IGNORED

My Swing (Hacker James)

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right. That was his commentary when he reviewed my swing (The one where I am dressed in black). The only reason I pointed it out, was to be sure you associated his dialogue to the correct swing he was referring to as that was the specific purpose of his commentary in this instance.

oh, just to clairify so you don't get the wrong idea. If you go to the main thread of "Member Swings" there is a highlighted portion called "Thread Rules", it lays out the purposes of the posts in the thread and suggests that commentary that are not relative to the particular members swing, should be placed elsewhere such as Instructional and Playing thread.  I was not sure you had clicked on that since you only recently joined. This helps ensure the thread stays on topic and not lead off to another tangent.  That is why I thought your question was to me.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is painful to watch.   Working on left eye dominance and still having trouble with in to out path.

1. Excessive Head Movement

2. Jerky take away

3. difficulty in swing path

4. trying to maintain left eye dominance due to "Upper Right Hyper" (Lazy Eye ) Vision.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Painful is right-Why do you slow down after halfway down in your downswing?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Why?  I didn't know that I was. I don't think I could slow down once a down swing is started. I will consider your advice however. (or take it elsewhere).  Thanks.

"James"

Hang in there, James. You've got quite a list already so good luck. I'll just add that your downswing looks tentative, like you're holding back. I once watched a baseball game where the catcher was returning the ball to the pitcher faster than the pitcher was actually pitching. The announcers were having quite a time clocking the speeds. Well. Your backswing looks almost as fast as your downswing. That's how tentative it looks. I'd recommend feeling athletic and letting loose. Relax. Then see what needs fixing.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

could very well be. I may in fact be holding back a little due to the fact that when I really hit one, it has sailed over the back drop into the next door neighbors property. I do feel a little leery sometimes. In actual play, my drives are from 220 to 240 yards sometimes a little longer depending on roll out. The laundry list is not all that long having mostly to do with keeping hands in and not coming OTT. (the one affects the other obviously). When I concentrate on taking hands in AND swinging out. I usually have a fairly clean hit. You are also right about "letting loose". I noticed this last time out on the course towards the end, I had not been using much wrist cock at all and when I did start to feel the club head, swinging a little looser, I was considerably longer and straighter.

Thank You.

"James"

>Randall...

I've been thinking about what you and the other poster said regarding the tentativeness.  When I am out on the course, I find that for the most part, I am driving about as far as whomever I am paired with. Some are guys in their 30's and appear to be good golfers. The ones who do outdrive me only do so by maybe 20 to 30 yards or at the most 50 (measured by distance between blue and white or red markers). Given the age differences of nearly 40 years I don't feel as though its all that bad. Maybe its a different mind set. During my making videos, I tend to me a little more focused (and I should be), but perhaps a little too cautious?   I think next time, I will take my tripod and camera to a driving range where I can just let loose and see if there is a difference.  If not, then I should probably take the other poster's advice. (not that I took it all that seriously, but maybe he was being serious, I don't know).

Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Thanks again

"James"

No quitting! Love the game. Try the range camera- I bet that is part of it, since you are hitting a decent distance. Heading to the course myself now- should be nice day!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

No quitting! Love the game. Try the range camera- I bet that is part of it, since you are hitting a decent distance. Heading to the course myself now- should be nice day!

Have fun!  Don't worry I would not quit just because of someone's untoward comments, (ribbing?)_ on a "game". Been around for forty years, played a decent game and will again should I choose to. As I have mentioned several times, I was away from the game for years at a time pursing other things i.e. motorcycles, real estate, brokerage, sales, boating, you name it.  Right now I have a chain link fence to  cover with privacy slats. I also need to get a real golf impact net.

"James"

Had a great time and shot my best ever 80. For me, my swing never got consistent until I got rid of my over the top move. I think I see that in your latest video. Have you been working on an inside to outside path? I always hoped that by starting with my lower body on the downswing instead of my arms that my OTT would disappear. Nope. It took more work and an exaggerated Jim Furyk emulation session at the range. Helped me get the feel! I'm sure people at the range thought I was a dork for the dramatic Furyk move but it helped me undo the out to in pattern. Maybe try a few like that (more exaggerated the better)?

My Swing

yes, been working some on in to out path. Best results though hard to describe are when I sort of use a "non-chalant- dropping to the slot"  move. I would not call it any sort of a Furyk  loop, but some of that feeling maybe. Main thing is keep right elbow closer on the down swing. I get the angle by wrist cock rather than raising arms that would result in dreaded chicken wing.  Takes very little effort to get to parallel which I am not really trying on purpose to do. "Stretch" showed me with "analyzer" what I was doing, my hands never really got "in". Even at that, I sometimes was able to get to the correct impact position, but as he pointed out, it is hard to do that consistently. Funny thing is, that although I am OTT sometimes, I do not really slice but hit it pretty much straight or even a baby draw once in awhile.

