• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Always an 80

Geese

42 posts in this topic

Lots of geese here. Once on the green can I clean goose poop off my ball or switch balls? Thanks.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You're kidding, right?

ROFL. Not kidding. Sometimes greens full of Canada Geese!! You have to wade in and go after your ball lol. They leave lots of gifts on the putting surface. Are you allowed to clean the ball you used to reach the green or can you substitute with a fresh ball to save time??

Lots of geese here. Once on the green can I clean goose poop off my ball or switch balls? Thanks.

Of course you can clean the ball - once you are on that green that is always allowed.  You are not allowed to change balls.

I think the reason that Harmonious replied like he did is because he thought you should already know that if you are actually an 8 handicap.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been told by the R&A; that a local rule is permitted which gives relief for lie of ball or area of intended of swing but not stance.

The ball may then be cleaned.

Of course you can clean the ball - once you are on that green that is always allowed.  You are not allowed to change balls.   I think the reason that Harmonious replied like he did is because he thought you should already know that if you are actually an 8 handicap.

I'm not good with the rules. Can I hit a golf ball pretty straight? Yep. Did my tennis background help me a lot? Yep. Can I shoot at least decently when I do get time to hit the links? Yep. Does my handicap predispose that I can properly deal with goose poop? Nope. That is why I asked. Answer much appreciated. :)

Just give it a quick lick and putt out already, people are waiting to hit their approach!!!

Just give it a quick lick and putt out already, people are waiting to hit their approach!!!

HAR! I needed a good laugh. Thanks!!

This may help. [URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoAmVKICkoU&feature;=player_embedded]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoAmVKICkoU&feature;=player_embedded[/URL]

Another great response. LMAO.

I'm not good with the rules. Can I hit a golf ball pretty straight? Yep. Did my tennis background help me a lot? Yep. Can I shoot at least decently when I do get time to hit the links? Yep. Does my handicap predispose that I can properly deal with goose poop? Nope. That is why I asked. Answer much appreciated. :)

Just curious, is your handicap official and accurate, or some kind of estimation based on your average scores?

Just curious, is your handicap official and accurate, or some kind of estimation based on your average scores?

Have never figured out my correct handicap. Never had opportunity of time to play seriously. Someone just said it goes off my average score. I'm sure there is a lot more to it. I hope I can find time to get out regularly some day and know what is really going on. I feel golf not only great game but can be a great way of life in a way as well. Hear to learn. Thanks for your help.

Have never figured out my correct handicap. Never had opportunity of time to play seriously. Someone just said it goes off my average score. I'm sure there is a lot more to it. I hope I can find time to get out regularly some day and know what is really going on. I feel golf not only great game but can be a great way of life in a way as well. Hear to learn. Thanks for your help.

Again with my curiosity.... You said that you play about "once every 5 years". Best estimate..... honestly, how many rounds of golf have you played in your life?

Again with my curiosity.... You said that you play about "once every 5 years". Best estimate..... honestly, how many rounds of golf have you played in your life?

How many rounds? I would say about 20 or so. I was pretty well ready for the course though when I went for first time. Grew up by myself on a farm with my brothers old clubs. Many hours playing make believe tournaments in my head and teaching myself how to hit straight. Thanks for the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Again with my curiosity....

You said that you play about "once every 5 years". Best estimate..... honestly, how many rounds of golf have you played in your life?

How many rounds? I would say about 20 or so. I was pretty well ready for the course though when I went for first time. Grew up by myself on a farm with my brothers old clubs. Many hours playing make believe tournaments in my head and teaching myself how to hit straight. Thanks for the question.

Ignore him David.  I don't know if he's an idiot or just a trolling wise ass, but you can't have a reasonable discussion with someone who won't give a straight answer.  20 rounds and he claims an 8 handicap?  Yeah, right.

Ignore him David.  I don't know if he's an idiot or just a trolling wise ass, but you can't have a reasonable discussion with someone who won't give a straight answer.  20 rounds and he claims an 8 handicap?  Yeah, right.

I know, I just wanted to get it out there for everyone to see.....

For your information sir my first round was 91. If your success was slower than mine I cannot comment upon it. I know my background and I know my scores. Countless hours were spent figuring out how to hit the ball. Then I went into tennis in my teens. Tennis taught me better timing and weight shift for control and power. I find you to be rude and assumptive to say such things about me. However Ill not not hold this against you. My putting game is quite lacking. You may restore my faith in you by giving me some tips on the subject. You are obviously an avid golfer. I welcome your input. Just please do not be so cruelly judgmental to someone whom you do not know please. Yeah its the Internet. Bul$#@&t; is all around us. Everybody and his dog hits 275 straight and never three putts. We all have big money big boats and beautiful wives. We have all passed a MENSA test. Ill not claim all this crap. Ill just claim that I have worked hard in several of sports through the years. And that a true sportsman never lies. Now if you will view me as truthful...You can be an asset to this game we all love and help one such as myself who needs good guidance to further my game in a proper and disciplined way. I have no rancor with you brother. ---Matt