IGNORED

My Swing (RFKFREAK)

RFKFREAK

14 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@RFKFREAK, take this with a grain of salt but if I were you I would set my right wrist almost immediately as the first thing off the ball before your left arm start moving away in the backswing. You will have a much easier time staying on plane and not lifting up your torso to finish out your backswing. And yes, it will feel wierd.  

I don't think I quite understand what you mean.  I feel that except for probably too much lower body movement, my backswing is actually pretty good.  I don't see much movement of my torso on the swings.  Are you saying it should be completely still?  I fear if I set my right wrist too quickly that I'll mess up the timing of the clubhead bisecting my hands at A2.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I fear if I set my right wrist too quickly that I'll mess up the timing of the clubhead bisecting my hands at A2.

You can still get clubhead to line up with your hands at A2. Just that it will happen little closer to the ground. A2 should be happen ideally before it gets to beltline anyway. Keep your arms closer to your chest till you get to A2. Don't let them get away so quickly.

Vishal S.

2 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

You can still get clubhead to line up with your hands at A2. Just that it will happen little closer to the ground. A2 should be happen ideally before it gets to beltline anyway. Keep your arms closer to your chest till you get to A2. Don't let them get away so quickly.

Ok, I'll give it a go, thanks!

Going to rain today so probably won't hit the range again until Saturday as I'm looking to play tomorrow. 

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

• Administrator

You're working on evolvr, so I won't say much here… but I do think that the right elbow folds and stays pretty tight to your body.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

You're working on evolvr, so I won't say much here… but I do think that the right elbow folds and stays pretty tight to your body.

Should I want my elbow away from my body?

Christian

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Should I want my elbow away from my body?

Depends. More importantly is the over-flexing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Depends. More importantly is the over-flexing.

Ok, thanks, I'll try and incorporate it with what my instructor has me working on (keeping lower body quiet from A1 to A2 and having the club raise quicker than my hands). 

Christian

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Ok, thanks, I'll try and incorporate it with what my instructor has me working on (keeping lower body quiet from A1 to A2 and having the club raise quicker than my hands). 

That's why I didn't want to say too much. He'll get to that stuff in due time… for now, it's probably too much to worry about.

Just now, iacas said:

That's why I didn't want to say too much. He'll get to that stuff in due time… for now, it's probably too much to worry about.

Ok, sounds good.  I'll try it and if I feel it's too many pieces then I'll focus on what my instructor has me working on.

Christian

Got a response from my instructor and he said one of the important things to work on was steepening the shaft from A2 to A4.  This is the last swing of the evening and although I think in the practice swings the shaft is steep enough, it flattens out in the actual swing.  I think I may have to do some mirror work before trying this at the range again.

Christian

Super excited about the fact that I went to the range today and didn't slice my driver at all.  I feel like the mirror work definitely paid off as I have a better sense of what my arm angle has to look like to me on the backswing to get the shaft steep.  I think I did a better job of it.

Christian

• 6 months later...

It's been 6 months since I picked up a club and even though it was windy and 40 degrees yesterday I decided to hit some balls.  I didn't think it was possible but it appears I've regressed significantly. 😕

Christian

You've worked at it before making improvements so you can do it again. Keep at it.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

10 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

You've worked at it before making improvements so you can do it again. Keep at it.

Appreciate the support!

Just would have liked to not have regressed so so much. 😂

Christian

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Appreciate the support!

Just would have liked to not have regressed so so much. 😂

That would always be nice. This game sucks but I love it so. You'll get there.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

2 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

That would always be nice. This game sucks but I love it so. You'll get there.

Yeah, first range session of the year so just gotta keep that in mind.

Christian