IGNORED

Colored Golf Balls??

T.J.K.
Note: This thread is 6081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

......like the shafts in half of the drivers of the TaylorMade staffers. You guys dont think they are all playing that Reax shaft do you? Paint can be very confusing to people watching on TV.

Yup noticed that,

as if they are playing stock shafts.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could buy tons of boxes of ONE Blacks and ONE Platinums and hope you get one of those silver balls that enters you in the drawing to play a round with Tiger.

What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

• Administrator
Yup noticed that,

Very, very few of them paint their shafts. The shaft manufacturers wouldn't like that at all and TaylorMade could probably get sued - you can't make a deal with one company to provide them a monopoly or whatever.

A lot of them, then, use the stock shafts in the r7 drivers, yes. Now, they have a far wider selection of that REAX/ROMBAX shaft than we do (one weight, etc.), but they're pretty good shafts, and with the movable weights, the shafts are often not quite as big a concern - they have more ability to change the performance by tweaking the weights a little. Anyway, that has nothing to do with balls, so let's get back to that... I'd play with a goofy colored ball for fun, but just once or twice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How about the old ping two color balls. I found an old one in my bucket of balls and played it in a round with my buddies for some chuckles. However, I had a really good round so I said I was going to get some on ebay. I thought I could get some pretty cheap since they are so old. Boy was I off, come to find that certain colored balls were going for $100+. Others were still relativly cheap but I wasn't going to spend $3-5 for a 10 year old ball. Any how, they are really cool balls and look neat when you hit them.

X460 Tour Driver
S2H2 4 wood
mp32 irons
MP T Black Nickel 51&56 Wedges
Answer Putter

Very, very few of them paint their shafts. The shaft manufacturers wouldn't like that at all and TaylorMade could probably get sued - you can't make a deal with one company to provide them a monopoly or whatever.

There is a lot more equipment used on tour that is not what it seems than you think. I have a buddy that builds clubs for tour pros in AZ, and he lets me in on some of the secrets now and then. Anyway...... you are right iacas, this thread is about colored balls..... so back to that.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Thanks guys for all the replies. I really want a red ball. I don't know why, it's just my favorite color. Maybe I will try the Noodle Ice balls and see how they play.

i know some girls who can hook you up with some blue balls

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

RED Nike Mojo Balls. The Karma kind, only one comes in every dozen, but i found on ebay someone selling 36 of the red

Nice.......Does anyone know what these balls compare to playability wise? I haven't played a Mojo before.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

i asked that same question one time, and a bunch of people told me..... "colored balls are only for girls".

Grom
Hibore Driver 10.5
Hibore Fairway 15 deg
Hibore Hybrid 19 deg
Launchers 4-PW & D 588 Gun Metal 56 deg White Hot XG #9

the mojo's are good balls. I won a box and i was impressed

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

i asked that same question one time, and a bunch of people told me..... "colored balls are only for girls".

That's okay. Each to his own in my opinion.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

i played my first round sunday
and played w/ a VOLVIK CRYSTAL BALL Lemonade color
and could see it very well

http://www.volvikgolfballs.com/cryst...0-Lemonade.jpg

my cousin played w/ a Slazenger
a blue one till he lost it and then a yellow one
we could see both of them well also

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/galaxy/pro...JVUP5M8R8V2T6A

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

My step-brother played a yellowball last time I played with him. I don't remember who made them, just that they were cheap. Like $9 for 15. Top Flite maybe? It was his 2nd time ever being on the course, so he wasn't concerned about the performance of the ball. They were definitely easy to find, and we always knew which one was his.

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

The yellow and orange Precept xp3 is on sale at Austads. I have read that they are actually hard to find.

I used to play with the cheap yellow colored Top Flite's. Low performance ball, for certain. But they work decent enough for the muni courses where you might actually need an other-than-white colored ball due to the poor course maintenance (white clover and daisies everywhere).

If Precept makes one, I might give 'em a try.
What's in My Bag?

Driver: 10.5° KZG SP-700 with Fujikura SIX Regular Flex Shaft | 2h: Adams A7OS Stiff | 3h: Adams A3OS Stiff | 4h: Nike Slingshot Steel | 5i-PW: Adams A2OS | Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56° 3-dot | Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60° 3-dot | Putter: Fisher CTS-9 Polyurethane Face

Note: This thread is 6081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!