IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

• Administrator
I need to develop that anti-flip gadget I told you about.

Skill?

B-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Skill?

Nope. Picture laser gates and a shock collar that zaps you with varying degrees intensity if you do certain things wrong.

That would be pretty cool because you would be able to tell exactly where your swing started to go bad...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

And when you do you'll be an 8.

Patience, man, and effort. You'll get there if you take the right roads and keep traveling on them.

I agree. Your swing looks pretty darn good until about 1 millisecond before impact when "the flip" shows up. Your backswing looks great, and the first half of the downswing as well. Your hip action is excellent going into the downswing. Your plane looks good. Your hands are deep. Your grip is good. Your posture nice. Pretty much everything I lack ;-)

I wonder how much of the flip action is a mental thing. It almost seems to me that it's impossible for such a nice swing to produce that casting action so late in the swing. I think if you worked on half swings for a while that exaggerate shaft lean at impact - ala the 5sk drills for "weight forward" - you'd start to incorporate the motion into your swing progression. I know from playing lots of baseball that when the human body tries to turn a fluid motion toward striking a specific object, it does funny things. Golf's even worse because the thing is sitting still. Keep it up!

Well, evolvr upload is done, now to wait a couple days until I get my next lesson. Took me about 11 days to turn that last lesson around with an update. I'll have to do better than that to get my 4 uploads a month in. I might have been able to upload one sooner but I never got to the range. I picked up some wiffle balls to hit in the yard so hopefully I can work on things a lot more often.

I agree. Your swing looks pretty darn good until about 1 millisecond before impact when "the flip" shows up. Your backswing looks great, and the first half of the downswing as well. Your hip action is excellent going into the downswing. Your plane looks good. Your hands are deep. Your grip is good. Your posture nice. Pretty much everything I lack

I wonder how much of the flip action is a mental thing. It almost seems to me that it's impossible for such a nice swing to produce that casting action so late in the swing. I think if you worked on half swings for a while that exaggerate shaft lean at impact - ala the 5sk drills for "weight forward" - you'd start to incorporate the motion into your swing progression. I know from playing lots of baseball that when the human body tries to turn a fluid motion toward striking a specific object, it does funny things. Golf's even worse because the thing is sitting still. Keep it up!

Brian is trying to eliminate the flip by getting rid of other issues that he thinks may be contributing to the cause. Hip sway was his first idea and another was that I may have my weight to much toward my toes. The weight towards the toes could very well be an issue because I used to have a problem with being on my heels so I started exaggerating the other way. I'm embracing the small steps to a cure because I really really want to fix this glaring issue with my swing. I'm somewhat encouraged by how quick some of the big changes has come for me from being very dedicated to implementing them. I know that as I go these fixes and changes will become much more long term, and possibly never truly achieved. I know I have a limit to how good I can be, I've no illusions of greatness, but my goal is to hopefully get to around 5 or so. Scratch or better just isn't something I think I have the ability to reach.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Well, evolvr upload is done, now to wait a couple days until I get my next lesson. Took me about 11 days to turn that last lesson around with an update. I'll have to do better than that to get my 4 uploads a month in. I might have been able to upload one sooner but I never got to the range. I picked up some wiffle balls to hit in the yard so hopefully I can work on things a lot more often.

As you probably know, it's not necessarily in your best interests to upload four a month. You aren't baking anything in if you do that. The average, and a good average, is just under 2.

Plus, if everyone started submitting 3-4 a month, we'd have to raise the rates quite a bit or close the site. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As you probably know, it's not necessarily in your best interests to upload four a month. You aren't baking anything in if you do that. The average, and a good average, is just under 2.

Plus, if everyone started submitting 3-4 a month, we'd have to raise the rates quite a bit or close the site. :)

That's understandable, it's just some changes don't take all that long to implement. Like the shortened backswing and this current lesson to stop the hip slide. I'm sure not all lessons, or even most, will be nearly as easy for me to get the hang of.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

