IGNORED

which is harder...

doublesuited77
Note: This thread is 6113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which is the hardest handicap improvement to make

• 3 to scratch
    • 6 to 3
    • 12 to 6
    • 24 to 12

Id probably have to say 12-6. Ive been entering consecutive good scores and it doesnt seem to be falling really. Although at the same time its pretty easy, ive been shooting scores that are at a 6.7 handicap and ive gone from a 9.2 to an 8.1 this summer.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I'd say a 3 to scratch because when you are a three you hit scores consistantly and to improve it and become consistant and comfortable all over again would be, in my mind, quite the task.
What's In My 2006 r7 Stand Bag...

r7 XR Japan 10.5
200 Series 3 Wood
Burner Rescue 3 rac HT 4-PW rac fe2o3 56*,60* Rossa Daytona 1 Sport hat w/ Adidas Apparel

Very interesting thread, I enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts.

I'll say 24-12 because that's all I know. Although it seems the lower your handicap the harder it is to knock off strokes, so 3-0 might be the ultimate answer.

Personally, I'm stuck in a rut. I've been floating around 15-16 for a year now. I went from 30 to 15 in about 1.5 years. As a 30, I was making so many foolish mistakes out there it was very easy to knock strokes off. Basically I just stopped chunking shots on every hole, that was my problem.

Now I'm stuck and not really playing enough these days to get over the hump. The birth of my daughter has kept me busy with other things besides golf.

Hi

id say 6-3, thats where i am, because the margins are so small and mistakes are costly

then again, 3-0-++ must be even harder because the marginn for error is even smaller.

the higher brackets are not so hard as mistakes can be made and the player can still improve his handicap

bb69

I think that most of us have hit a wall at one time or another, and in most cases we will feel that point is the toughest hurdle to overcome. For me it's the 12-6. I've been there twice now, and I can't seem to get to the point where I can hit my full shots consistently enough to get my handicap below 10. My lifetime low score is 73 (+1), and in the past I've shot plenty of rounds in the 70's, but never to the point that my index dropped below 9.4, even when I was playing a lot of golf, and playing pretty well.

As a result, I can't vote for the lower caps because I have no experience with them. For me the bar is set at about 10, and I can't seem to pass that point.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think if you want to get down to a scratch level or even below 6 you really have to 'think' about the mechanics behind a good golf swing as well be able to visualize it and make adjustments on the fly. Without that, you could be on a train wreck towards a big score even though you've played even par for the first 9 holes. At least that's my experience.

Now to have the time to really understand the swing means sacrificing other things. For me, that is other sports that I have enjoyed playing in the past to allow me to focus in on golf. I have to sacrifice time away from these sports (baseball/hockey) because I have a wife and a child that require some attention once in a while...

I think if I was able to practice my putting a bit more rather than winging it as I have been doing while on the golf course I could bring my index down a few notches. I still 3 putt on average once/twice a round and you really need to eliminate those to be a scratch golfer.

Also, if I could practice more on shaping the ball, I think I'd be closer to the pin on my approach shots and thus make more putts and eliminate those nasty 3 putts. One improvement can impact improvements to another areas.

So all in all... it's just TIME you need! I'm sure if everyone had won the lottery we'd all be pretty close to scratch golfers one way or another!

Mind you, natural ability/athleticism and/or sheer determination are also great assets in lowering your scores faster than the next person without them.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

I say three to scratch, but it's really six to scratch. It's more than the golf that gets you down to scratch, it's the mental side you need. People your playing with that can throw your game off. Can't be talking about work and family,giving a putting tip,helping find a lost ball,having a beer and talking about anything. when you go out to practice by yourself thats why you'll play better, no outside distractions.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Note: This thread is 6113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!