IGNORED

Colored Golf Balls??

T.J.K.
Note: This thread is 6081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I see a colored ball, or here about colored balls I think of that scene from Tin Cup when Costner was playing with the shovel and bat.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

• 1 month later...
I carry a few titelist yellow's in my bag for dusk, I have trouble seeing and the Yellow balls are really easy for me to pickup on the course. I dont really like them but they do help me see in low light conditions.

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

• 2 months later...
Anyone use colored balls?

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

I haven't in years, but if they made some in the mid priced or better balls and I could keep harassment from my companions to minimum I would keep a sleeve or two around for low light conditions. They were definitely easier to follow and find near dusk or on cloudy days.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I tried the optic orange fad (I said "fad") ball years ago when in high school.

I remember seeing Stuart Cink use a black Nike ball in a PGA tour event last year or the year before and wondered if a new fad would start. Obviously it didn't, the only other colored golf balls I've seen are the pinks used by Paula Creamer, she's hot.

Would I now use a ball that is not white? No.

Driver: Ping Rapture 9*
3metal: Titleist 904F 15*
Hybrids: Adams Idea 18* and 20*
Irons: Titleist 690CB (4-PW)
Wedgies: Titleist Oil Can 54* and 58*Putter: Ping AllyBall: Pro V1x

I am so used to watch out for white balls, that I have problems to find a colored ball.

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

This fall I did use some orange balls when the leaves started falling. It was easier to find them.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

This fall I did use some orange balls when the leaves started falling. It was easier to find them.

This is good to hear. I always thought that white would stand out most in the fall.

I've been meaning to pick up some colored balls lately since now that its late in the year and I golf alone I have trouble picking up the ball when it comes off the club face... especially when it is bright out or I mishit. There is a pretty popular new item that is talked about over on the FGI forums that I plan on ordering and trying out soon. The price is a bit high, but it looks like a great product. I'm not trying to schlep it as I'm just an average consumer... but I think that it just looks so bright that I'll never lose a ball again.

Vision Golf Ball UV Yellow
http://visiongolfball.com/index.php?...d=11&Itemid;=15
Raor~

Driver: Integra SoooLong Quadratic 10.5* with Innovate 603 graphite shaft
3 Wood: Classic Tour HiGHLY 15* with Integra I-Drive graphite shaft (HiBore Clone)
Irons: Tour + C-Quence 3-SW Irons (Nike Pro Combo OS clones)Wedge: T7 TM Series 60* Lob Wedge (TaylorMade R7 Clone)Putter: STX Snyc 9750...

The last time I played I was using those yellow Nike practice balls. Very easy to find in the green grass... just don't hit it in the leaves and expect to find it anytime soon

And no... I don't have an excuse for using practice balls.

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

The orange is easier to see at just about all times and you won't get deceived by range balls or old, lost balls. They're just not "cool"; probably because Top-Flite sold millions of orange and chartruese balls in 15 ball packs for about $7.00 a pack.

Ladies balls come in just baout every pastel shade possible now - yellow, blue, pink, green, etc.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

The orange is easier to see at just about all times and you won't get deceived by range balls or old, lost balls. They're just not "cool"; probably because Top-Flite sold millions of orange and chartruese balls in 15 ball packs for about $7.00 a pack.

I would pay money to watch a round of golf and the mental anguish that the golfer who uses a green ball would go through.

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

I use Maxfli Noodle ICE every once in a while.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Back in the 80's, when Jerry Pate was using the orange ball, I purchased a box and fell in love with them! I have a hard time picking up the ball in certain sky conditions, and these balls looked like basketballs to me while flying about 200 yards out!

Then at the end of that summer, I was golfing with some buddies and smacked my bright orange ball over a blind fairway (uphill then downhill). When I crested the hill, I couldn't believe what I found...thousands of bright orange maple leaves that had just dropped from the trees. I never did find that ball. I just know that it was the best drive of my life, 350 yards, at least!

From time to time, now, I pick up the bright yellow, but they just don't look like those old orange beauties!

I have some yellow ones that I got in a used bag I bought.

I prefer white though.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Note: This thread is 6081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!