IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note: This thread is 3910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Completely disagree with this entire line of logic.  What shot was he trying under pressure when he missed both fairways and a green to start off the immunity challenge this show?  An iron to a sloping fairway?  You all are ignoring a few things:

1) Him and the other guy talk constantly about trying to gain immunity so that they can send a member from Team Maya into the elimination.

2) The immunity challenges are typically harder than a hole of stroke play because you don't have an opportunity to recover from a poor shot, depending on format.

3) The immunity challenges this particular show were essentially stroke play up until the green.

4) In the elimination challenge, he played about the same as he did in the immunity challenge.

Nevertheless, you can keep thinking he's unbeatable and only playing poorly to win more money if you wish.

Not to overlook Taylor or the bearded one, but I have a feeling it's gonna come down to Brent and the other tall guy from Team Maya who has basically coasted through every show due to his team being better than everybody else's.  Brent has been through the fire and we know his mettle, whereas the other guy hasn't.  He may be just as good, but we'll see whether constantly being under fire helps keep you mentally sharp, or eventually causes mental fatigue.

I didn't say it was necessarily logical, more of a conspiracy theory.  I also didn't say he was doing anything weird during the immunity challenges for the heck of it, someone else said that (although he did try to drive one green).  I also don't think he would admit that he wanted to play in every elimination challenge for the money, because then he would come across like Rob/Chad and a complete A-hole.  That isn't to say that still isn't his mindset though.  Besides Leeboli, his elimination matches have been a breeze for him, even though you have to look over last night slightly because Chad got that super-lucky bounce off a rock to extend the playoff.

I agree about Jay, the other big guy on their team.  He has gotten really lucky with the team thing so far...like really lucky.  I think if he had to play in as many elimination challenges as Brent at this point, he would have already gone home.

Originally Posted by meenman

Matt is going all the way

I don't know if he'll win, but it's safe to say he doesn't have the distance to do anything on Tour even if he does win.  Too bad, I like the guy, he just needs to eat more Wheaties.

I keep hearing Matt doesn't have the distance, how far is he driving?

It's never really shown, accuracy is what has helped him. [quote name="tuffluck" url="/t/66694/big-break-mexico/90#post_868783"] I don't know if he'll win, but it's safe to say he doesn't have the distance to do anything on Tour even if he does win.  Too bad, I like the guy, he just needs to eat more Wheaties. [/quote] He will win, but I doubt any of them will do anything on tour. If I am not mistaken, Matt has played in one web.com event and missed the cut. He's a decent kid and our old GM f'd up by not letting him practice at our club when he worked there. But he needs to lose the *fear the beard* line, this isnt the WWE.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by clutchshot

I keep hearing Matt doesn't have the distance, how far is he driving?

It's never really shown, accuracy is what has helped him.

I think it was in the first challenge yesterday when they were playing the hole with Chad ... both Chad and Matt hit hybrids, and Brent hit an iron ... and Matt was away, with Chad a little closer to the green (5-10 yards I think).  When Chad was hitting, you could see Brent's ball in the "rough" way, way ahead of them.

Obviously, that doesn't mean a whole lot because we don't know which iron Brent hit, or which hybrids the other guys hit ... but if you make the assumption that they were all shooting for a similar landing area, then Brent seems to have a little edge on the other two in distance.  Course, he also seems to have a little edge on them is sideways distance too ... which is not good.

Chad was very annoying.....I'm glad he's gone!

I really like Brent.....that guy can play!  And I like his personality and demeanor.  You never see him losing his temper, kicking things, cursing,  and hacking the greens with his putter like BB players of the past.....

I also like Mathew....he's had to play A LOT.......and represented himself well.

Jay....he's sort of flown under the radar and not played a lot.  Considering how far we are into the season, he's been laying low and getting by.  He seems like a really good guy.

LaLa....I hated to see her go...I think I had a crush on her...LOL  I liked her a lot as a person.....probably not the best golfer, but I liked her.

Taylor....she's pretty hot!

