IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

I wanted to put this as a reference for me for later.  I am really not sure how to read the results too much, All I know is that I hate the exiting of my hands, it looks like I am kind of forcing it and I think that is because I am coming around my body too much instead of swinging freely out to right field.  From everything I read, I am pretty sure I should be coming down shallower than the back swing angle.. I think I should be coming down a little more on that elbow line, but as you can see from the start the line is draw slightly above my elbow..

I know everything works together, but I think if I can start swinging out, this will automatically make my body swing on a tighter back swing with less over reaching by the arms.. Just putting that out there..  Any ideas?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

All I know is that I hate the exiting of my hands, it looks like I am kind of forcing it and I think that is because I am coming around my body too much instead of swinging freely out to right field.

"Swinging freely out to right field" is a great way to have massive hook problems. If you're on evolvr, stop thinking for yourself and do as asked. Be a Stupid Monkey. :-)

From everything I read, I am pretty sure I should be coming down shallower than the back swing angle.

Look at frame 5. That being higher indicates that you are swinging out to the right. Also, so what if you're on the same plane as your backswing? As long as the plane on the downswing intersects the ball the whole time, who cares how steep or shallow it is. Shallow and intersecting on the downswing leads to more curve with varying AoA and greater chances of goofy contact.

You're overthinking this.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"Swinging freely out to right field" is a great way to have massive hook problems.

I can attest to this. Last season I really focused on swinging hard to the right because my path was sooo bad. I actually traced chalklines on my mat, one target line and one swing line at about 20* to the right. It helped my path and I learned some stuff about what it feels like to come from the inside but I also hit some pretty huge hooks, and I mean boomin' hooks, I thought a couple of them were gonna hit me in the back of the head.

:bugout:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

ok, can I just say something..  I hate my swing right now.. ok, I said it.. I feel much better now!

so much to improve..

Back swing: I think I still have too weak of a grip, getting to a better A3, but still over compensating for the lack of tension right after A3 and thus over reaching in A4

Down swing: I am not able to come down flat enough and thus not able to swing out to right field, I need my right elbow to really go towards my belly button, but not able to do it, and thus there is too much space at A6 between my elbow and body.  I hate how I come across the ball at impact and my exit is gross!

We'll see what our friends in Evolvr can help us with.

I also add this @Abu3baid ...you've got the same problem I have, you've overeducated yourself on theory which, as @iacas pointed out, means you over think just like me. Be a stupid monkey, ONLY DO what your coach tells you to do, forget about everything else you think is wrong because your probably wrong about what you think is wrong...ya know?

I wasted 2 months on an obsession with downswing plane that totally effed up my swing. Luckily I realized how stupid (and not in a good way) I was being before I did too much damage and am now back on the proper path (no pun intended).

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

"Swinging freely out to right field" is a great way to have massive hook problems. If you're on evolvr, stop thinking for yourself and do as asked. Be a Stupid Monkey.

Thank you.. I guess since I have spent most of my golf life swinging across the ball, feeling as I am swinging to the right or having that thought might be helping getting used not quickly coming around my body right after impact.  Having said that, I plan on following the exact instruction I get to the T :) ..

Look at frame 5. That being higher indicates that you are swinging out to the right. Also, so what if you're on the same plane as your backswing? As long as the plane on the downswing intersects the ball the whole time, who cares how steep or shallow it is. Shallow and intersecting on the downswing leads to more curve with varying AoA and greater chances of goofy contact.

You're overthinking this.

Again, thanks for the info.. I had no idea that the club line being higher meant I was swinging to the right.. As far as being on the same plane as the backswing I wasn't saying this is good or bad.. Actually, I just wanted to put that out there as a reference, so that I can compare my swing later on & maybe get some understanding as to what these different positions mean.

What do you mean by intersecting the ball the whole time if you don't mind me asking?

I can attest to this. Last season I really focused on swinging hard to the right because my path was sooo bad. I actually traced chalklines on my mat, one target line and one swing line at about 20* to the right. It helped my path and I learned some stuff about what it feels like to come from the inside but I also hit some pretty huge hooks, and I mean boomin' hooks, I thought a couple of them were gonna hit me in the back of the head.

LOL.. I actually put a couple lines the same exact way and I have been trying to do that same exact thing.. Of course I'm not really hitting hooks right now so I'll just stop this drill for now and just wait to see what my Evolvr teacher tells me to do..

I also add this @Abu3baid ...you've got the same problem I have, you've overeducated yourself on theory which, as @iacas pointed out, means you over think just like me. Be a stupid monkey, ONLY DO what your coach tells you to do, forget about everything else you think is wrong because your probably wrong about what you think is wrong...ya know?

I wasted 2 months on an obsession with downswing plane that totally effed up my swing. Luckily I realized how stupid (and not in a good way) I was being before I did too much damage and am now back on the proper path (no pun intended).

I agree.. I plan on not working on any drill other than the ones given to me until I reach my goal of shooting in single digits!

Does this mean that I can't engage in any swing theory or analysis on my own swing until such time?

