IGNORED

No roll on my new driver

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sealpuncher

And your user name is shorty.

And it is not designed to conjure images of animal cruelty.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Seriously? No one is going to jump on this one? Why does it always have to be me...? I'll hold back and move on for once!

As long as you are asking (sarcasm), my favorite "Shorty" golfers are in no particular order, then and now:

Bobby Jones

Ben Hogan

Paul Runyan

Gary Player

Corey Pavin

Ben Crenshaw

Fred Funk

Graeme McDowell

How tall is/was Arnold Palmer? Caddied for him one time; 5'9" to 5'10" max.

Majors winners 5'9" or less?

Declare your height when you respond: I am 5'9".

metrybill

If you are 5'9" or under let us know what you play.

Ping Anser Driver 10.5*

Ping G25 4fwd

Adams 2,3,4 Idea Pro hybrids

Bridgestone J40 DPC 5-P irons (1 * flat)

54*, 58* (1* flat)

Putter (34.5", std. )

Originally Posted by Spyder

Seriously? No one is going to jump on this one? Why does it always have to be me...? I'll hold back and move on for once!

Okay, I'll bite.

At the distance the OP is hitting, it is a little more than a minor miracle that he can see that it had "no roll" 290 yards out.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shorty

And it is not designed to conjure images of animal cruelty.

Perhaps he is an ex or current Delta force member, and the Seal he is punching works for the navy?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Everyone on the internet hits at least 350 yards, you might need a stiffer shaft.

Joe Paradiso

I believe that he hits that far, but I am amazed he can see it clearly enough when it lands to see it did not roll.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

If your swing is somewhat technically correct along w/ address and ball position, then the stock shaft is probably soft and/or your loft is too high

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I don't hit 290 drives but I was using the stock stiff mid kick in my ZL 9.5. The ball would hit and roll maybe 1 to 2 yards. Bought a Fuel high kick stiff, get apx 10 to 15 yards roll out more. Could be just me but the high kick is working well for my roll out . Now I need to get my middle iron game to work. That may take some help from someone with a couch, and a degree, on the wall.

Originally Posted by metrybill

As long as you are asking (sarcasm), my favorite "Shorty" golfers are in no particular order, then and now:

Bobby Jones

Ben Hogan

Paul Runyan

Gary Player

Corey Pavin

Ben Crenshaw

Fred Funk

Graeme McDowell

How tall is/was Arnold Palmer? Caddied for him one time; 5'9" to 5'10" max.

Majors winners 5'9" or less?

Declare your height when you respond: I am 5'9".

metrybill

If you are 5'9" or under let us know what you play.

Ping Anser Driver 10.5*

Ping G25 4fwd

Adams 2,3,4 Idea Pro hybrids

Bridgestone J40 DPC 5-P irons (1 * flat)

54*, 58* (1* flat)

Putter (34.5", std.)

Ian Woosnam ?  *not sure about spelling

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

No takers on favorite "Shorty" hitters?

How about you Big Galutes, who can't it out of your shadows? Or, Fess up.

Or, you ht a 7 iron up to 170 yds. +, and I hit a 4hybrid, and I beat you.

Hogan story:  '

A Champions' Member approaches Hogan in the mid 60''s to have him check out and coach a player who was hitting  165 yd. 7 irons. Hogan says, "Bring him to me when he can hit that same 7iron 125 yds." The young man never got a Hogan lesson.

I may have mentioned before that my username has nothing to do with my physical stature. Let's say that I am "within normal limits" in virtually every every. In one area, which I won't name, for fear of offending our junior readers, let's just say that  I "exceed" by a considerable measure the hopes and expectations of those I meet where that part of my anatomy is relevant.

If anyone here thinks that the username "sealpuncher" is not offensive I'd be quite surprised.

But then again, it means we don't have to guess about the character of the man. He's displayed it quite openly.

But I'm sure the macho OP with the Ben Hagan or Walter Hogan driver is a muscular and superb specimen.

Such a dilemma he has, and he can't even carry it 300 on average. Pathetic.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I may have mentioned before that my username has nothing to do with my physical stature. Let's say that I am "within normal limits" in virtually every every. In one area, which I won't name, for fear of offending our junior readers, let's just say that  I "exceed" by a considerable measure the hopes and expectations of those I meet where that part of my anatomy is relevant. If anyone here thinks that the username "sealpuncher" is not offensive I'd be quite surprised. But then again, it means we don't have to guess about the character of the man. He's displayed it quite openly.  But I'm sure the macho OP with the Ben Hagan or Walter Hogan driver is a muscular and superb specimen. Such a dilemma he has, and he can't even carry it 300 on average. Pathetic.

I am amazed at your comeback capability. Must be a common trait amongst low handicappers.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I could care less what anyone's user names are. If you don't like it, don't read it. It is a free country and you can name yourself whatever you want. I don't think his name is offensive at all. This is a pretty petty complaint.

- Jered

Originally Posted by jclark

I could care less what anyone's user names are. If you don't like it, don't read it. It is a free country and you can name yourself whatever you want. I don't think his name is offensive at all. This is a pretty petty complaint.

Sorry but this is one of my pet peeves. The proper phrase is "couldn't care less." If you could care less, that means you do care.

Sorry but this is one of my pet peeves. The proper phrase is "couldn't care less." If you could care less, that means you do care.

Thanks for that, your right. If you see anything else wrong please and let me now :)

- Jered

To the OP: You should've gotten fitted when you bought the driver. Go with the straighter combo. Your Taylormade is probably like a 13 degree when measured and you probably could take off more spin from technique than changing equipment.

Also, which college do you play for? The only reason I ask is because in another thread you said you managed to go from a complete beginner to where you are in 3 months. I have a lot easier time believing you hit the ball that far some of the time than believing you got to a legit 12 in 3 months though. I guess the coaches there are superb and I'm going straight over there.

Being able to carry the ball 290 is a gift, that's like getting a supermodel girlfriend and wanting her to be a genius and a great caddy, too.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!