IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I would say I would be pretty accurate. It is definitely possible to have some flip and non flip swings just like with any setting change you make. It's fine to ask though. The ball flight, distance, sound of style are all significantly different when I flip and don't flip.

Jeremie, I'm with Eyad. I doubt there's anywhere near the differences between the swings as you seem to think. Depending on the club, ball position, ground conditions, and all sorts of other things, you can pretty easily trick yourself into thinking that your swing is quite different one to the next, but it's highly unlikely to be.

Feel ain't real and all that… Heck, we taught a +1 handicapper, winner of several Erie area amateur city championships and stuff, and he flipped on EVERY shot. Just got good at timing it with all the golf he played.

All that being said, you ARE making good improvements. Keep at it. The above isn't to discourage at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

I would say I would be pretty accurate. It is definitely possible to have some flip and non flip swings just like with any setting change you make. It's fine to ask though. The ball flight, distance, sound of style are all significantly different when I flip and don't flip.

Jeremie, I'm with Eyad. I doubt there's anywhere near the differences between the swings as you seem to think. Depending on the club, ball position, ground conditions, and all sorts of other things, you can pretty easily trick yourself into thinking that your swing is quite different one to the next, but it's highly unlikely to be.

Feel ain't real and all that… Heck, we taught a +1 handicapper, winner of several Erie area amateur city championships and stuff, and he flipped on EVERY shot. Just got good at timing it with all the golf he played.

All that being said, you ARE making good improvements. Keep at it. The above isn't to discourage at all.

Agreed with Erik and Eyad. Great improvements, but it's highly unlikely you have flip swings and non-flip swings.

Constantine

Agreed with Erik and Eyad. Great improvements, but it's highly unlikely you have flip swings and non-flip swings.

Correct, you can flip it and still hit good shots, just like you can flip it and hit it thin or fat. It's just how the timing worked out. Good shots don't mean that the picture changed all that much from the bad shots.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:
You are flipping *general quote referring to all the responses*

Apparently I was wrong about the flip/non-flip swings. I defer to the experts. However, I must say it seems strange that other swing flaws can happen randomly but a flip has to either be there all the time or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post

Good round today other than those few bad holes.

Yeah, I was pretty much happy with the round given having 4 3 putts and a handful of tee shots that went astray. Ending on a tap in bird on the par 5 last was nice. Your dad is a pretty cool guy, was nice to golf with him.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Apparently I was wrong about the flip/non-flip swings. I defer to the experts. However, I must say it seems strange that other swing flaws can happen randomly but a flip has to either be there all the time or not.

"Other swing flaws" don't happen randomly, either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, I was pretty much happy with the round given having 4 3 putts and a handful of tee shots that went astray. Ending on a tap in bird on the par 5 last was nice. Your dad is a pretty cool guy, was nice to golf with him.

Yeah. He loves to chase geese. That is probably his favorite thing to do.

- Shane

Went ahead and cancelled Evolvr for now. Obviously the 3 lessons I got are still all in need of further ingraining so I'll just focus on that through the winter. I'll periodically post videos here just as a way to keep track of any progress I make. Either way, working on those lessons will get me to key 3 if I can make them permanent aspects of my swing. At this point I'm pretty close to shutting down my golfing for the season after my last few rounds, venturing back into the 100's is not something I find enjoyable.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Went ahead and cancelled Evolvr for now. Obviously the 3 lessons I got are still all in need of further ingraining so I'll just focus on that through the winter. I'll periodically post videos here just as a way to keep track of any progress I make. Either way, working on those lessons will get me to key 3 if I can make them permanent aspects of my swing. At this point I'm pretty close to shutting down my golfing for the season after my last few rounds, venturing back into the 100's is not something I find enjoyable.

Ditto. But then there was that putt on 17 yesterday and the weather is freakin awesome.

- Shane

2 steps forward, 1 step back. Name of the game.

I was shooting in the mid-to-upper 80s last season. This year I struggle for mid 90s...but I'm still happy, because I know my fundamentals and swing are improving, and in the end, my ceiling is going to be a lot higher.

I could have just kept doing what I was doing, and maybe even eventually started golfing in the low-to-mid 80s regularly, but I'm aiming for more than that. Sometimes your present game has to suffer in order your future game to improve. Don't get too discouraged.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

2 steps forward, 1 step back. Name of the game.

I was shooting in the mid-to-upper 80s last season. This year I struggle for mid 90s...but I'm still happy, because I know my fundamentals and swing are improving, and in the end, my ceiling is going to be a lot higher.

I could have just kept doing what I was doing, and maybe even eventually started golfing in the low-to-mid 80s regularly, but I'm aiming for more than that. Sometimes your present game has to suffer in order your future game to improve. Don't get too discouraged.

I'm just focusing on what I've been told at this point. I don't feel like my swing is getting better right now either, more like I'm backsliding. That's why I'm just going to go back and focus on the last 3 lessons until next year.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 3 months later...

Ok, so, unfortunately my plans of a practice area in the garage fell through. My father needed to store things in the garage. So, since that's a bust I was thinking about getting an orange whip or something similar. My question is this, will this help me at all or is it just more of a warm up aid? I was thinking that it would help me eliminate my flip by grooving and ingraining the proper release of the club? If this isn't the case I will work on other means of trying to not lose the progress I've made, however small it was, this year.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

A Boop sighting!!!

Glad to see you haven't completely given up. I'm not sure about the orange whip...I suppose swinging anything with the same golf swing motion during the winter is better than nothing, but I'm sure someone more knowledgable will chime in.

I can sympathize with the garage problem...I have a buddy staying with me (still...much longer than I wanted/thought) so he's taking up my 3rd garage bay (aka, the practice spot). Between that, and my neck issues...I haven't swung a club in 2 months.

Ryan M

A Boop sighting!!!

Glad to see you haven't completely given up. I'm not sure about the orange whip...I suppose swinging anything with the same golf swing motion during the winter is better than nothing, but I'm sure someone more knowledgable will chime in.

I can sympathize with the garage problem...I have a buddy staying with me (still...much longer than I wanted/thought) so he's taking up my 3rd garage bay (aka, the practice spot). Between that, and my neck issues...I haven't swung a club in 2 months.

I was pretty disappointed that my practice plans for the winter got ruined but I can't tell my dad no he can't store things in the garage. I don't want to end up like the beginning of this year when I could barely make contact with the ball for the first month of play.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I was pretty disappointed that my practice plans for the winter got ruined but I can't tell my dad no he can't store things in the garage. I don't want to end up like the beginning of this year when I could barely make contact with the ball for the first month of play.

Yeah, I hear ya. Aren't there still courses open by you? There's no snow yet...go play a round. :)

Ryan M

Yeah, I hear ya. Aren't there still courses open by you? There's no snow yet...go play a round. :)

ROFL, I don't play golf after the temp drops below 50. I think I saw one course that had flags still in the greens though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

ROFL, I don't play golf after the temp drops below 50. I think I saw one course that had flags still in the greens though.

I'd play if I could get someone to come with. Just wear some long johns and layer up. ;)

Ryan M

I'd play if I could get someone to come with. Just wear some long johns and layer up. ;)

I have this thing where I can't play with long sleeves on. I had the same thing when playing pool and bowling. I don't know why, just feels uncomfortable.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!