League started out HORRIBLE.... 10 over after 3 holes rofl... I got there just in time to tee off basically. So, besides being frustrated by that I see one of the guys I'm playing against hitting practice shot after practice shot off the tee. He's not hitting at the hole, just off into the trees. Still, I was thinking that's pretty screwed up to hit a bunch of practice shots before hand like that. We played the back which starts with a short par 3, I hit my tee shot fat, thinned the chip over the green, next chip I hit about 2 feet short of my target so it didn't make the green and roll out. Another chip and 2 putt for 6. Next hole is a weird par 4 that is only about 260 but has a forced carry of 220 over water. I should hit hybrid at the green every time here but it would hold up play too much to wait for the green to clear. Normal play is 8 iron lay up leaving a safe margin back from the start of the water giving about 80 yards in.  There was wind at the back so I pulled my 9 iron, proceeded to hit a push OB that carried about 170 with the wind. So I get ready to hit my next shot from the tee and one of the guys tells me "if you hit another you are taking 2 penalty strokes".... I said, if that one went OB this is what I'm supposed to do. The other guy says "the rules of the league are to just take a drop where it went out"... I said I use these scores for handicap purposes and I play by USGA rules. So, again they got in my head and I duffed my shot again. I hit over the green on my next shot, hit my pitch just barely short of my landing spot again, chip on and 2 putt for 8..... Next hole dogleg right that you can cut pretty easily if you have some distance, I can cut it with 5i but didn't quite catch it but still ended up in the clear BUT my ball was sitting on some twigs and I was behind a tree. I was plenty far back to be able to get over normally but those twigs worried me so I aimed more left than I should have, caught the shot perfect and the ball ended up in the rocks by a pond. Another penalty stroke.... Low punch under tree ran over green, chip ran long, 2 putt for 7.... 10 over after 3, I'm not even angry at this point, I just laughed it off. Next hole is another short par 3, stuck PW pin high but had a wicked left to right breaker. I missed the putt low side by 2 inches and it ran down hill further than I had for the original putt, but it was an uphill come back putt so I made it easily. Next drive was a block right that flew forever, bounced once and hit a tree but went forward and right of it into the open. hit a 60* wedge on to about 6 feet, lipped out the putt and made par. Next drive par 5, push fade landed in adjacent fairway. I hit my hybrid, struck it perfect and watched it catch to top of a short tree and bounce backwards and right.... SONOFA   hit my hybrid again, perfect strike again but just a little push. 2 chips and one putt later I par again. Next hole tee shot big push slice, estimated yardage wrong and approach was short, lipped out par putt, bogey. Tee shot next hole, overcompensated and pull hooked it, 9 iron out of nasty lie to just under 100 out in fairway, landed approach just short, chubbed chip, 2 putt for double bogey. Last hole, hit a great drive distance wise but straight push into adjacent fairway. Misjudged distance again and/or nuked 7 iron ended up 30 yards behind the green, chip landed just short, chipped on and one putted for bogey....

Biggest bonus, didn't lose any golf balls on the round :-D , I wasn't even upset about my score. I had some pretty crappy breaks and just mental errors at the beginning. In general I did have a one way miss being mostly straight pushes, but we'll see if that holds true over the next week or so before I start counting on it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

" Next drive par 5, push fade landed in adjacent fairway. I hit my hybrid, struck it perfect and watched it catch to top of a short tree and bounce backwards and right.... SONOFA hit my hybrid again, perfect strike again but just a little push. 2 chips and one putt later I par again" I counted six on the above? Tough rounds happen, just rub it off and come back next time!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

" Next drive par 5, push fade landed in adjacent fairway. I hit my hybrid, struck it perfect and watched it catch to top of a short tree and bounce backwards and right.... SONOFA hit my hybrid again, perfect strike again but just a little push. 2 chips and one putt later I par again"

I counted six on the above?

Tough rounds happen, just rub it off and come back next time!

Yeah, 6 haha, I scored it right last night though. They thought I had five and corrected them. Damn tree.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

excuse the bad quality, hopefully you can see what I'm asking, I got my new evolvr lesson. back to the basics, preset drill..... Just want to make sure I'm doing this right. If you can't see well enough I'll redo the video tomorrow.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

excuse the bad quality, hopefully you can see what I'm asking, I got my new evolvr lesson. back to the basics, preset drill..... Just want to make sure I'm doing this right. If you can't see well enough I'll redo the video tomorrow.

I can't see well enough. It looks like you're just pivoting hard left rather than keeping the handle raising and the shaft pointing down toward the ground.

I can't see well enough. It looks like you're just pivoting hard left rather than keeping the handle raising and the shaft pointing down toward the ground.

Ok, I'll get a better video in the morning and work on it. Thanks for getting back to me on this so quickly. Since this has been one of my biggest issues I'm very keen on getting drill done right and hopefully kicking the flip to the curb.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Ok, I'll get a better video in the morning and work on it. Thanks for getting back to me on this so quickly. Since this has been one of my biggest issues I'm very keen on getting drill done right and hopefully kicking the flip to the curb.

So this is what's next for you in evolvr?

So this is what's next for you in evolvr?

Yes.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I included the blunder in the video, but it was the only one I hit poorly. I definitely want to make sure I'm doing this drill correctly. If/when I am, should I just focus on the drill to the exclusion of golfing actual rounds for several days or so before I start doing full swings?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I included the blunder in the video, but it was the only one I hit poorly. I definitely want to make sure I'm doing this drill correctly. If/when I am, should I just focus on the drill to the exclusion of golfing actual rounds for several days or so before I start doing full swings?

Just keep doing the drills, practicing them. You don't take the drills to the course. Your swing is what it is right now. If you do the drills right and change your swing, you should see improvement in your golf game over time. Basically the drills are to fix your full swing. You are just systematically fixing the problems in your swing.

I would say for that drill, get more hip movement through impact. Notice how Erik, in the same drill, really has his hips open, and his arms extended outward keeping that flying wedge. I think you might be a tad too army with that drill.

Also what iron are you using for that drill, and watch your ball position. You want do this drill with a good ball position. That looks kinda back in your stance. Maybe throw down two clubs forming a "Cross" shape, and make sure you are not having that ball too far back.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: