IGNORED

First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Current plans: if everyone can bring $50 (plus whatever you'll need to buy lunch and dinner and/or drinks on the course), that'll cover everything: clinic and quickie lessons, demo clubs to hit on the range, golf/cart. It should easily be worth it, and Mike and I are looking forward to seeing you all there! Please arrive between 9:00 and 9:30.

Thanks Erik for putting this together! Can't wait for Sat!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. iacas - 0.0
  2. mvmac - 0.0
  3. jamo - 1.4
  4. saevel25 - 6.8
  5. saevel guest Pat - 17.0
  6. Slice of Life - 0.0
  7. Pat (SoL Pal)
  8. Spyder - 12.2
  9. dave s
  10. vasaribm - 15.6
  11. bkitt
  12. Jeremie Boop - 22.0
  13. Grins - 25.4

Oh man, you mean we have to pay for the food?! Ha, this sounds great, Saturday can't come fast enough!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Please confirm the bold numbers, people:

1. iacas - 0.0
  2. mvmac - 0.0
  3. jamo - 1.4
  4. saevel25 - 6.8
  5. saevel guest Pat - 17.0
  6. Slice of Life - 15.0 (recent improvements)
  7. Pat (SoL Pal) - 19.0
  8. Spyder - 12.2
  9. dave s - 17.0
  10. vasaribm - 15.6
  11. bkitt - 10.6
  12. Jeremie Boop - 22.0
  13. Grins - 25.4

Thank you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't live in, or frequently visit, your area, but hopefully ya'll don't mind me (a "lame" socal-er - yes, Erik, I still remember that comment from post #1 ;)) joining your group anyways.  I hope you guys have lots of fun this weekend and take a bunch of pictures and post a lot of smack talk.

Have fun!!!

Originally Posted by iacas

Please confirm the bold numbers, people:

iacas - 0.0

mvmac - 0.0

jamo - 1.4

saevel25 - 7.8

saevel guest Pat - 17.0

Slice of Life - 15.0 (recent improvements)

Pat (SoL Pal) - 19.0

Spyder - 12.2

dave s - 17.0

vasaribm - 15.6

bkitt - 10.6

Jeremie Boop - 22.0

Grins - 25.4

Thank you.

Sorry had to update it. Its been about a month since i updated my handicap, its gone up 1 stroke.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

dave s good at 17. Thanks.

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

+1. Thanks Erik. Looking forward to meeting everyone. dave s

Ping G30 driver
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Sorry Mark. My bad play has a way of rubbing off on my cart-mates! Things will straighten out for you. I can tell you're a much better player than the card reads. Looking forward to Saturday. dave

Ping G30 driver
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Originally Posted by dave s

Sorry Mark. My bad play has a way of rubbing off on my cart-mates! Things will straighten out for you. I can tell you're a much better player than the card reads. Looking forward to Saturday.dave

Haha, your FIR is just intimidating Dave... what can I say?

I have no idea what the hell has been going on with my swing, but it definitely isn't you! It's only gotten worse during the past week or so. I went from hitting my usual draw like I told you, to hooking the ball and trying different things. Then, I ended up with a fade and now I"m pulling the ball again. I just went numb n' dumb and have no "feel" in my swing anymore. Hopefully Erik can watch me take a few swings and criticize me into being just "dumb" so I can keep the ball in play. I resorted to teeing off with my 5i the past two times I went out.

On a side note, we're looking at 82° with a 40% chance for thunderstorms on Saturday. I really hope the forecast is wrong or it misses us!

Originally Posted by Spyder

On a side note, we're looking at 82° with a 40% chance for thunderstorms on Saturday. I really hope the forecast is wrong or it misses us!

Really, I just looked and it says

Medina, OH (44256) Weather

Sat Aug 3

Mostly Sunny

75 °

59 °

Mostly Sunny

Wonder if I'm looking at the wrong place or something.

CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%
WIND:
WNW at 9 mph

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Spyder

I wouldn't put any stock in the forcast yet.  I've looked at it a few times today and it hasn't been the same twice.  It's Ohio...

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Originally Posted by vasaribm

I wouldn't put any stock in the forcast yet.  I've looked at it a few times today and it hasn't been the same twice.  It's Ohio...

Yeah, I hear you. I never give any credit to Fox 8 because they're always off. Weather Channel gives us 10% chance of precip ( http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Medina+OH+44256:4:US ). I like to see 0% though, especially when I have golf plans. Rain doesn't bother me either, the thunder and lightning part obviously do though!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by UncleRobot

What time and what course are yall playing? I'd like to join you all if time permits. Any and all info would help. Thanks!!

The answer exists in the preceding 194 posts.

Basically: Fox Meadow CC, Saturday, August 3. Playing at 1pm, but festivities will start at about 9am.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!