I think because of my background I just can't help but engage in understanding and rationalizing and theorizing about my golf swing, but what I should be able to do is when the time comes to actually apply to forget everything that I have read or understood and just do as I am told..

Does that sound fair?

Oh, and no pun taken!

Eyad

Not sure why I didn't do this before, but finally I strengthened my right hand as well... I was told to strengthen my left, but nothing about my right.. I'm assuming that I should have understood that though.. So, now I can notice that I am not even able to go back in my backswing any further than my pivot and I hope that is what is supposed to happen.. I will try this until my next lesson.. Maybe I'll even record some shots with it..

Eyad

What do you mean by intersecting the ball the whole time if you don't mind me asking?

Frame 3

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Frame 3

Thanks Mike, I guess this will be something I will work on when I move on to Key#4, so I won't worry about it for now :)

Eyad

Thanks Mike, I guess this will be something I will work on when I move on to Key#4, so I won't worry about it for now :)

Yeah get the Key 1 and 2 stuff good and you might not even have to worry about "fixing" anything with Key 4.  It's a system of prioritization.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Wanted to post my grip change over the past week.. I found out that my grip on the left made no sense.. a strong left hand and a weak right hand??  Does that even work?

so, the change was I strengthened my right hand grip as much as I could to feel like it was in line with my left hand..  I feel like I am able to hinge better now and although my 3H and up play has gone down the tubes since I started changing my swing this month, I saw some really great contact and ball flight with my 7i and below..

Do you guys agree that my new grip on the right makes more sense now?

Eyad

It looks like I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

The priority piece I will be working on will be shallowing the downswing to get better in-out sweet spot path!

I took a video of me today after practicing for a few days and I have been able to change the picture ever so slightly, but I have a lot more work to do to be able to change the pictures completely.

One thing I noticed right away is that as of right now, I am actually going shallow to steep.. (First time I have noticed that)

I'm sure I still need more work on Key2 & Key3, but hey my priority is my priority right!

I am going to be working on laying the club down drill and I'm just going to keep mapping it until I can comfortably do it with a full swing!

I'll keep ya posted!

Eyad

You're in good company. Now @Golfingdad and I will have more threads to spy on! Take a look in my swing thread, post 353, for a big list of feels for that piece that @iacas was kind enough to share.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

You're in good company. Now @Golfingdad and I will have more threads to spy on! Take a look in my swing thread, post 353, for a big list of feels for that piece that @iacas was kind enough to share.

Just like I have been spying a while back :) Notes from thread copied :)

Eyad

Just wanted to share two swings I recorded yesterday.  The picture didn't change much, but much better than when I first started with the guys at Evolvr.  There must be some progress if I am going to be working on Key#4 with less than a month with them right?  I know there is a ton of stuff for me to look at in terms of my posture & especially my take away & shoulder turn.. However, I'm not going to come up with a list of faults just yet :)

Eyad

Went to the range yesterday and I really worked on mapping and laying the club down.  I started with just stopping at A6 and then just taking it back and hitting it.. I was hitting baby draws with lower ball flight than usually with the pitching wedge.. Also, one thing I did also do was strengthen my left hand a little bit more, and I really feel it on top of my chest now.. So, when I took the club back I can feel it a little bit more inside, and I can feel my shoulder really coming down under my chin better.

Finally, when I moved to full shots I was really hitting it well, and then I just moved up the clubs one by one and I can feel it in the swing and see it with the ball flight that I am hitting crisp baby draws basically.  My only disappointment was really with the driver, but out of 10 shots only 3 were pushed and 1 push slice while the rest were nice piercing baby draws and or straight shots..

It was a good session and I look forward to building on it! Of course I continue to just map slowly in my house to try and ingrain the motion in my swing.. I hope to record my progress soon as I know it will not be easy changing the picture!

Eyad

Still working on getting more consistent contact.. I think my short game has really gone down the tubes and that has been costing me alot of shot especially on the short course that I play..

However, if I can get some GIRs I won't need to worry about my chipping right?  These are from today!  Thoughts?  Comments?

Eyad

Thanks Stephan for your input.. I started working on keeping my shoulder steeper in the downswing so that I am not forced to basically lift my chin to let my shoulder thru and this is probably what is causing me to have inconsistency in making contact I am assuming.

One thing that I was working on and sort of clicked is when I turn my shoulder to feel like my chin is actually almost getting connected to the top shoulder.. I haven't had a chance to take it to the course yet, but my head chin is not moving up anymore and my eyes aren't "straining" to keep looking at the ball at the top of the swing.  The interesting thing is that I think my downswing path also improved with this, but I will not really know till I try it out.

I guess my question is about the connection between the chin and the shoulder at the top of the back swing @sk golf ?

I looked at a lot of pictures and it looks to me like they all basically have their chin buried in their shoulder, not just touching it.. am I on the right track?

Also, just wanted to mention that my ball flight is high at the peak of the ball flight IMO.. how high, I'm not sure.. The ball height does however decrease as I go from my PW to Dr.

Thanks again.

Eyad

• Administrator
Eyad, the chin/shoulder stuff varies by the player. For your sake work on your piece and stop trying to know more. It's not the "Stupid Monkey" thing to do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets