IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by saevel25

Things i notice

1) arched back

2) when your hands are belt buckle high, the clubhead is way behind the hands, though your not bad at the top.

3) At A6, the clubhead is way outside the hands, this will cause a pull and slice all day long

I would say you might be to close to the ball at address. You have a hard time getting through the ball, and you seem really tight through impact (hands moving infront of the body).

1) What do you mean by arched back? Needs to be more upright? It always was, but I was told to relax the back a little bit and it seemed to have helped. I can easily fix that issue if it is in fact a problem.

2) I noticed this myself, definitely behind and slightly open in reference to the swing plane.

3) Did not notice this. Definitely do now. WAY outside the hands, and open. This may be what I need to work on this week. Keeping the weight on the front leg and off my toes, and keeping the club along the swing plane.

Thanks man!

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Arched Back, you tuck your hips back and up in the address position. This locks your back in a static position, inhibiting the hips from rotating around your spin. Get that flatter.

No arch in back, able to really rotate the hips on the correct angle, and allow the swing to freely move.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Gotcha. That should be an easy fix. I can usually adjust posture pretty quickly...the club position at A2 and A5 (I think?) may prove to be more challenging.

I'll hopefully have another vid up by next weekend if I make some improvements by then.

Need to sign up for Evolvr, but I feel like I need to pick up a higher speed cam first.

Ryan M

Really nice changes, agree with what saevel is saying, will put something together for ya tomorrow.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Gotcha. That should be an easy fix. I can usually adjust posture pretty quickly...the club position at A2 and A5 (I think?) may prove to be more challenging. I'll hopefully have another vid up by next weekend if I make some improvements by then. Need to sign up for Evolvr, but I feel like I need to pick up a higher speed cam first.

Yeah, nice changes Slice. Mike can definitely help you with the lower back arch. He helped me a lot with that earlier this year. It will help with a lot of things and your back will thank him years later. As for evolvr, if you have a smart phone, that can work as well. I just use my iPhone and a little attachment I put on my bag.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by mvmac

Really nice changes, agree with what saevel is saying, will put something together for ya tomorrow.

Thanks, and that would be awesome!

Originally Posted by cipher

Yeah, nice changes Slice. Mike can definitely help you with the lower back arch. He helped me a lot with that earlier this year. It will help with a lot of things and your back will thank him years later. As for evolvr, if you have a smart phone, that can work as well. I just use my iPhone and a little attachment I put on my bag.

Yeah I just used my Samsung Galaxy S3 for the video, but didn't know if I needed a fast camera, since 30 fps can't always catch enough frames to freeze it at every position.

Ryan M

Holy crap, that video looks awesome. I just watched it with no audio (at work), but even with that I could tell what you were trying to get across. I can't wait to get home and play that with the sound.

Thanks, and if that's the type of thing I can expect with Evolvr, I'll be signing up probably before the end of the week so long as that fps is sufficient for you guys.

Ryan M

Holy crap, that video looks awesome. I just watched it with no audio (at work), but even with that I could tell what you were trying to get across. I can't wait to get home and play that with the sound. Thanks, and if that's the type of thing I can expect with Evolvr, I'll be signing up probably before the end of the week so long as that fps is sufficient for you guys.

Yep, these guys know their stuff. You have a lot of potential that will see some huge improvements with evolvr should you decide to do it. And yes the Fps on your phone should be just fine.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Looks like to me you need to work on your release. PA3 is nowhere to be found. Left shoulder down and shoulders closed as much as possible prior to releasing everything at the ball. Dana dahlquist has a great video explaining p3. It's a lady golfer he's teaching in the video

Originally Posted by minwooyah

Looks like to me you need to work on your release. PA3 is nowhere to be found. Left shoulder down and shoulders closed as much as possible prior to releasing everything at the ball. Dana dahlquist has a great video explaining p3. It's a lady golfer he's teaching in the video

If you think PA3 is nowhere to be found, look at the swing from A1-3.  The issues you're seeing are a result of something else, check out the video I posted.

Mike McLoughlin

If you think PA3 is nowhere to be found, look at the swing from A1-3.  The issues you're seeing are a result of something else, check out the video I posted.

Boy, I really need to memorize what all this stuff means haha.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Boy, I really need to memorize what all this stuff means haha.

No, you don't

But if you ever need a reference http://thesandtrap.com/a/big-list-of-golf-terminology

Mike McLoughlin

No, you don't

But if you ever need a reference http://thesandtrap.com/a/big-list-of-golf-terminology

Awesome, thanks.

Going to take a bunch of slow-motion and partial swings in front of a full length mirror tonight to work on some stuff.

Ryan M

Alright, instead of hitting balls at the range (like I should), I just went and played 9 with a friend. Completely disregarded score, and just played to work on my swing and rhythm.

I struck the ball better than I ever have in my life. I hit one bad Iron shot, and I just pushed it off the toe a little, lack of concentration. Other than that, every iron and hybrid shot was pretty damn good. The only thing I had an issue with, is the distance has increased, and I kept hitting draws. With everything...Driver, 3 wood, hybrid, irons...never before have I been able to consistently hit a draw. Neither of these are really "issues", I just need to figure out my new distances and compensate for a slight draw instead of a slice.

Here's a new video of a couple swings. Starts with a 9 iron to a 135 yard par 3, followed by a 7 iron from 150, which I blasted over the green into the water...first time I've ever been happy about hitting into water. Hit my 7 iron about 175 like it was nothing with a nice draw, heading right at the pin.

Looks like I've gone back to over-swinging a hair (which I expected...this is a lot to remember and isn't all muscle memory yet), but the arch in the back looks gone...I may be relaxing the upper back a little much though. Also, I think I may be rotating my hips too early when comparing this to the Fowler vid that Mike posted.

Either way, so far, so great...and I definitely wasn't expecting immediate results (Nor do I expect the immediate results to continue at this pace). The guy I normally played with was blown away and I may have convinced him to join Evolvr too haha.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

Wanted to hit the range yesterday, but we got a monsoon dump down here, so I just worked on form in front of a mirror. :/

Hopefully I can go today. Need to work on bringing the arms back closer to my thigh before cocking my wrists so the club stays on the right plane, as well as slightly delaying the hip rotation. Also gonna try to straighten out that back a hair more without arching.

So many details, so little time. I have some friendly competition on Saturday morning, so hopefully I can make some small strides by then.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Wanted to hit the range yesterday, but we got a monsoon dump down here, so I just worked on form in front of a mirror. :/

Hopefully I can go today. Need to work on bringing the arms back closer to my thigh before cocking my wrists so the club stays on the right plane, as well as slightly delaying the hip rotation. Also gonna try to straighten out that back a hair more without arching.

So many details, so little time. I have some friendly competition on Saturday morning, so hopefully I can make some small strides by then.

Keep up the good work buddy, it looks like you're making really great progress.

It's a damn shame I have to work on the 4th because Deer Pass in Seville has a $60.00 2-man scramble. I think two bombers would have a decent shot considering we'd nearly reach all Par 4's in one and have 40 yard approaches on those that are longer.

Send me a PM if you're available this weekend and want to meet up for a quick 9 or 18 if you're still in the area.

Wow, your swing is looking pretty good! You're gonna love evolvr.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!