IGNORED

Club Maintenence

Strandly
Note: This thread is 3861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you clean your clubs?

• After every shot.
    • During a round but not necessarily after every shot.
    • After every round.
    • After every 2 rounds.
    • After every 3+ rounds.
    • I never clean them.

I clean an iron before or after a shot with a wire brush if I notice it needs it. How many times depends on the course I'm playing and the conditions. No set routine.

I wipe off my driver face if I feel like I am not hitting the sweet spot (so I can see where the next impact is). On days when I'm really hitting it well it never occurs to me to wipe it off and on days when I'm hitting it like crap it might be after every shot.

If I'm at the clubhouse waiting for our game to start (and I'm in the mood) I sometimes take all of my clubs out of the bag and clean them in the lake that is just a few feet away from the clubhouse.

A few times a year just before golf trips I clean them all in the kitchen sink.

I never "clean" my clubs. I do wipe them down with my wet towel after every shot.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I too voted never, but with a caveat.  I wipe them off during the round as I play, I don't bring them in the house and clean them until I put them away for the season.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I voted never, but there wasn't really a choice that suited me well. I don't consider wiping them off with a towel cleaning them, although I do that nearly every shot. My clubs do however get a good thorough cleaning before every tournament I play in. I'm talking bring them inside and scrub them with soapy water and a brush. This almost led me to the 3+ rounds option, but it's typically way more than 3 rounds between cleaning, probably closer to 20.

I make sure the clubface and grooves are clean before each shot.  Whether I clean before or after each shot is up for debate. ;-)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I clean mine with soap and water after every round.  I just use a nylon bristled brush (never use any kind of wire brush) and it takes maybe 5 minutes to clean them.  I dont know if it makes them perform any better but it would drive me crazy to have a set of clubs that is dirty and look like I dont take proper care of them.

+1

I clean mine with soap and water after every round.  I just use a nylon bristled brush (never use any kind of wire brush) and it takes maybe 5 minutes to clean them.  I dont know if it makes them perform any better but it would drive me crazy to have a set of clubs that is dirty and look like I dont take proper care of them.

+2

i'll look at the club when I pull it out of the bag, if its got crap in the grooves i'll wire brush it.

I guess I'm backwards, probably should just wipe off any grass/sand/dirt before putting them back in the bag.

probably because as a ~30 index i'm still jazzed about hitting a good shot, or irritated by the ganked shot.. clean the club now? aint got time for dat! :)

If the conditions are really wet, I usually wipe it down after a shot.

If the conditions are really dry, thus hard dirt is crammed in the grooves I'll hit and put it in the bag.  If I have to pull the club again I'll clean it with a wire brush before hitting or spit and wipe.

I cannot stand addressing a ball with a dirty club.  Somehow it distracts me

After hitting out of the sand I will clean it every time no matter what the course conditions.

I've been known to be waiting to hit on a dry day knowing my clubs have crud on them and I'll detour to a pond and dip and wipe a few clubs.

Yes, I know, I should carry a wet towel but I don't.

Woods just depend on use and condition.

Clubs are then clean after a round.

This ^^.  I don't get why any course which can afford to do so doesn't put them on the carts along with the sand/seed jugs.  My home course is a muni and we have them... what a wonderfully handy tool - wet brush the club in the washer, then wipe dry and you're off with a clean club ready for the next use - takes like 5 seconds.

My home course has the club and ball washers on all their carts as well.   They are handy for a quick clean up as needed.   BUT....  once I get home, I clean the clubs off good in the sink in my garage after virtually every round.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

The club I've joined (all you can play yearly membership) has someone waiting at 18th hole to clean clubs.   I just need to tip them.  Now, I never have to clean my wife's clubs again :-P .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I never "clean" my clubs. I do wipe them down with my wet towel after every shot.

Of course wiping down a club with a cloth post shot is cleaning it.  No one expects you to have a bucket of water with detergent and a brush on the back of your push cart.

Note: This thread is 3861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!