IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 3255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was the Quinta... they had the rep from Ramos Pintos visiting.

When I commented  the 10 yr Tawny reminded me of a sherry - but much more complex, honeyed and satisfying - I thought he was going to lose his cookies... he then explained the differences between sherry and port. I laughed, saying it only reminded me of a sherry. But then I had the 20 yr old ... yummmmm, and when I drank the 30 yr old, I thought about getting a date so I could slather it over her... but then, that would be a waste of a good 30 yr old .... port.

While the 30 yr old tawny was delightful, the value was the 20 yr old...

:bugout:

I'll bet he did! :-D

Gotta say, I'm not a huge Sherry fan.  Much prefer the depth of a good port.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Malmsey Madeira is also excellent.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

:bugout: I'll bet he did!   :-D Gotta say, I'm not a huge Sherry fan.  Much prefer the depth of a good port.

Not a sherry guy either, it goes wasted and I end up cooking w it The Tawny 10 yr had flavors and a nose that was a reminder of Sherry. But the port was smoother with more complexity and depth Now the 20 and 30 year-olds were nothing like a 10-year-old. It was a whole Nother world

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Not a sherry guy either, it goes wasted and I end up cooking w it

The Tawny 10 yr had flavors and a nose that was a reminder of Sherry. But the port was smoother with more complexity and depth

Now the 20 and 30 year-olds were nothing like a 10-year-old. It was a whole Nother world

I assume they were trying to sell you some.  How were the prices?  Any discounts at the tasting?  That Quinto has to be a $100 bill+, isn't it?

In David's bag....

Sherry is for old ladies.

I never liked Port until I was introduced to the drier ones. Still more of a whisky drinker but really good Porto is...really good.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I assume they were trying to sell you some.  How were the prices?  Any discounts at the tasting?  That Quinto has to be a $100 bill+, isn't it?

10% off

20 yr Tawny Quinto - $60

30 yr Tawny Quinto - $102

Good deal? The Rep from Ramos said without a vacu vin, after opening, it should last a month without issues in a cellar before too much oxidation.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I usually get a bottle of 20 year old Taylor Fladgate on my birthday from friends of mine.  They love port too.

My brother did some work in Porto.  He doesn't like port and did NOT bring back any samples for me.  Bastard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

A little better effort this time.

My wife and daughter love that I feel the need to practice souffle's periodically.....

In David's bag....

A little better effort this time.

My wife and daughter love that I feel the need to practice souffle's periodically.....

Great job David - I'm impressed.  Tonight we had crab cakes, green beans and a side of Parmesan pasta.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Guys,

My son is on a kick right now, so we picked up Ground Turkey does anypne have a way to season it?

I really don't like the taste of Ground Turkey meat or Turkey burgers.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Guys,

My son is on a kick right now, so we picked up Ground Turkey does anypne have a way to season it?

That's a tough one, not really a fan of ground turkey, or maybe better stated: I have no real experience cooking with it.

Having said that, if I were trying to make something palatable with ground turkey I would either go:

• savory with lots of sage and maybe thyme or rosemary (although this approach will accentuate the turkey flavour not mask it)
  • spicy with fresh chillies and maybe cilantro
  • or...maybe just punch it up with lots of steak spice and Worcestershire so it doesn't taste like turkey

Also, adding a ton of garlic makes anything taste good...

EDIT* David is going to suggest you poach it in bacon fat! :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Guys,

I'd take an onion and mince it very finely - like in a food processor - then I would add Italian seasoning.  Another option would be to put Essence of Emeril directly into the ground turkey.  My wife loves it on burgers.

Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer

Tonight it was steak, baked potato and broccoli...

Speaking of turkey, Canadian Thanksgiving is finally over. Cooked a 12lb turkey with drunken stuffing loaded with Grand Marnier, honey garlic sausage, currants, raisins, sage and rosemary. Sides of Sweet Potato mash, cranberry sauce, roasted garlic soup and mountains of raw Beau Soleil Oysters. Everything from scratch. Good Times!!

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Thanks guys gotta do somthing, and all great ideas.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

That's a tough one, not really a fan of ground turkey, or maybe better stated: I have no real experience cooking with it. Having said that, if I were trying to make something palatable with ground turkey I would either go: [LIST] [*] savory with lots of sage and maybe thyme or rosemary (although this approach will accentuate the turkey flavour not mask it) [*] spicy with fresh chillies and maybe cilantro [*] or...maybe just punch it up with lots of steak spice and Worcestershire so it doesn't taste like turkey [/LIST] Also, adding a ton of garlic makes anything taste good... EDIT* David is going to suggest you poach it in bacon fat! :-P

Well, maybe not poach , but a quick pan fry would be nice! ;-)

In David's bag....

Guys,

I've used it in dishes in place of ground beef, but it definitely needs something to kick it up.  Ground turkey is pretty bland.  I've used it in sloppy joes, in spicy tacos, in chili with beans - all dishes which carry a lot of flavor on their own so that you can get away with using a less flavorful meat.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!