IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went out for a quick solo round today. Went to just play 9, but was moving so quickly I just did all 18 in a little under 2 hours. 

Started off guns blazing...par, par, bogey, par, par, par, bogey...and then it was downhill from there finishing with back to back double bogeys lol

42 on the front, 46 on the back. Irons and wedges were all solid, driver was typical...everywhere. Short game saved my butt a few times. 

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 years later...

Man, it's been a minute. And my swing has changed quite a bit. Gonna try to get some video tomorrow. 

Still struggling with going too far back on my backswing, but my posture has changed as well as my swing path. Not slicing the ball anymore, but my miss has become a pull hook lately. I think I'm not sliding my hips through, but we'll see...

Ryan M

• 1 month later...

Really grinding at the range lately. About 3 hours yesterday...

Extra focused on tempo, shortening my backswing, and not dipping my left shoulder and head (thanks @iacas). Progress is being made, but it's slow...and still feels unnatural. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1
Ryan M

10 minutes ago, Slice of Life said:

Extra focused on tempo, shortening my backswing, and not dipping my left shoulder and head (thanks @iacas). Progress is being made, but it's slow...and still feels unnatural. 

Looking Good, brother.

I feel your pain. I've been working really hard on my swing since the Erie, PA trip. It "feels" unnatural as all get out. For me, Friday's practice session finally started to look pretty good. I thought maybe it's coming together. Then played Sunday morning. It was great for about 12-13 holes. Then my shit fell apart. Yesterday's range session I had to go all the way back to the beginning. 

Changes sometimes seem like they take for ever. Hang in there. I'm trying to. Next time we play together I'm expecting us both to play a lot better. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Best swing I've ever seen you make, R.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Best swing I've ever seen you make, R.

Thanks homie!

Back tonight to do more of the same. Just going to keep focusing on not dipping that leading shoulder until it becomes a natural part of the swing. That and tempo are really the only things I'm trying to dial in...then once I'm comfortable, back to work on the next step. 

I have a 4 round golf trip this weekend at some pretty tough courses...so it'll be interesting to see if I can focus and not fall into old habits.

Ryan M

On 8/25/2020 at 11:55 AM, Slice of Life said:

This looks hella better than that thing you called a "swing" in PA. 😜

All kidding aside, looks good, bro!

• Like 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

7 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

This looks hella better than that thing you called a "swing" in PA. 😜

All kidding aside, looks good, bro!

Sorry, my swing was off due to being nailed in the arm by a bladed flop attempt. 😂😂😂

Couple more hours at the range today. Really starting to feel more natural already. 

Spent about 30 mins yesterday trying to pitch/chip into a bucket in my backyard. 

AND finally bought 2 new wedges today. My 56 and 60 degree wedges were about 12 years old. Almost no grooves left 😂

• Like 1
Ryan M

13 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Sorry, my swing was off due to being nailed in the arm by a bladed flop attempt. 😂😂😂

Couple more hours at the range today. Really starting to feel more natural already. 

Spent about 30 mins yesterday trying to pitch/chip into a bucket in my backyard. 

AND finally bought 2 new wedges today. My 56 and 60 degree wedges were about 12 years old. Almost no grooves left 😂

Man, that guy's an ass (who still can't do the shot correctly:-$).

Yeah, I feel like after a couple of range sessions changes start feeling a lot more natural and fluid.

What wedges did you get?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 8/27/2020 at 1:20 PM, RFKFREAK said:

Man, that guy's an ass (who still can't do the shot correctly:-$).

Yeah, I feel like after a couple of range sessions changes start feeling a lot more natural and fluid.

What wedges did you get?

Vokeys. 56 and 60. Haven't used the 60 much, have been using the 56 for almost everything inside of 80 yards. 

Spent this weekend in Michigan playing some pretty tough courses in pretty brutal conditions. 

1st round was an 85 in the rain, 2nd was an 82 at one of the toughest and nicest courses I've ever played (and that was with an ugly 9 on a Par 5), and I finished with an 86 on Sunday. All better than I expected. Starting to come together...Hoping that my bad rounds are in the mid 80s next season.

• Like 1
Ryan M

Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!