IGNORED

First Annual Pittsburgh/Erie/Cleveland Get-Together (August 3)

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I'm sure you know this by now, but I will confirm that I'm not going to be able to make it.Β  It was a long drive and, as it turns out, my wife has booked a quick getaway this weekend before our son starts school next week (I found out about this trip this week).Β  We didn't get a vacation this year, so it was a surprise thing.

I'm in for one next year though!!Β  Hit'em good!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by iacas

Three things:

They're going to film testimonials.

You're getting to play at a fairly nice club that, for better or worse, has its traditions and mindset.

You're representing The Sand Trap and, by extension, Mike and I.

Please, everyone keep these things in mind when you choose your outfit. Apologies if it steps on your style a bit, but this isn't your typical day at your typical muni, either. Thank you.

lol I'm just messing around. Though, they're just like any other club in terms of dress code.

No denim (no jeans or jorts), no cutoffs (short sleeves or long sleeve required) and no sandals or metal spikes. Golf shorts (at, or slightly below knee level) or golf pants and a collared polo tucked in are required .

You really are cramping Slice's style though... he was really excited to wear these:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

By ridiculous, I mean bright ridiculous colored shirt with matching hat/white belt combo. I'll do my best Fowler. It'll be a collared shirt and more than likely golf pants or at the very least, golf shorts. Not a wife beater with gravy stains and jorts. lol

Gravy stains are disgusting. Mustard stains just mean that you're all man and your girl obviously made you a sandwich when you told her to.

I second this too though. Typical neon polo, black shorts, white shoes and white hat. It's all I own lol.

Sleeves to the elbow? I don't know if I have any of those, typically they only come down to mid-bicep.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Sleeves to the elbow? I don't know if I have any of those, typically they only come down to mid-bicep.

You know what I meant! Wise guy. Edited to 'sleeves' for you.

Originally Posted by Spyder

lol I'm just messing around. Though, they're just like any other club in terms of dress code.

No denim (no jeans or jorts), no cutoffs (sleeves to the elbow, or long sleeve required) and no sandals or metal spikes. Golf shorts (at, or slightly below knee level) or golf pants and a collared polo tucked in are required.

You really are cramping Slice's style though... he was really excited to wear these:

Um, I plan on wearing those shorts, with matching shirt and hat, white belt, and matching shoes. I've also grown my hair out and will be straightening it as well as growing a pedo stash.

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I don't get the wise guy part. Most of my polos, the sleeves end mid bicep as well. Not my golf ones though...

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

Alrighty then. I'm pretty jazzed about this weekend. It's a 2 1/2 hr drive each way but I don't care. Every day I wake up thinking it should be Saturday already.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

There gonna be any "longest drive" or "closest to the pin" holes?

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

I don't get the wise guy part. Most of my polos, the sleeves end mid bicep as well. Not my golf ones though...

That's what the wise guy part was in reference to. Being too literal. We're talking golf polos which typically don't end mid-bicep unless you're built like Bubba Watson or shop at baby gap.

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Sorry to my group for all the errant shots to come. Unless something clicks this week before Saturday my game has taken a turn for the worse.

I wouldn't worry - that's what beer is for.

Anyway, I'm the one who should be bringing up the rear, shotwise.Β  Been hanging drywall & my right arm feels like it's gonna fall off, so no idea what my swing will be like on Saturday.Β  I should probably rest it, but I couldn't pass up the chance to play with you guys!

Originally Posted by Grins

Anyway, I'm the one who should be bringing up the rear, shotwise.Β  Been hanging drywall & my right arm feels like it's gonna fall off, so no idea what my swing will be like on Saturday.Β  I should probably rest it, but I couldn't pass up the chance to play with you guys!

You had me at beer!

Even if we all play like garbage, the beer will be cold and we'll have a blast. I think we'll do just fine though.

That's what the wise guy part was in reference to. Being too literal. We're talking golf polos which typically don't end mid-bicep unless you're built like Bubba Watson or shop at baby gap.

Gotcha. Not everyone wears "golf polos" golfing though, so it may be good that we specified.

Jorts with matching jean polo...here I come!!!

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

Gotcha. Not everyone wears "golf polos" golfing though, so it may be good that we specified.

Jorts with matching jean polo...here I come!!!

LOL. Don't forget the Tims and white knee-high socks.

2 weeks ago I saw a guy that was maybe 50 years old and 120 pounds in jorts that came above the knee. Not only jorts, but homemade jorts because the white frills from the denim being cut were just flowing in the wind. Dude even had a comb in his pocket like Joe Dirt.

Just to make a slight point, but knowing my dad's game, if he's playing the tips, he wont be able to reach 4 out of the 10 par 4's in two. Some of the other par 4's, he will be hitting 3-wood or 7-woods. Since i think the discussion on playing the right tee's for the player comes up a lot here, wouldn't it be prudent to move those who hit it shorter up to shorter tees. They have there own slope and rating as well, so handicaps should match. Cause if not, then i could easily say my dad's handicap jumps 5-7 strokes from this tee set. He usually plays 5900-6300 yard courses.

Just a heads up, cause i know picking the correct yardage for ability and overall player ability to hit distance is important to enjoyability and fairness.

For his game, looking at the score card, he can handle the 6500. I am just saying that giving him a shot to actually play a par 4 as a par 4 instead of a par 5. If he played the 6500 yard tees, he would only lack distance for par 4 on one of the par 4's.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Just to make a slight point, but knowing my dad's game, if he's playing the tips, he wont be able to reach 4 out of the 10 par 4's in two. Some of the other par 4's, he will be hitting 3-wood or 7-woods. Since i think the discussion on playing the right tee's for the player comes up a lot here, wouldn't it be prudent to move those who hit it shorter up to shorter tees. They have there own slope and rating as well, so handicaps should match. Cause if not, then i could easily say my dad's handicap jumps 5-7 strokes from this tee set. He usually plays 5900-6300 yard courses.

Just a heads up, cause i know picking the correct yardage for ability and overall player ability to hit distance is important to enjoyability and fairness.

For his game, looking at the score card, he can handle the 6500. I am just saying that giving him a shot to actually play a par 4 as a par 4 instead of a par 5. If he played the 6500 yard tees, he would only lack distance for par 4 on one of the par 4's.

Don't worry too much, I have plenty of distance and won't be reaching most of those in 2.

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

Originally Posted by Grins

I don't drink, so nothing to dull the pain of the humiliating shots that are sure to happen. Ha

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by saevel25

It looks like Erik was considering the group as a whole, rather than individual ability. I have the distance and handicap to justify playing the tips as well, but it will probably benefit the group that I am in to play up. I see what you're saying though as in there may be occasions here he doesn't feel like he is able to contribute or shouldn't even tee off. Not to say this will happen or that he should feel like that, but my father would also tell me I'm crazy if I asked him to play the tips at Fox, regardless of the format.

Note:Β This thread is 3669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!