,4 so that would jive.  And, therefore, based on hole #1 (10) and Matt's drive being 12 yards longer than Taylor's, yet roughly 50 yards shorter ... I guess it could be safe to assume that he was playing the blacks and she was playing the blues.  Further, based on those numbers, and assuming the tees were close to the markers, and assuming the hole is fairly straight, that means his drive was 270-ish and hers was 260-ish ... also seems reasonable.

**Just saw a layout in my google search that shows hole 11 as having a big lake all down the left side.  That would also jive with the show as being hole #2 because that's where Matt hit that "beautiful" hybrid straight into said lake.

Bottom line, though, all distance advantages and disadvantages aside, if you're making sloppy bogeys on the 1st, 2nd, 17th and 18th hole, and a "sloppy" par on the short-ish par 5 16th ... you don't really "deserve" to win and play in a pga tour event, do you?

Taylor will "fit in" much better with the middle of the pack ladies a lot more so than Matt would on the PGA tour.  (At least based on their play from that one day ... unfair, sure)

So I went seaching for info on the golf course online, and it's suprisingly hard to find stuff, compared to most upscale courses here in the US.  I did find this scorecard in a few places, so, maybe it's accurate??? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/80128/] [/URL] As laid out, it doesn't make sense (because I know the last 3 holes were 5,4,4) but I vaguely remember Tom saying something about the nines being switched at the beginning of the show when he said the "tournament tees."  7,8 and 9 are 5,4,4 so that would jive.  And, therefore, based on hole #1 (10) and Matt's drive being 12 yards longer than Taylor's, yet roughly 50 yards shorter ... I guess it could be safe to assume that he was playing the blacks and she was playing the blues.  Further, based on those numbers, and assuming the tees were close to the markers, and assuming the hole is fairly straight, that means his drive was 270-ish and hers was 260-ish ... also seems reasonable. **Just saw a layout in my google search that shows hole 11 as having a big lake all down the left side.  That would also jive with the show as being hole #2 because that's where Matt hit that "beautiful" hybrid straight into said lake. Bottom line, though, all distance advantages and disadvantages aside, if you're making sloppy bogeys on the 1st, 2nd, 17th and 18th hole, and a "sloppy" par on the short-ish par 5 16th ... you don't really "deserve" to win and play in a pga tour event, do you? Taylor will "fit in" much better with the middle of the pack ladies a lot more so than Matt would on the PGA tour.  (At least based on their play from that one day ... unfair, sure)

layout did not make sense to you because they actually started on the back 9

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

• Administrator
Originally Posted by meenman

Uhm…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

As laid out, it doesn't make sense (because I know the last 3 holes were 5,4,4) but I vaguely remember Tom saying something about the nines being switched at the beginning of the show when he said the "tournament tees."  7,8 and 9 are 5,4,4 so that would jive. ...

Just a little too eager to correct me there, eh?  No worries, lol.

--------------------

Anybody know yet the when/where/who of next season???

Just a little too eager to correct me there, eh?  No worries, lol. -------------------- Anybody know yet the when/where/who of next season???

If I recall correctly it's an NFL theme big break with former stars and amateurs

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

okay you caught me, I should not be on the message board while driving

Follow me on twitter

• Administrator

okay you caught me, I should not be on the message board while driving

• Upvote 1

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/80135/] [/URL]

I guess I figured the mobile site was invented so we could enjoy the sandtrap on the go

Follow me on twitter

lol, 6600 yards.  And I know the last 5 par they played was 523 or 525 for Matt, so it may not have played the full 6600.  Also, that one par 3 with the water that they played over and over again, measured 133 for the men and 117 for the women.  Considering the distances and lack of rough, it's no wonder the golf seemed so much better this season (save for the finale) than prior seasons.  It wasn't just by chance that they chose to use holes 5, 6 and 7 in most of the multi-hole elimination matches (wish we could see the course handicaps for those holes).

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by colin007

Soooo jealous...... I just found out that a friend of mine played in a pro-am with Taylor 2 weeks ago...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

So I went seaching for info on the golf course online, and it's suprisingly hard to find stuff, compared to most upscale courses here in the US.  I did find this scorecard in a few places, so, maybe it's accurate???

As laid out, it doesn't make sense (because I know the last 3 holes were 5,4,4) but I vaguely remember Tom saying something about the nines being switched at the beginning of the show when he said the "tournament tees."  7,8 and 9 are 5,4,4 so that would jive.  And, therefore, based on hole #1 (10) and Matt's drive being 12 yards longer than Taylor's, yet roughly 50 yards shorter ... I guess it could be safe to assume that he was playing the blacks and she was playing the blues.  Further, based on those numbers, and assuming the tees were close to the markers, and assuming the hole is fairly straight, that means his drive was 270-ish and hers was 260-ish ... also seems reasonable.

**Just saw a layout in my google search that shows hole 11 as having a big lake all down the left side.  That would also jive with the show as being hole #2 because that's where Matt hit that "beautiful" hybrid straight into said lake.

Bottom line, though, all distance advantages and disadvantages aside, if you're making sloppy bogeys on the 1st, 2nd, 17th and 18th hole, and a "sloppy" par on the short-ish par 5 16th ... you don't really "deserve" to win and play in a pga tour event, do you?

Taylor will "fit in" much better with the middle of the pack ladies a lot more so than Matt would on the PGA tour.  (At least based on their play from that one day ... unfair, sure)

That total course yardage is pathetic lol.  6600 from the tips?  6100 from the next up?  Wonder what the slopes and ratings are from tips and next up.

Note: This thread is 3912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!