IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think it should!

How would you like to have this lie? -

I would just keep walking to the next hole.. not losing a hand or leg for a stupid game of golf :)

Ahhhhhhh, isn't he cute?  He's just a baby!

:-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I think it should!

How would you like to have this lie? -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

I would just keep walking to the next hole.. not losing a hand or leg for a stupid game of golf :)

Ahhhhhhh, isn't he cute?  He's just a baby!

He looks like a pair of boots just waiting to be made.

Tyler Martin

Lemme share a little story...at the risk of this thread going (even further) off topic -

That pic of the two crocs (not gators) on the cart path that I posted in the Crandon thread? The bigger one, closer to the camera, did not move off the path all day. He was there from sun-up to sundown. Now, it's not unusual for a croc to stay in one place for a long time as they are cold-blooded and like the sun & the warmth of the cart path, but we started getting concerned when he didn't move at all. On closer inspection, we saw some blood coming from his tail & he was turning pale. We thought he was sick. So we called Animal Control and of course, we got an answering machine.

So it was getting dark & we're all standing around the cart area. Eddie, one of the cart attendants says to me, "I think he's dying!" He then turns to me and says, "Go out there and help him!"

I look at him like he had plum lost his mind. "And what would you like me to do, Ed," I said, "Give him mouth-to-freekin-mouth?"

Fortunately, the next morning, he was gone from the path, so some time during the night he slunked back into the water. And last week I saw him again on the bank by the 4th hole, looking all healthy and happy.

The pic I was referring to -

I will take my free relief and move on, I won't be pressured by you guys to play that ball!

You sir, are a smart man!

All kidding aside, they're usually pretty skittish and will generally scoot off if you get to close......  BUT they can move faster than you would ever believe and I don't mess with 'em at all!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yeah I get asked a lot, "Will they attack?"

Only if it's a mama and you're getting near her babies. Otherwise, nah. They're chill. Besides, you'er bigger than them so their instincts say to leave you alone.

Now, small children or dogs? Different story. About a month back a lady said she lost her dog on the course. I asked what kind of dog & she said a chihuahua. Sorry hon - that was lunch.

And David, you're right - in a straight line they can outrun you. They just can't move laterally very well.

Now, small children or dogs? Different story. About a month back a lady said she lost her dog on the course. I asked what kind of dog & she said a chihuahua. Sorry hon - that was lunch,

Probably more like a light snack or appetizer.

Tyler Martin

That being said - never knew a croc or alligator could outrun a human in a straight line.

They can't. Not really.

They are extremely quick and can "run" for very short distances. So if get too close to one, an alligator or crocodile could certainly catch you if they wanted, but likely more because of reaction time and your having to change directions. But they aren't going to run you down.

But anyway, back to handicaps. I haven't posted a round in a few months, mainly because I haven't played one that wasn't a scramble since October. So no movement for me.

Tyler Martin

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

That being said - never knew a croc or alligator could outrun a human in a straight line.

They can't. Not really.

They are extremely quick and can "run" for very short distances. So if get too close to one, an alligator or crocodile could certainly catch you if they wanted, but likely more because of reaction time and your having to change directions. But they aren't going to run you down.

But anyway, back to handicaps. I haven't posted a round in a few months, mainly because I haven't played one that wasn't a scramble since October. So no movement for me.

I think I'm going to keep my interactions with crocs and alligators to a minimum. :dance:

I just signed up to get an official handicap.  Kind of sucks that it didn't let me post the last few rounds I played this season b/c depending on where the course is, the system doesn't record scores after a certain date in the year

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I just signed up to get an official handicap.  Kind of sucks that it didn't let me post the last few rounds I played this season b/c depending on where the course is, the system doesn't record scores after a certain date in the year

Yeah, unless you're in an area that has a winter season (Florida, Texas, etc.) then winter scores aren't allowed.

Here's a good chart that shows the seasons for each state.

Tyler Martin

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Yeah, unless you're in an area that has a winter season (Florida, Texas, etc.) then winter scores aren't allowed.

Yeah, I didn't know that.

Kind of sucked because we had a couple gorgeous days in November.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Nice link.  I clicked for my state (Missouri), and it gives me a different date than my local course told me.  They told me we were inactive starting Nov 1, so I started playing in "practice mode"--dropping extra balls, etc.

Now I see that we were active until Nov 14. :hmm:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Is there a certain amount of rounds required to keep ones official handicap?

It's technically the best 10 rounds of your last 20. So 20 rounds is the number. I am not sure if you can have an official one with less rounds.

It's technically the best 10 rounds of your last 20. So 20 rounds is the number. I am not sure if you can have an official one with less rounds.

Once you have 20 scores, its the best 10.  Until that point, go by this chart:

You can't have an official handicap prior to playing at least 5 rounds.  (This chart is from the USGA Handicap Manual, Section 10 )

No change here.  Did realize, though, that I'm pretty sure I could easily knock a stroke, or even two, off of my handicap by doing nothing but moving back a set of tees.

This is totally true.  One of my regular courses is quite easy and wide open (Woodley Lakes).  But the back tees are pretty long, which makes the differentials there much better than they feel like they should be given how easy the course is:

Blue:   6,805 yards, 71.9/119

White: 6,528 yards, 70.5/117

There's no way I shoot 1.5 strokes worse from the blue tees.  On average I must gain at least a 1 point in average differential from playing the blues versus the whites there.

Though there are some courses where this would not be true.  As someone who's pretty long, if playing a shorter set of tees turns a bunch of 400-420 par 4s into 360-380 par 4s, then suddenly I can tee off with a 3i or even 4i instead of 3w/driver and still be hitting a scoring iron into the green.  Then the percentage of the time I end up in a penal spot off the tee drops significantly and I will probably score much better.  Just turns out that at this course that doesn't really happen, just makes the shorter par 4s even shorter and the longer par 4s slightly less long, but doesn't really push any of them over that threshold for me, and only helps a ton on one par 3, turning a 6i-8i, depending on tee placement, into a wedge.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 1188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!