IGNORED

My Swing (RFKFREAK)

RFKFREAK

From dtl, bend over a little less, going to feel a little taller with the hands closer to you.

From face on, work on getting the weight forward but not letting the head go with it. BTW the A4 pic looks really nice!

What aspect of my swing will standings taller and having my hands closer help me with?

Limbo, I like it!

Is it bad I had to look up what A4 was?  Haha, good thing it was an easy thread to find and thank you - I've really been working on a lot on A4 although I'm sure there is still room for improvement. :8)

I just have 1 question for RFK..what the heck happened to your fence..?

Are you talking about my neighbors wooden fence or the lack of one in the backyard?  Haha.

The fence was down when we got the house last year.  I'm not a big fence guy, tbh, although I'm sure my neighbors would probably like me to have it when the occasional mishit occurs. O:)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What aspect of my swing will standings taller and having my hands closer help me with?

Going to make some of the pivot stuff harder to accomplish because you're not really "balanced" at address.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Going to make some of the pivot stuff harder to accomplish because you're not really "balanced" at address.

Ahhh, thanks. Had a terrible practice session with my full swing today. *shakehead*

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Played 9 holes on a 34.3/109 course and recorded it.

Unfortunately my video card filled up so I couldn't record all of the 8th hole or any of the 9th.

I welcome all critics.

Christian

• 1 month later...

Wow, am I having trouble with my driver and hoping to get some help.

The last time I played three weeks ago I was driving the ball well on the front 9 and then on the back started pulling the ball off the tee.

Life got hectic and yesterday was the first time I was able to swing a club since I last played so I went to the range and found myself doing the same thing with the driver.  My irons don't react this way.

Ball flight is low and not going very far and the ball starts straight and then curves to the left.

Any help would be appreciated!

Christian

Wow, am I having trouble with my driver and hoping to get some help.

The last time I played three weeks ago I was driving the ball well on the front 9 and then on the back started pulling the ball off the tee.

Life got hectic and yesterday was the first time I was able to swing a club since I last played so I went to the range and found myself doing the same thing with the driver.  My irons don't react this way.

Ball flight is low and not going very far and the ball starts straight and then curves to the left.

Any help would be appreciated!

Good thread to check out

Couples things I would add

- Narrow the stance up

- Hit some 50% speed drivers where you start the ball right center by "pushing" the path out to the right.

Mike McLoughlin

Good thread to check out

Couples things I would add

- Narrow the stance up

- Hit some 50% speed drivers where you start the ball right center by "pushing" the path out to the right.

This is great, thank you.

I especially like the piece where you said in the video to position my body a bit to the right.

I was noticing yesterday when I slowed down my swing that it seemed at times I was coming into it with a closed face which accounted for the times I was pulling or pull drawing the ball rather than the times I was straight drawing it.  I also hit my 3W a few times off the tee yesterday and noticed that I was also straight drawing that, too.  Do you think the issue is likely the same as with my driver?

Considering I used to straight fade the ball almost the entire time last year, I'm planning on going to the range tomorrow and hopefully I'll start push drawing the ball. :-)

Christian

Do you think the issue is likely the same as with my driver?

I would imagine so, like I said in the driver thread golfer's swings don't really change from club to club, unless we're talking about the putter ;-)

Long term pieces for you are

- Making sure the left shoulder goes down enough, as it goes back

- Weight going forward without the head translating forward

Mike McLoughlin

Long term pieces for you are

- Making sure the left shoulder goes down enough, as it goes back

Down enough?  I'm not quite sure I understand.

Christian

Down enough?  I'm not quite sure I understand.

Needs to go down longer so it traces the green line. Your pivot is too much "around", left shoulder runs into your chin rather than traveling under it. The compensation is to then swing "around" on the downswing.

More info here

Mike McLoughlin

Needs to go down longer so it traces the green line. Your pivot is too much "around", left shoulder runs into your chin rather than traveling under it. The compensation is to then swing "around" on the downswing. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/106224/] [/URL] More info here

Ahh, I understand now. I've always felt like my shoulder runs into my head the backswing. I thought because of my size and lack of flexibility that there wasn't really a way to avoid it. Looking at the comparison, it looks like I should also try and feel like I'm standing straight up rather than swaying back. I just tried to do it a bit and it feels a a little awkward but I'm planning on going to range tomorrow and I'll take another video. Hopefully I'll see some improvement.

Christian

I just tried to do it a bit and it feels a a little awkward but I'm planning on going to range tomorrow and I'll take another video. Hopefully I'll see some improvement.

Awkward isn't necessarily bad, if it felt normal it means nothing is changing.

Mike McLoughlin

A couple of vids I took yesterday.

I think the pivot is better as I didn't feel like my shoulder was hitting my head on the backswing.

I'm trying to concentrate on keeping my head still and also not having my weight thrust forward.

Christian

Yep, better for sure. Keep working on getting that left shoulder down and under the chin.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 months later...

I'm working on Key #2 while not regressing on Key #1.

I'm trying to have my left knee go towards the target on the down swing while also trying to get my weight forward by feeling like I was pressing down into the ground on the down swing.

Christian

And here's some with my 3W because of another thread that I started:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/78395/hitting-3w-off-the-tee-or-from-the-ground

Christian

Looks to me like the ball is too far forward. You're pretty much lunging at it just so you don't whiff. I actually think that you put it that far forward because you have a tendency to move your head forward in your downswing, otherwise you'd come in too steep and risk hitting it fat. Definitely go with the drill @mvmac linked in the other thread.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Looks to me like the ball is too far forward. You're pretty much lunging at it just so you don't whiff. I actually think that you put it that far forward because you have a tendency to move your head forward in your downswing, otherwise you'd come in too steep and risk hitting it fat. Definitely go with the drill @mvmac linked in the other thread.

Do you mean with my 3W or the iron (which was a 6I).

Christian