IGNORED

TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)

Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No real need to keep score.  You know which team is going to win already ;-)

Maybe that's why I put you with Beach... even if you go all MVP again his score should even it out :-P

So for smack-talk purposes, the teams are all the 1s, 2s, 3s, etc?

No, as Golfingdad said, the teams are just A B C and D.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What can I say?  A lot can change in 7 days with my game, let alone 3 months!

'Cause of work crap I haven't been able to practice all week.  Hoping to get to the range today.  Also have a round scheduled tomorrow after work, so I'll know what to expect after that.

Funny thing is, I want to talk trash to Beach but he's on my team

Yeah gotta get some practice in.  Think I've only played twice since the last outing, and that was another Sand Trap outing in Cleveland.  Good thing I have a solid team :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

For those interested, here is the scorecard for Oak Quarry. Everybody will be playing from the blues.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

So what is the first green like?  Lots of trouble?  Hazards?

Narrow, small, and slightly elevated.  Protected by two deep bunkers to the front and right side, and a hazard to the right of the bunkers and over the green.  Long or right are both dead.  There is some undulation short of the green as well making the approach from 50 yards and in a little dicey.  If I recall you have to lay back to about 80 yards off the tee to keep the bunkers out of play.

Short hole, but far from easy.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Oak Quarry #1:

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

And that thing long and right of the green, which is not really in play unless you were to bomb a driver left of the green, is a big boulder. :)

I was actually thinking this would be a good hole for another one of those "How would you play it" type threads.  I'll try and take a bunch of pictures Sunday, from the tee, the landing area, near the green, etc.  Everybody that was not there can come on here and tell us what they would have done and they we can all come back with some actual results.  What we chose to do, how it worked out, would we make the same choice next time, etc, etc.

Narrow, small, and slightly elevated.  Protected by two deep bunkers to the front and right side, and a hazard to the right of the bunkers and over the green.  Long or right are both dead.  There is some undulation short of the green as well making the approach from 50 yards and in a little dicey.  If I recall you have to lay back to about 80 yards off the tee to keep the bunkers out of play.

Short hole, but far from easy.

Hmm, sounds like I should just use my iPW and leave it just 5-10 yards short of the front of the green, but over the trap.

Everybody that was not there can come on here and tell us what they would have done and they we can all come back with some actual results.  What we chose to do, how it worked out, would we make the same choice next time, etc, etc.

I like this idea.  We should all chart our shots for this hole, along with an indication of what type of shot we were going for and how we executed it (or failed to).

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Hmm, sounds like I should just use my iPW and leave it just 5-10 yards short of the front of the green, but over the trap.

You might have to take a bit off of it; with a PW that brings the long/left miss into play.  That's boulder-ville.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I was actually thinking this would be a good hole for another one of those "How would you play it" type threads.  I'll try and take a bunch of pictures Sunday, from the tee, the landing area, near the green, etc.  Everybody that was not there can come on here and tell us what they would have done and they we can all come back with some actual results.  What we chose to do, how it worked out, would we make the same choice next time, etc, etc.

I like this plan. Could be quite a bit of fun (especially  the results for those going for it)

Brandon, Don't forget to choke down too ;)

• Upvote 1

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

You might have to take a bit off of it; with a PW that brings the long/left miss into play.  That's boulder-ville.

You forgot the "i" in iPW.  That's my internet PW.  I would considering my i9i, but that's definitely boulder-ville.

Oak Quarry #1:

Fade driver on the green, 1 putt for eagle, easy ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Go driver or go home.

I agree.  Pakoh should definitely hit driver, and then go home.

Weak ... Why don't you run up there, aim point the thing real quick, then just come back and ace the hole??

AimPoint is too complicated.  I'm taking xerex's advice and I'm going to stop thinking and just hit the ball

Mike McLoughlin

Looking forward to seeing you all there! I'll try to get up early enough to at least grab a cup of coffee at Denny's but no guarantees. Just so we're clear, I'm going 7i/wedge on the first hole. Those who have seen me try to swing a driver will understand why.....

I'll probably be at the OQ range around 5PM, for anybody who may be in that area.

Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!