IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Is this better Erik? Also added in an old one I found, the first one was 2 months ago, the 2nd one was today.

Yes. More gooder. If you can do that, we can work on the next piece (I almost slipped and told you what that was).

Zeph knows. ;-) But he's a good guy so don't ask him - he won't tell you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes. More gooder. If you can do that, we can work on the next piece (I almost slipped and told you what that was). Zeph knows. ;-) But he's a good guy so don't ask him - he won't tell you.

Well, there's only 1.5 keys we didn't cover, so I could probably guess. ;-) Either way, this is still way too awkward and unnatural for me to even think about trying to add anything else to it.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Also, quick note...

the distance increase in irons has been very noticeable with the weight shift and impact position. My 7 iron was always good for about 160, now it's closer to 185 on a good rip. Would have been nice to know before I hit my 7 from 160 and blasted it over the green.

The bad news is, I now have no clue what my distances are...time to extrapolate some data (hit the range)....

Driver with the new swing is shorter and uncontrollable for now...but that'll change.

Ryan M

• Administrator

Well, there's only 1.5 keys we didn't cover, so I could probably guess.

No you can't. And don't try, obviously. As you correctly said, it wouldn't be good for you.

You have a backswing (hips) piece and a downswing (hips) piece for now.

I feel like Chubbs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

No you can't. And don't try, obviously. As you correctly said, it wouldn't be good for you.

You have a backswing (hips) piece and a downswing (hips) piece for now.

I feel like Chubbs.

Don't fret, I won't try. My brain can't focus on more than 1 or 2 things at a time, so until I don't need to focus on it anymore, I can't cram in something new.

Ryan M

Thank god that wasn't part of the lesson in Erie, PA. That might have been cause for concern :p

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Thank god that wasn't part of the lesson in Erie, PA. That might have been cause for concern :p

Says who?

Ryan M

Says who?

Erik, I would like to cancel my trip out there later this summer...;)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Drove like a champ today...hit like 8 fairways, and most of my misses were JUST off the fairway. 418 yard par 4, and I ended up right by the red stake. Absolutely crushed.

One GIR...terrible lol. A lot of close calls though, I'm always happy if my approach leaves me a chip and a putt. Had a lot of good up and downs.

Irons are coming along, I hit a lot of acceptable shots, but the course management was awful on my part and I made a lot of dumb decisions. Started the back nine bogey, bogey, bogey, par, and then quintuple bogey lol.

32 putts, which I'm very happy with for this course, the greens are huge, VERY sloped, and ridiculously fast. Two 3 putts were from 50 ft. If you were putting downhill, a 1 ft stroke would go 25 feet.

Ryan M

I did it...finally did it. Shot an 87 today, and it was a rough 87 too. I feel like it could have easily been in the 70s.

Couldn't drive for shit. I was absolutely crushing it, 4 drives over 300, but 2 OB, and 3 or 4 that left me in a lot of trouble. I'll chalk that up to getting my driver back today and trying to get used to it after hitting a whippy regular flex 10.5 degree R5 for the past 3 weeks.

Irons though, exponentially better. I spent all day just hitting drill shots, no full iron shots, just a little drill Erik has me doing, and was striking the ball beautifully.

Didn't putt particularly well, left at least 3 putts out there, hit two OB from the tee for a quintuple bogey on 5, and dropped a couple shots from mental mistakes. After the way I've been playing, I feel I may even break 80 before the end of the summer.

Started on the back 9, and on my 18th hole, I pushed my drive right into trouble, 2nd shot punched out, 3rd on the green 33 feet from the pin, and drilled the putt center of the cup to finish with a par.

Erik, you're a genius...

Ryan M

I did it...finally did it. Shot an 87 today, and it was a rough 87 too. I feel like it could have easily been in the 70s.

Couldn't drive for shit. I was absolutely crushing it, 4 drives over 300, but 2 OB, and 3 or 4 that left me in a lot of trouble. I'll chalk that up to getting my driver back today and trying to get used to it after hitting a whippy regular flex 10.5 degree R5 for the past 3 weeks.

Irons though, exponentially better. I spent all day just hitting drill shots, no full iron shots, just a little drill Erik has me doing, and was striking the ball beautifully.

Didn't putt particularly well, left at least 3 putts out there, hit two OB from the tee for a quintuple bogey on 5, and dropped a couple shots from mental mistakes. After the way I've been playing, I feel I may even break 80 before the end of the summer.

Started on the back 9, and on my 18th hole, I pushed my drive right into trouble, 2nd shot punched out, 3rd on the green 33 feet from the pin, and drilled the putt center of the cup to finish with a par.

