IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note: This thread is 3926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by MS256

I don't know if they were "the best" or not (but I figure they were). All I do know is that they weren't the best for those 4 holes and that 4 holes is hardly a determination of who is the best golfer.

At least somebody gets it...

Brent had  1 bad hole in his what, 4-5 elimination rounds?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

At least somebody gets it...

Brent had  1 bad hole in his what, 4-5 elimination rounds?

You might even say it was 1 bad shot that got him.  It just tumbled out of control.  One bad shot often leads to another like that.  Props to the little hottie for staying cool while really not playing very well.

They should really play more than 4 holes at this point in the show.  Would have made for some really good golf.  Both matchups were good to watch at 4 - but I would have loved to have seen more.  And I think we could have easily had an opposite outcome.

Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey

You might even say it was 1 bad shot that got him.  It just tumbled out of control.  One bad shot often leads to another like that.  Props to the little hottie for staying cool while really not playing very well.

They should really play more than 4 holes at this point in the show.  Would have made for some really good golf.  Both matchups were good to watch at 4 - but I would have loved to have seen more.  And I think we could have easily had an opposite outcome.

Yeah, that thin wedge killed him. Absolutely did him in. Still almost came back from it...

Ryan M

Tiger Woods has come in 50th place in golf tournaments...does that mean there are 50 better golfers than him? The Browns beat the defending Super Bowl champions 3 years in a row, does that mean they're the better team? Do you get my point yet?

The problem is that people like you get hard ons for distance when that is only part of the game. Just like millions of stupid gamblers blow their mortgage betting on high scoring offenses in the NFL. Defense and special teams are not sexy, but they win games.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

The problem is that people like you get hard ons for distance when that is only part of the game.

Just like millions of stupid gamblers blow their mortgage betting on high scoring offenses in the NFL. Defense and special teams are not sexy, but they win games.

The problem is that people like you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And you assume that is someone beats someone else one time, that they're better...not the case.

I have no "hard on" for distance. Brent's distance has hurt him many times. He's pulled tee shots left, where if he was a shorter player he'd be safer.

Don't make assumptions about me and what I think, because you couldn't be more wrong. Look at Brent's putting, look at the fact that he birdied what, 5 elimination holes in a row? One bad shot in an elimination challenge did him him.

Ryan M

The problem is that people like you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And you assume that is someone beats someone else one time, that they're better...not the case.  I have no "hard on" for distance. Brent's distance has hurt him many times. He's pulled tee shots left, where if he was a shorter player he'd be safer. Don't make assumptions about me and what I think, because you couldn't be more wrong. Look at Brent's putting, look at the fact that he birdied what, 5 elimination holes in a row? One bad shot in an elimination challenge did him him.

You are crying like you had something invested in who won. Playing under pressure is part of golf - the better golfers won. Ive said all along that Matt was going to win, and now there is a 50% chance that I was right.

Follow me on twitter

I don't think anyone expected this combo for the finale.  Golf's a fun game.

I've thought Matt was solid and under the radar the whole time.  I just thought Jay was a great player, and Brent putts out of his mind.

Taylor did make a couple clutch putts.

Distance isn't everything, that's for sure.

Brent vs Taylor was sad, both of them just had bad days and it came down to which one was less crappy.  Whoever came out on top this time, it was really the other one lost it rather the 'winner' won it.  It really did start out with Brent seeming in total control - the calm face and competition demeanor was present on the very first tee shot.

Jay lost it too.  He had the chance.

great episode

it's a silly game - Brent's quote about golf just 'beating up' on a player when something goes wrong was placed during Taylor's down period on the show.  Clearly, he was talking about more than just her.

I'm looking forward to the finale.  That's a true 18 hole run, I believe.

I also like the tee distances, they do seem to be set up to get similar club selections for mens vs women.

Bill - 

You are crying like you had something invested in who won.

Playing under pressure is part of golf - the better golfers won.

Ive said all along that Matt was going to win, and now there is a 50% chance that I was right.

I'm not crying, you came in here making incorrect assumptions.

Ok, let me paint a picture for you...I'm playing against a 10 handicap, he has a bad day, I have a good day. I beat him by 1 stroke. That makes me the better golfer, right?

FTR, I thought Matt would win based on his consistency, And I'm glad Taylor is in for obvious reasons...

But one head-to-head win does not make a person/team better. If you know anything about sports, you already know that...

Ryan M

I'm not crying, you came in here making incorrect assumptions.  Ok, let me paint a picture for you...I'm playing against a 10 handicap, he has a bad day, I have a good day. I beat him by 1 stroke. That makes me the better golfer, right? FTR, I thought Matt would win based on his consistency, And I'm glad Taylor is in for obvious reasons... But one head-to-head win does not make a person/team better. If you know anything about sports, you already know that...

You almost sound like a patriots fan after the giants kicked their asses twice in super bowls.

Follow me on twitter

You almost sound like a patriots fan after the giants kicked their asses twice in super bowls.

And you've officially hit the couldn't be more wrong-er note. I hate the Patriots more than almost any other team on the planet. lol

What I sound like, is someone who uses logic. Beating someone on any given day doesn't make you better, it makes you better on that day. Taylor was better than Brent on that day...9 times out of 10, he beats her. IMO, he's the better player...and not because of distance either.

Ryan M

And you've officially hit the couldn't be more wrong-er note. I hate the Patriots more than almost any other team on the planet. lol What I sound like, is someone who uses logic. Beating someone on any given day doesn't make you better, it makes you better on that day. Taylor was better than Brent on that day...9 times out of 10, he beats her. IMO, he's the better player...and not because of distance either.

I would never insult someone and call them a patsy fan, was just saying that you sounded like one. Maybe Brent would have won 9 out of 10 times, I am not attacking your opinion, but you are making statements that can not be proven. All we both know is who won that one match, and in the end, that is all that matters. Matt has game, and he will never hear the end of it from me if he does lose the final.

Follow me on twitter

I would never insult someone and call them a patsy fan, was just saying that you sounded like one.

Maybe Brent would have won 9 out of 10 times, I am not attacking your opinion, but you are making statements that can not be proven.

All we both know is who won that one match, and in the end, that is all that matters.

Matt has game, and he will never hear the end of it from me if he does lose the final.

Fair enough. My only argument was that 1 match can't determine who's better, and it seems like you agree, so we're arguing over nothing. lol

And thanks, because that's a pretty nasty insult.

I don't care who wins at this point, just wanna see some good golf.

Ryan M

Brett made the statement about Jay's loss

(something like) - "I won't say the better golfer won, but I will say the better golfer that day won"

I'm pretty sure I abused the quote terribly.  But you get the idea.

Bill - 

(something like) - "I won't say the better golfer won, but I will say the better golfer that day won"

I'm pretty sure I abused the quote terribly.  But you get the idea.

You pretty much nailed the quote. Matt definitely had an advantage once the rest of his team was eliminated because everything was a pressure situation to him after that. The only immunity I remember him getting was when Brent had to play the girl in the 2 part episode.

Follow me on twitter

I'm impressed with Matt.  he's quietly getting the job done.

But I liked these four people the best, so it's fun for me no matter how it turned out.

Bill - 

Those four were definitely the best on the show. There are no real surprises like in seasons past (Pam in BB3).

Also, maybe not all of their resumes are not notable as in past Big Breaks, but their golf games are better than in seasons past. Big Break X Michigan was probably the worst; in that show it seemed like almost everyone mishit a shot badly and these are supposed to be close to scratch golfers. Also Big Break Indian Wells contestants had some bad golfers and poor shots.

Note: This thread is 3926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!