IMO...the golf channel chose a quality group of people this time.  I get really annoyed with the temper tantrum people that hack the course and need to be bleeped....and we didn't see a lot of that this year.  chad annoyed me the most, but it wasn't for THAT. Even he represented himself well...even if his personality was a bit weird. LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Chad was very annoying.....I'm glad he's gone! I really like Brent.....that guy can play!  And I like his personality and demeanor.  You never see him losing his temper, kicking things, cursing,  and hacking the greens with his putter like BB players of the past.....  I also like Mathew....he's had to play A LOT.......and represented himself well. Jay....he's sort of flown under the radar and not played a lot.  Considering how far we are into the season, he's been laying low and getting by.  He seems like a really good guy. LaLa....I hated to see her go...I think I had a crush on her...LOL  I liked her a lot as a person.....probably not the best golfer, but I liked her. Taylor....she's pretty hot!  IMO...the golf channel chose a quality group of people this time.  I get really annoyed with the temper tantrum people that hack the course and need to be bleeped....and we didn't see a lot of that this year.  chad annoyed me the most, but it wasn't for THAT. Even he represented himself well...even if his personality was a bit weird. LOL

You and me both brother, Liebeli (sp?) was my crush. Well then again so was Emily.... And Taylor, and Stephanie, and the other one...

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

IMO...the golf channel chose a quality group of people this time.  I get really annoyed with the temper tantrum people that hack the course and need to be bleeped....and we didn't see a lot of that this year.  chad annoyed me the most, but it wasn't for THAT. Even he represented himself well...even if his personality was a bit weird. LOL

This.  So many reality shows - previous seasons of this included - seem to revel in people acting terrible.  I think it is bad for society to promote this behavior.  This year was much better.

It's never really shown, accuracy is what has helped him.

I remember a drive or two that were right around 265 in a couple of the first episodes.  In fact I think it was the same par 5 that Brent/L played like 5 times in their playoff.  Brent was hitting like a Driver/7i to the green?  Matt was hitting Driver/Hybrid when he played what I think was the same hole in another round.  Though they may have been different holes, but I definitely remember a couple of 265y drives from him, and pretty much every time Brent/Jay have driven the ball it is around 300y (which is what you would expect).

Was sorry to see Lala go, definitely thought she was a good golfer and very attractive.

After last week I have no idea who Chad is, the insecure, quirky guy or the arrogant idiot who thinks he's a lot better than he actually is.  I laughed when he started talking about how he was hitting his shots "pure", guess he's a fan of Brian from previous seasons who used the term quite often when he used the wrong club.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by tuffluck

I remember a drive or two that were right around 265 in a couple of the first episodes.  In fact I think it was the same par 5 that Brent/L played like 5 times in their playoff.  Brent was hitting like a Driver/7i to the green?  Matt was hitting Driver/Hybrid when he played what I think was the same hole in another round.  Though they may have been different holes, but I definitely remember a couple of 265y drives from him, and pretty much every time Brent/Jay have driven the ball it is around 300y (which is what you would expect).

Yeah, he's got no distance off the tee. It's too bad, because he'd really be in good shape if he has some power.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Jay just won the Virginia State Open this past weekend. He was -16 for 4 rounds and blitzed the field by 10 shots. I have played the host course many times. It's a tough track. Props to Jay. He has game to post a number like that.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

Originally Posted by finoky

Jay just won the Virginia State Open this past weekend. He was -16 for 4 rounds and blitzed the field by 10 shots. I have played the host course many times. It's a tough track. Props to Jay. He has game to post a number like that.

Yeah. The two best players on the show got eliminated.

Ryan M

Yeah. The two best players on the show got eliminated.

Obviously not the best 2 if they are gone. Being the longest drivers does not make them the best players.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Obviously not the best 2 if they are gone. Being the longest drivers does not make them the best players.

I don't know if they were "the best" or not (but I figure they were). All I do know is that they weren't the best for those 4 holes and that 4 holes is hardly a determination of who is the best golfer.

Lame final IMO. Would've much rather watched Jay vs Brent.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Tiger Woods has come in 50th place in golf tournaments...does that mean there are 50 better golfers than him?

The Browns beat the defending Super Bowl champions 3 years in a row, does that mean they're the better team?

Do you get my point yet?

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!