IGNORED

Sabbatini Non Grata

Sherpat
Note: This thread is 6091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't recall him calling out Tiger. He said Tiger was beatable. He didn't specify by whom.

Not by Sabatini apparently. He's right though. Tiger is as "beatable as ever"... that means not very beatable. Tigers career win percentage is 25.6%. The world #2, Furyk, win percentage is 3.6% and #3, Lefty, is at 8.6%. Sabatini's (world rank #11) win percentage is 1.8%. Sabatini and Woods have played almost the same number of career events and Tiger has 58 wins. Rory has 4... Maybe he should keep his thoughts to himself. SybPar

• 2 weeks later...
On Pardon The Interruption tonight, they had a story about how Sabbatini is apparently stirring the pot with Tiger again. Calling him out about skipping the 1st round of the FedEx Cup playoffs and what not. Problem is, I can't find a link to a story about it on ESPN.com.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

He just said that Tiger probably had other reasons to not be there, and indicated that 10 million dollars didnt matter that much to Tiger which is why he wasnt there...or somethin to that effect.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

Did anyone else see this: Sabbatini was hitting a three wood yesterday on a par 5, his caddy takes the Nike headcover off of the club and hands it to him, he hits the shot and hands it back to the caddy and I could have sworn it was a Taylor Made Burner 3 wood. Did anyone else notice this? It was towards the end of the telecast.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I have always had mixed feelings about Rory. I would never go so far as to say that what he did with the Ben Crane situation was the right thing to do, but he did complain to the officials that day and they did nothing so he took matters in his own hands. It was no doubt poor etiquette but slow play is the cancer of golf and the pro's set a very poor example for our young players. I guess I really do not hold anything against him for how he handled that situation.
However, I think he made a mistake by asking for the fan to be thrown out because he said something. Davis Love as you know did something similar a few years ago simply because some guy said "no love". I stopped being a Davis Love fan that day because of his actions that day. Same with Rory, he lost all of his credibility with me for having the guy thrown out. If you are going to run your mouth, then you better grow some thick skin. The PGA Tour pampers these guys way too much and throwing fans out for exercising their right to free speech does nothing to win fans for the PGA Tour.
Just my two cents worth!

PS: To Finn07...I think that was a TM Burner. That subject has been discussed over at Golfwrx.com

I have always had mixed feelings about Rory. I would never go so far as to say that what he did with the Ben Crane situation was the right thing to do, but he did complain to the officials that day and they did nothing so he took matters in his own hands. It was no doubt poor etiquette but slow play is the cancer of golf and the pro's set a very poor example for our young players. I guess I really do not hold anything against him for how he handled that situation.

they did do something about the slow play, they placed them on the clock and if memory serves me correctly and they caught up and were taken off the clock...... all those in the gallery that day booed Rory bigtime (and rightfully so imo) Rory is a butthead, no doubt about it, he carries himself like he is the best golfer out there, and truth be told, he's a decent player but nothing to write home about. I don't care for the guy at all, as the old saying goes (1st impressions are hard to overcome).......

• Administrator
Did anyone else see this: Sabbatini was hitting a three wood yesterday on a par 5, his caddy takes the Nike headcover off of the club and hands it to him, he hits the shot and hands it back to the caddy and I could have sworn it was a Taylor Made Burner 3 wood. Did anyone else notice this? It was towards the end of the telecast.

If so, that's fairly common practice on the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
"The way I see it, if you don't play all four events, you shouldn't be eligible...If they played one event for the playoffs in the NBA or baseball or football, you play one and if you decide, OK, I'm going to skip this week, that's a forfeit..." says Rory.

Rory obviously doesnt know what hes talking about (thank god he's not american).

In football (I'm assuming American football since he referenced the NBA and baseball) you get a first round bye in the playoffs if you are one of the best teams in the conference. In baseball, the best record in each league is allowed to choose the first round format against the wildcard...its what SEEDING is all about - the top ranked always should have the advantage going through the rounds - making it easier on them for busting their hump the entire season.

I like Rory for his competitiveness...but seriously, please know what you're talking about before running your mouth!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 6091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!