Erik, you're a genius...

Stop giving a damn about length. You'll have what ever length you have with your swing. No need to try killing the ball, all your doing is throwing your mechanics and timing off.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Stop giving a damn about length. You'll have what ever length you have with your swing. No need to try killing the ball, all your doing is throwing your mechanics and timing off.

I know it doesn't make sense, but I'm more accurate the harder I swing with my driver. When I try to hit it easy, it's horrendously bad. Today was an off day that I'll chalk up to using my driver for the first time after being stuck with a borrowed regular flex 10.5 degree old ass R5 for 3-4 weeks.

Trust me, I'd rather hit it 250 down the center, but that's not gonna happen right now and I'm fine with that...besides today, I've been pretty accurate with it lately. I might readjust my driver to 10 degrees to promote a little draw instead of a fade.

Oh, and thanks for the words of encouragement after my breakthrough round.

Ryan M

I get what you mean, sometimes when you try and throttle back it messes up your rhythm and swing even more. Just keep working on things. Just a thought, but because you can hit it long, maybe think more about using a shorter club off the tee when the driver could put a certain hazard in play. I only carry it about 240, buy I still will play 3w or 3i off of a number of tees. Congrats on breaking 90! Well done!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Originally Posted by cipher

I get what you mean, sometimes when you try and throttle back it messes up your rhythm and swing even more. Just keep working on things. Just a thought, but because you can hit it long, maybe think more about using a shorter club off the tee when the driver could put a certain hazard in play. I only carry it about 240, buy I still will play 3w or 3i off of a number of tees. Congrats on breaking 90! Well done!

Definitely a good idea, the problem is that my driver has been my most consistent club. Now that everything else is coming along, hitting a shorter club is becoming an option...but until recently I was more likely to hit a 5 iron OB than a driver.

Once I re-get used to my driver again, I don't think it'll be a problem. And that makes today even better...without the 2 OB, I would have shot an 83.

Overall, I get what you guys are saying, it's just that the grip it and rip it driver has been my safest tee shot lately...doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? lol

Ryan M

Definitely a good idea, the problem is that my driver has been my most consistent club. Now that everything else is coming along, hitting a shorter club is becoming an option...but until recently I was more likely to hit a 5 iron OB than a driver.

Once I re-get used to my driver again, I don't think it'll be a problem. And that makes today even better...without the 2 OB, I would have shot an 83.

Overall, I get what you guys are saying, it's just that the grip it and rip it driver has been my safest tee shot lately...doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? lol

Very well, now that you mention it I feel you may have before, so my apologies if that is the case.  I have a tendency to hit a nasty pull hook every now and then with the 3W and often feel I would rather hit diver most of the time as well.  I play up one tee though so that it forces me to use the 3w in some situations so that I can "hopefully" learn to be confident with both clubs.

Nate

Originally Posted by cipher

Very well, now that you mention it I feel you may have before, so my apologies if that is the case.  I have a tendency to hit a nasty pull hook every now and then with the 3W and often feel I would rather hit diver most of the time as well.  I play up one tee though so that it forces me to use the 3w in some situations so that I can "hopefully" learn to be confident with both clubs.

I play a lot of Driver-Wedge par 4 type of courses, short...around 6300-6400 yards. So, now that I'm hitting my irons more consistently, on a shorter let's say 375 yard par 4, I can hit my hybrid off the tee, and still be left with only a 6 iron to the green. I'm gonna start doing that on holes that have a lot of "trouble".

It was nice though, 417 yard par 4, and my drive left me right at the red 100 yard marker. If I can get that down consistently, I'll be in the 70s in no time...That's a big if though haha

Ryan M

• 2 weeks later...
Everything is starting to come together. Had some world class shots today, short game was excellent, chipped in a 40 footer. Hit my 50 degree from thick thick cabbage 110 yards out and nailed the green, no fat or thin shots today. My uncle was beating me by 8 strokes through 12 holes and I went +1 with 5 pars on the final six to beat him. Made too many mistakes, but kept it together.
Ryan M

Shot 9 by myself today. Didn't keep score, just dropped balls and hit them. Worked on short game for about an hour, then went through all 9 holes playing 3-4 balls.

I was tempted to keep score, because the first hole (short par 5, only played 1 ball) I hit a great drive down the middle of the fairway, and then from 210, hit my hybrid on the front of the green. Missed the 15 foot eagle putt by about 2 inches...would have been my first eagle, but I never complain about a tap in birdie.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 1333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!