Congrats on a good round of 80. That will be my next bench mark.  I've been hitting 91-92 lately with some really good 9 hole numbers of 40-41 (but not in the same round).

Anyway, fence is nearly completed. Had to quit as the humidity kicked my ass.

"James"

yes, been working some on in to out path. Best results though hard to describe are when I sort of use a "non-chalant- dropping to the slot"  move. I would not call it any sort of a Furyk  loop, but some of that feeling maybe. Main thing is keep right elbow closer on the down swing. I get the angle by wrist cock rather than raising arms that would result in dreaded chicken wing.  Takes very little effort to get to parallel which I am not really trying on purpose to do. "Stretch" showed me with "analyzer" what I was doing, my hands never really got "in". Even at that, I sometimes was able to get to the correct impact position, but as he pointed out, it is hard to do that consistently. Funny thing is, that although I am OTT sometimes, I do not really slice but hit it pretty much straight or even a baby draw once in awhile.

Congrats on a good round of 80. That will be my next bench mark.  I've been hitting 91-92 lately with some really good 9 hole numbers of 40-41 (but not in the same round).

Anyway, fence is nearly completed. Had to quit as the humidity kicked my ass.

Yah I'm still OTT sometimes, and I can't shake it totally. Good luck with all the ups and downs of the phase you're in. Maybe you'll string together two of those good 9's soon- crazy when a good round sneaks up on you. My first low 80s round came right after a 98!  But then I drifted back up to high 80s for a while. Every round has a few key holes that decide which direction the scores go. Today I was +3 after 4 holes, thinking "oh well, just another bogey golf day, I guess." Then birdie, par. Suddenly +2 after 6 looks like one of my best rounds.

My Swing

short game. chip-pitch-flop/lob

Just for change of pace, and in only 1 take:

1. Chip shot hands forward, shaft lean, ball back in stance     Result: medium trajectory, some roll, felt like stinger

2. More of a pitch from center of stance, more body turn,   drop down into the slot (paint brush)    result: higher, soft landing, less roll

3. With lob wedge, open stance, club face wide open using the  bounce.    result, High trajectory, super soft landing, no roll.  (low percentage shot, but pulled it off in only 1 take)

"James"

HJ, I am no pro but seeing as you've alienated most of the great instructors who offer free advice on this forum (you might want to reevaluate your conduct in that regard) I would suggest you work on your weight shift and swing further (farther) to the right, it may help with the OTT, I know it has for me.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I asked him a legit question about his downswing and got no answer. So now just get back to the swing-That is the point of these threads right? IT is a bad swing and you dont seem to be aware of the many ways your body is moving-I suggest lots of short fast swings that have power at the Right time-Not halfway down.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator

OT comments removed, remaining posts that had some related points cleaned.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I asked him a legit question about his downswing and got no answer. So now just get back to the swing-That is the point of these threads right? IT is a bad swing and you dont seem to be aware of the many ways your body is moving-I suggest lots of short fast swings that have power at the Right time-Not halfway down.

What? I did answer your question. You asked "why" I slowed down, and I said that I did not think that I did, and I don't think I could anyway once down swing was started. As for the swing itself, I acknowledged myself that it was bad. There are other swings I have posted and all are a little different, each having its own problem I was working on at the time.  Unless there was another post, that was the only question I saw that required an answer.  I am pretty much aware of what is needed. I have also noticed that some of the videos I post have had "pauses" that would go away when played a second or third time.  I have no idea of where they come from.  I am NOT saying that is what you saw, just that it has occurred on several occasions.  Thank you.

"James"

HJ, I am no pro but seeing as you've alienated most of the great instructors who offer free advice on this forum (you might want to reevaluate your conduct in that regard) I would suggest you work on your weight shift and swing further (farther) to the right, it may help with the OTT, I know it has for me.

I don't know of any others that I may have alienated, saving the one. If any others were, they did not make it known to me, at least not directly. But Thank you anyway. I have never asked for any of their help and of the instructors/mods on this forum, only one ever commented on any of my swings and that was Mike M., and one early on from Mcevets (sp) who said at the time he was going to wait for a "real" video as the first was just camera familiarization.  I did get some very helpful instruction from a couple of scratch players and/or low handicap players who,in  my opinion, have a better way of explaining things in a way that I can relate to.  There are several that have been most helpful not just on my swing, but on topics in general and we have exchanged ideas freely.

"James"

Note: This thread is 2580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!