Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
APrince

the add pop up is annoying

11 posts in this topic

every time i go somewhere on this forum, that stupid little floating ad pops up. sure it says i can close it but it never lets me. please get rid of it.

i mean if it were to open once and i could close it, well fine, but over and over and over - it makes me feel like not coming back here.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I like the add that's selling a "glove" that cures any slice! I can only presume it costs $300 and comes with 6 free lessons!

Originally Posted by APrince

every time i go somewhere on this forum, that stupid little floating ad pops up. sure it says i can close it but it never lets me. please get rid of it.

What ad? You have to be more specific.

Additionally, I've never seen an ad you can't close, and they only activate when you hover over them for three seconds (if you're talking about the relatively new interactive ads).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't get those, because i run ad-block on Mozilla or Chrome browsers. It kills a ton of ads for me.

I run google chrome and don't get any pop ups here, although a rare popup from different sites will occasionally breach the wall.  Maybe it's malware on your computer, OP.  Do you see the same ad on other websites besides TST?

this is the only site that pops up a hovering ad bar. its on the bottom of the screen shot. it even has a close option but i cant ever close it.

i changed some browser setting and it comes less but it always pops up eventually. sometimes on every single post i look at.

i get the need for ad revenue, because this site needs to be paid for, but its constantly harassing me and becoming an annoyance.

Originally Posted by APrince

this is the only site that pops up a hovering ad bar. its on the bottom of the screen shot. it even has a close option but i cant ever close it.

You'll note that you're not logged in. Logged in users don't ever see that floating ad at the bottom of the browser.

Originally Posted by saevel25

I don't get those, because i run ad-block on Mozilla or Chrome browsers. It kills a ton of ads for me.

To you and any others who run AdBlock, I'd request that you disable it for thesandtrap.com. We feel we provide a LOT of GOOD stuff for free, and we'd appreciate it if you could return the favor of letting us make a penny or two.

Originally Posted by iacas

You'll note that you're not logged in. Logged in users don't ever see that floating ad at the bottom of the browser.

To you and any others who run AdBlock, I'd request that you disable it for thesandtrap.com. We feel we provide a LOT of GOOD stuff for free, and we'd appreciate it if you could return the favor of letting us make a penny or two.

i'd be glad to rack up ad's for rewards. maybe you can reward points for ads. ill rack up 10000 views for a 60 degree wedge and new bulleyes style putter, if youll ship it to oz too

Originally Posted by APrince

i'd be glad to rack up ad's for rewards. maybe you can reward points for ads. ill rack up 10000 views for a 60 degree wedge and new bulleyes style putter, if youll ship it to oz too

How about you get to access a great forum with tons of free advice, in exchange for stuff on the periphery of the page that pays our bills and allows us to keep operating the site for free?

That's a nice reward.

Originally Posted by bddarnell

I recommend Firefox with the Ad-Block Plus add-on.

And I recommend you not use any ad blocking software for reasons stated above. Or pay the $29 to become a Supporter and disable the ads if you want. But they're usually relevant, and they pay the bills while you get to enjoy the site for free.

Also, again, the "pop-up" (which isn't a pop-up) ad only appears when you're not logged in.