IGNORED

My Swing (Hacker James)

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

on a personal note. There may be one or two persons I do not particularly care for, but I still give them credit where it is due. Hell, they don't think much of me either, but that's alright.

No worries, I saw myself on video a couple of weeks ago and cringed as some changes I made were better, but others, not so much. Schedule appointment with my instructor yesterday, cringed at video, made corrections to a few priorities so I can move forward. Tough game.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Distance wise.  I went back to tried and true methodology in having shallow AoA , and attention to keeping more weight on lead foot. Incorporated an old training aid of mine (hit under the coat hangar), and in practice seems to help.  For awhile I think I was trying to move the ball to accommodate the angle rather than vice versa. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

What kind of flights and distances are you expecting from your irons?

Also, what are the actual problems? I'm not sure what the issue is other than a shallow AoA?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

oh, I dunno.  Just a lot shorter than they used to be. My 7 iron should go 145 and now only about 120. PW is just under 100. Maybe temporary. I know that  I did notice ground contact was pretty far back just off right toe, so I thought by moving weight forward, I would move contact spot also. It seems to be working, but won't know till I get back on the course. By shallow, I do not mean in-line, but perhaps I am looking for -3 or something. Fairway woods, hybrids, and Driver are okay. I was never very long off the tee, maybe 240 or so when I was younger, now around 190-210.  Flights are fairly straight when struck well. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

25 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

oh, I dunno.  Just a lot shorter than they used to be. My 7 iron should go 145 and now only about 120. PW is just under 100. Maybe temporary. I know that  I did notice ground contact was pretty far back just off right toe, so I thought by moving weight forward, I would move contact spot also. It seems to be working, but won't know till I get back on the course. By shallow, I do not mean in-line, but perhaps I am looking for -3 or something. Fairway woods, hybrids, and Driver are okay. I was never very long off the tee, maybe 240 or so when I was younger, now around 190-210.  Flights are fairly straight when struck well. 

Fat toe shots can do this. Try aiming for a spot outside the ball and about 2 inches past the ball. Farther if you need to.

Just for reference, if you hit your driver around 200 you should expect carry distances as in the chart below for 85-ish mph:

CarryDistanceSwingSpeedChart.jpg

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Fat toe shots can do this. Try aiming for a spot outside the ball and about 2 inches past the ball. Farther if you need to.

thanks,will give that a try also.

"James"

Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!